2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

has Reinhart played on eichels wing at all? I know they are both rookies but I feel their games compliment eachother

Reinhart has looked effective no matter where he has played. He seems to be a very adaptable player. And yup he has played on Eichel's wing for limited stints.

Reinhart has looked effective no matter where he has played. He seems to be a very adaptable player. And yup he has played on Eichel's wing for limited stints.

In your opinion do you think the two of them would bring out the best in each other(now and down the road)or should they be separate to help other lines and spread the talent out a little?

has Reinhart played on eichels wing at all? I know they are both rookies but I feel their games compliment eachother

Not counting PP (when Eichel is at point) & last minute or 2, just a smidge.

Until Eichel claims his birthright (1C, sorry TBJ for calling a spade a spade), I'd expect Reinhart to primarily be on O'Reilly's wing. After that, he could be winger for either, or #2 C if O'Reilly gets moved toEichel's wing. Unless they get a LOT more offensive talent which makes it make sense for each to C a scoring line, those 3 are centerpieces of the top 2 lines along w/ Kane & Girgensons until somebody bumps 1 or both of them. And truthfully, the way Girgs and Eich enter the zone, I'm not in a rush to bump him to where he "belongs" on the 3rd line. I'd prefer to find another monster to put w/ them.

In your opinion do you think the two of them would bring out the best in each other(now and down the road)or should they be separate to help other lines and spread the talent out a little?

You didn't ask me, but I believe the LT plan is to put ROR & Eich together. I'd prefer to see them stay separate w/ ROR's main line staying in tactand giving Eifhel & Gus a finisher. Letting the current 1st line get 2nd line assignments would be huge.

And unless they go crazy the last 30 games & approach my early season predictions, this team will add 1 more really special player (though he might need another year of seasoning) soon. These guys could have Fasching & Bailey/Baptiste on 3rd line in 2 years; if that happens, Sam could be 3C and the Sabres have an even better 4th line than the last Kings SC Champs.

You didn't ask me, but I believe the LT plan is to put ROR & Eich together. I'd prefer to see them stay separate w/ ROR's main line staying in tactand giving Eifhel & Gus a finisher. Letting the current 1st line get 2nd line assignments would be huge.

And unless they go crazy the last 30 games & approach my early season predictions, this team will add 1 more really special player (though he might need another year of seasoning) soon. These guys could have Fasching & Bailey/Baptiste on 3rd line in 2 years; if that happens, Sam could be 3C and the Sabres have an even better 4th line than the last Kings SC Champs.

I meant to ask everyone. Thanks for the reply. I'm excited for Baptiste and bailey to develop and fasching to get here. I need to hurry up and call the cable company so I can watch some games.

Yup, what he said.

I do think though that Eichel and Reinhart's games have the ability to complement eachother, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the two of them get time together in critical situations during games, such as if we need a goal late in a game. Similar to how Bylsma used Crosby and Malkin while he was in Pittsburgh.

I meant to ask everyone. Thanks for the reply. I'm excited for Baptiste and bailey to develop and fasching to get here. I need to hurry up and call the cable company so I can watch some games.

I'd be surprised if both Bailey & Baptiste are true 2nd liners (or better). But I believe TM knows which one (if either) will get there and the other will be packaged with a current player (or players) for something this team needs. I see a lot of Imlach in TM. For our sake, hope that's right. ;)

Eichel said the mental grind is far more taxing on him now than the physical grind of the NHL season.

"All of us train so hard, eat the right way and we have so many strength and conditioning people, trainers, people that take care of you," Eichel said. "But mentally, just getting up for every game and preparing the right ways and doing the right things, it's a long season. You're on the ice everyday, but you're playing hockey and it's what you love to do so you really can't complain."

To get through it, Eichel said he leans heavily on the Sabres veterans, particularly forwards Matt Moulsonand David Legwand. Eichel lives in Moulson's house.

"It's nice to have guys like [Legwand] and it's great to live with a guy like Matt because they help you through it," Eichel said. "Like the other guys say, you're not going to have it 82 times a year, so just know that and don't get frustrated at yourself. I think that's what I've tried to do."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=44962

Edited by WildCard

O'Reilly has no goals in his last nine games, and is a -14 in January, after never being worse than -2 in any of the previous months this season. Glad he gets the rest, and hope he takes it easy in the 3 on 3 tournament.

In the last 18 games, Eichel has the fifth most points in the league with 20, tying Crosby, Malkin, and Kuznetsov for that spot. He's only behind Kane, Thornton, Kucherov, and Kopitar.

Great article about Eichel. 

Talks about since the Christmas Break DB has limited his ice time. From topping 18 to almost 20 mins a game and taking 22 to 28 shifts down to around 17 minutes a game and 22 shifts, since the break. 

Prior to the break his point total 1.1 per 60 mins played. With reduced playing time he is now up to 2.3 points per 60 mins played. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25464333

Great article about Eichel. 

Talks about since the Christmas Break DB has limited his ice time. From topping 18 to almost 20 mins a game and taking 22 to 28 shifts down to around 17 minutes a game and 22 shifts, since the break. 

Prior to the break his point total 1.1 per 60 mins played. With reduced playing time he is now up to 2.3 points per 60 mins played. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25464333

Great find Brawndo, these parts stuck out for me

Meanwhile, all year, Eichel has been playing a role far tougher than most of his rookie counterparts. The other top rookie scorers in the league are wingers. They have to learn a two-way game, too. However, as a center, Eichel has more defensive responsibilities. That's part of his game that he's still growing into, but as he continues to do that, his offensive game isn't dropping off anymore.

One of the constants about Eichel from start to finish this season is that he's been one of the Sabres' most effective players at generating shots on goal. He already has 150 this season, an average of three per game. Only Evander Kane has directed more shots on goal (157) and after those two, Rasmus Ristolainen is next closest with 118 shots on net.

Eichel's current shot total puts him on pace to direct 246 shots at the net over 82 games, which would be the fourth most by a rookie dating back to 2000-01 (via hockey-reference.com). The three guys that had more are Alex Ovechkin (who had an absurd 425 shots as a rookie), Sidney Crosby (278) and Gabriel Landeskog (270). The shot total is just one of several indicators that Eichel was getting closer and closer to his break out and now it appears to have arrived.

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.