2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Ryan O'Reilly and Cody Franson, each out with injuries since Feb. 12, both were spectators at practice on Wednesday. Franson is currently nursing an injury to his neck while O'Reilly is approaching week three of a lower-body injury with a 3-to-4 week timetable for recovery.

"Cody is progressing; we’d like to see him possibly going out with the team, getting on the ice soon," Bylsma said. "Ryan, again, his three-week period from his injury is Friday so that will be another point in his progression."

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=872942&navid=DL|BUF|home

Also, wouldn't it be nice if Gionta and Larsson can play all of next season like they've played the homestretch of the past two seasons?

I think it's entirely possible.  As role players, they don't get the same focus on "making them work" that the stars get, and as a result they're kind of an afterthought.  Nobody worries about their chemistry until the top lines are set.  The last two years they were with an gawdawful coach, and then a better coach but a new system.  Next year I think they'll likely come out of training camp with more stable lines and they should settle in quicker.  I think 12-22-82 will likely be together from the start next year.

We really need Ennis back. I'd rather even call Bailey up than see D-Lo on that line. I figured DD wouldn't break up the Larsson line, but I really didn't see D-Lo being the benefactor. Good on DD for keeping Jack-Sam together and not Jack-Kane. 

Edit: Never mind, ROR is in orange, not red. Apparently they're doing something with colors in practice today. So, ROR it appears ROR is in full contact, and likely back for Wednesday's game

Edited by WildCard

Just for the sake of experimentation the rest of the year I'd really like to see O'Reilly on Eichel's wing and Kane on Reinhart's wing. It's not that I think that's the best lineup to win right now, or necessarily the way I see it long term, but it's one way I can see it shaking out long term so I'd like to get a look at it now.

Just for the sake of experimentation the rest of the year I'd really like to see O'Reilly on Eichel's wing and Kane on Reinhart's wing. It's not that I think that's the best lineup to win right now, or necessarily the way I see it long term, but it's one way I can see it shaking out long term so I'd like to get a look at it now.

It's how I would do it long-term.

It's just a matter of which line gets Ennis and which gets Stamkos

Is everyone aware of the decline in Stamko's production over the last 2 years?  I am all for bringing in 40-50 goal 40-50 assists Stamkos but I am against 30g 25a Stamkos because honestly his 2 way game is mediocre. 

I feel like after the season ends we should have the Steven Stamkos Super Thread.

He currently has 31 and he scored 43 last year.  The question is, will he hit 40 consistently over the next 7 years or even 4 years>?

I don't want Stamkos either but I could easily see him potting 40 playing with Reinhart, Eichel, or O'Reilly. He would be a great addition but I'd personally rather see us snag a stud defenseman to play on the left hand side with Ristolainen so we can bump Gorges and McCabe down to spots that suit them better at this point and to bump Colaiacova down to 7th dman. The best way to create depth is by upgrading at the top of the lineup (1st pair LHD in this case) so we can slide good guys down to lower positions. I like both McCabe and Psysk but if we had the depth to have them both playing on the 3rd pair next season, I feel like we could have one of the better defensive lineups in the league.

Or you are just wrong. Teams like Chicsgo and LA have proven the capital is manageable and justify has shown that while natural wingers can't always play center, most centers can play wing.

Chicago is an anomaly, ask True about that one

No room for a 30+ and probably nearer 40+ goal scorer on the Sabres.

Quite frankly, this an absurd argument to me. It makes no sense, and does nothing to refute the claims others are making

I guess I worry about the cap and player positions more than goals.

You're not wrong by the way

Damn. Beat me to it.

It is clearly the goaltending and team toughness that has kept us scoring two or less per game.

Well, we have two rookies as our foundation and an abysmal defense which forces us to clear the puck rather than transition, or just spend the entire shift in our zone

The Kings have Kopitar and Muzzin for under face value, and while I don't know Doughty's off the top of my head I'd bet he is cheaper than he should be too

That's the point. Good teams get pksyers on value contracts and don't lose star players. The Ssbres are at least two years away from any cap issues and as long as they make the right player choices will have no problem managing cap. The only teams that lose core players to cap issues are teams that make the wrong choices.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.