2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

Guhle was never close to making this team last year. I really like him and I am excited for him to continue to grow but a 18yr old 2nd round underweight defender is not making an NHL roster.  Preseason he looked like he could skate at an NHL level, which helped him in a lot of ways. His skating is great but he still has some developing to do.

Good teams, allow players like him to play out junior seasons and to develop properly in the AHL before putting him in full time NHL action. This board is dazzled by skating for sure. Sam Reinhart will need the AHL but Brendan Guhle won't, that was the sentiment last summer. We need to step back and look at this logically. Guhle isn't at NHL speed and it is one of the reasons Phaneuf was able to eat him.  Let him develop proper and we could have a really great offensive defender in a 3-4 years.

Guhle was never close to making this team last year.

While your use of this is correct, it reminds me about something.

Can we get sports talk hosts to use proper terminology where referencing this season, last season, next season as well as this year, last year or next year?

As far as I'm concerned, "year" and sports shouldn't be comingled. It's season because many of these sports transition from one year to the next during the season. Also, as soon as your season ends, it's the offseason. The next time your team plays it's next season, not next year. In the same vein, if you are talking about what happened during the 2015-2016 Buffalo Sabres on April 13th 2016, it's still this season. It doesn't become last season at least until the draft or Stanley Cup is awarded.

Guhle was never close to making this team last year. I really like him and I am excited for him to continue to grow but a 18yr old 2nd round underweight defender is not making an NHL roster.  Preseason he looked like he could skate at an NHL level, which helped him in a lot of ways. His skating is great but he still has some developing to do.

Good teams, allow players like him to play out junior seasons and to develop properly in the AHL before putting him in full time NHL action. This board is dazzled by skating for sure. Sam Reinhart will need the AHL but Brendan Guhle won't, that was the sentiment last summer. We need to step back and look at this logically. Guhle isn't at NHL speed and it is one of the reasons Phaneuf was able to eat him.  Let him develop proper and we could have a really great offensive defender in a 3-4 years.

After continually watching guys like Franson, Gorges, and Weber plod around the ice, it was refreshing to see somebody with foot speed and quickness.    

Guhle is a very good skater, however he still needs to learn how to defend at the pro-level, as does Nelson.   I see at least 1 full year of seasoning in Rochester for both of them.

After continually watching guys like Franson, Gorges, and Weber plod around the ice, it was refreshing to see somebody with foot speed and quickness.    

Guhle is a very good skater, however he still needs to learn how to defend at the pro-level, as does Nelson.   I see at least 1 full year of seasoning in Rochester for both of them.

Not sure that Nelson doesnt learn with the big club based what he showed last 9 games. Training camp may reveal more.

Haven't watched any full games but in the highlights it seems like Clayton Keller is all over the place, scoring or setting up his linemates. The guy looks legit, albeit the level of competition may be lacking even though it is an international tournament. The US has just dominated their competition so far.

Where is Keller in the draft discussion?

Haven't watched any full games but in the highlights it seems like Clayton Keller is all over the place, scoring or setting up his linemates. The guy looks legit, albeit the level of competition may be lacking even though it is an international tournament. The US has just dominated their competition so far.

Where is Keller in the draft discussion?

Most have him like 12-17.  Somewhere in that range.  He has a lot of talent for sure.  

Edited by TheCerebral1

Will the Sabres win the lottery for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?

I just played the simulator about 30 times.

Got the Sabres winning #1 overall once, second a bunch of times, but most resulted in nothing and us pushing back to 9th overall selection.

I have a weird feeling we are going to win one of the top 3 spots.

If we win the lottery, I can't even conceive of what my reaction will be.

Laughter, because I will spit out what ever I'm drinking.  Cracking the top three, would be a coo, especially with how productive our season was!  It would be completely hilarious if it meant winning more before we won the lottery.  :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.