2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Maybe you need that draft pick to complete a trade that will bring in a top 6 player. Way too much value in getting the pick over keeping an UFA that will walk for nothing.

at this point it doesnt really matter, its already a done deal that the Sabres are sellers cause they couldn't make Murray's ultimatum of winning 10 of 13,

Considering that's where I've got Fasching pencilled in, I guess I'm ok w/ Bailey not being there. But since Jack and Gus have looked in sync together, I've really wanted to get a preview of what the Sabres "Legion if Doom" might become. Bailey might be able to give a snippet.

(And that is w/ realizing the LT plan probably is to have O'Reilly eventually on Jack's wing & Sam centering the 2nd line.)

As long as you have Kane on that 2 line, I'm, ok.  I want puck carriers on different lines.

BTW, see how carrying the puck over the blue line can result in goals?  Freaking wonderful, isn't it?  I'm looking at you, Disco...

Where did they get Bailey from?

Drafted him with a #2 Pick from St. Louis that came in the trade for Jordan Leopold.  (The Sabres also received St. Louis's #5 pick, with which they chose current Providence College Dman Anthony Florentino who could be a replacement for Bogo based on the Hockey's Future writeup.)

One thing that irks me about SabreSpace is the references to stuff that occurred in the past as if it is common knowledge.  And yeah it is, to sports junkies, but I'm more of a fan than a junkie.

So I look stuff up.  I started with Justin Bailey draft as Google terms, went to his Wiki page which had a link to the 2013 draft which has a footnote about the trade.

I tried the same to figure out why Justin hates his dad or whatever, but didn't find any obvious links talking about it.  (Still not sure why he wouldn't want to emulate his father, I guess because I'm not a sports junkie.)

Edited by The Big Johnson

Drafted him with a #2 Pick from St. Louis that came in the trade for Jordan Leopold. (The Sabres also received St. Louis's #5 pick, with which they chose current Providence College Dman Anthony Florentino who could be a replacement for Bogo based on the Hockey's Future writeup.)

One thing that irks me about SabreSpace is the references to stuff that occurred in the past as if it is common knowledge. And yeah it is, to sports junkies, but I'm more of a fan than a junkie.

So I look stuff up. I started with Justin Bailey draft as Google terms, went to his Wiki page which had a link to the 2013 draft which has a footnote about the trade.

I tried the same to figure out why Justin hates his dad or whatever, but didn't find any obvious links talking about it. (Still not sure why he wouldn't want to emulate his father, I guess because I'm not a sports junkie.)

I'm thinking they have room to add another 4 Dmen before we talk about replacing Bogo. He's got a spot in my top 4.

Right, but if that's the case, why don't they come out and say it, instead of beating around the bush and pointing at other posts that beat around the bush?

Because I wasn't sure.  My understanding is limited to an almost vague reference Eleven (who knows the family) made and that his biological father hasn't been mentioned once in any interviews/stories about the kid.  I wasn't going to come right out and say he doesn't have a relationship with his father, but that is what I surmised from what I've read.

Because I wasn't sure.  My understanding is limited to an almost vague reference Eleven (who knows the family) made and that his biological father hasn't been mentioned once in any interviews/stories about the kid.  I wasn't going to come right out and say he doesn't have a relationship with his father, but that is what I surmised from what I've read.

Thank you.

Bailey's been fun to watch, but I still think he'd be better off seasoning in the A for another year.

Yep. What he's done is proven he has NHL tools.

This is good motivation for him to go back and refine his game.

I agree with both of these.  He's shown more than I was expecting, but he's not ready to be a full-time NHLer.

There was an article about him recently in TBN that made it clear that his father wasn't around -- i.e. repeated references to his mom raising him as a single mom, etc.

What a dirtbag old Carlton turned out to be.

It's too bad that Carlton didn't remain involved on some level. Kudos to the kid's Mom, though. I think I heard Bailey say something about how his grandparents were heavily involved when he was a kid. I am pulling like hell for him -- and, like others, have really liked what I've seen.

Carlton is not the only former Bill to have had a child with a woman from the area, and then essentially skipped town. I've met two such kids over the years -- coached one and had one of my own kids on a team with the other (two different dads and former Bills).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.