2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

I'd send McCabe to Rochester to get his head back on straight and roll with Weber-Franson as my 3rd pair. I'm actually fine with the forward lines, shockingly enough. Really missing Ennis though--that top-6 could use some more offensive pop. The good version of him, anyway.

I rescind my first opinion on the D-pairings I'd like and will also choose this one.

:censored:

Just when our lines were finalllllllllly starting to click and DD was leaving them be. 

yeah cuz scoring 4 even strength goals in 2 games is really clicking for this team.

Yay, Gionta returns to the 2nd line

good, he's been playing well.

:censored:

Just when our lines were finalllllllllly starting to click and DD was leaving them be. 

I know this has been said several hundred times before but DD likes the 2 man lineup and moving the 3rd guy around, he's keeping ROR and Samson together, Eichel and Girgs plus Kane and Larsson. So I'm sure in his mind, he's not changing anything with the rash of minor injuries we seem to occur lately. If there's anything good about it is we haven't had a catastrophic injury since McCormick. (Oh puhleeze don't be jinxing anything), I still have faith Ennis will be back this year.

I know this has been said several hundred times before but DD likes the 2 man lineup and moving the 3rd guy around, he's keeping ROR and Samson together, Eichel and Girgs plus Kane and Larsson. So I'm sure in his mind, he's not changing anything with the rash of minor injuries we seem to occur lately. If there's anything good about it is we haven't had a catastrophic injury since McCormick. (Oh puhleeze don't be jinxing anything), I still have faith Ennis will be back this year.

I get that.  But it hasn't really worked out for the majority of the first half of the season (I know injuries also played a roll).  For the most part he has been keeping the same three together on each line and although we haven't been scoring at post lockout 2005-2006 levels, we've been (dare I say) good looking team since Girgs has come back and the lines have stayed the same. 

Edited by Derrico

I genuinely don't think ROR will ever be happy with himself

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=867392

Bylsma had some say in regards to who he wanted to participate in the optional skate and who he wanted to take the morning to rest, but there was one player he was unable to crack.

"I couldn’t get Ryan O'Reilly not to get out," Bylsma said. "We talked a little bit about him not having a break, so to speak, with the All-Star Game and taking advantage of maybe resting but he wanted to take the opportunity to score some goals today."

O'Reilly leads the team in both goals (17) and assists (25) this season, but it's now been 11 games since he was last able to light the lamp. He does have seven helpers in that stretch, but that hasn't made the any easier for him.

"I've been very frustrated with myself the last few games," he said. "I think I have a lot to learn going forward. I've had the game on my stick in a lot of different areas and not stepped up and made the big plays … I have a lot of work to do in getting back to where I want to be to help the team win."

Foligno back practicing today. Zemgus absent at the start

Sabres' lines: McGinn-O'Reilly-Reinhart, Foligno-Eichel-Moulson, Kane-Larsson-Gionta, Deslauriers-Catenacci-Legwand. No Girgensons.

Sabres' defense: Gorges-Ristolainen, McCabe-Bogosian, Weber-Pysyk, Colaiacovo-Franson.

I wonder if Franson sits tomorrow?

And Foligno just took a shot to the groin and is now in the room

I'm listening to a replay of today's Howard Simon show.

Over the last ten games, Jack Eichel has most consistently played with the same two linemates just 23% of the time, and those linemates are Girgensons and Foligno.

By contrast, Connor McDavid has had the same two linemates 84% of the time over his last ten games.

leftwinglock.com shows me that Artemi Panarin is with the same two linemates 80% of the time over the last ten games.

This is not good.

Over the last ten games, Jack Eichel has most consistently played with the same two linemates just 23% of the time, and those linemates are Girgensons and Foligno.

By contrast, Connor McDavid has had the same two linemates 84% of the time over his last ten games.

leftwinglock.com shows me that Artemi Panarin is with the same two linemates 80% of the time over the last ten games.

This is not good.

This is what happens when there are only two wingers on a roster.  

This is not good.

The difficult now is, do we hold out hope for one of the Finnish wingers in the top 5 of the draft, or does Murray address this elsewhere? Either in our own prospects or via other means. We'll see in a month based on how drastic our trade deadline moves are

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.