2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

Murray doesn't sound like he's selling an asset here...

"They feel that he's NHL ready, we think he needs time in the minors" - Murray on contract discussions with Grigorenko's camp.

It sure didn't.

I actually got a sense they whole concern over a one-way deal is a bit of a motivational tool.

Grigo won't clear waivers, so Murray is going to set it up like he "caved" on the one-way, putting the onus on Grigo to prove him self and maybe give him a confidence boost heading into camp.

It sure didn't.

I actually got a sense they whole concern over a one-way deal is a bit of a motivational tool.

Grigo won't clear waivers, so Murray is going to set it up like he "caved" on the one-way, putting the onus on Grigo to prove him self and maybe give him a confidence boost heading into camp.

That waiver thing is huge.  No way he goes to the A this season.

More Murray on Grigs:

"If he is what he thinks he is then he's in the NHL, but not in Buffalo." - Murray on the Grigorenko camp's assertion he's an NHL player.

Hoppe: Zac Dalpe won't be back. Sounds like Kevin Sundher likely won't, either.

Edited by Hoss

More Murray on Grigs:

"If he is what he thinks he is then he's in the NHL, but not in Buffalo." - Murray on the Grigorenko camp's assertion he's an NHL player.

Hoppe: Zac Dalpe won't be back. Sounds like Kevin Sundher likely won't, either.

That Murray quote was in the context of, if they give Grigorenko a two-way deal, and they try and send him down, and he is what he thinks he is, he'll get picked up by another team to play in the NHL.

Murray was explaining that if Grigorenko and his agent really believe he is ready for the NHL, there is no harm in signing a two-way deal as he couldn't end up in the A no matter what.

That Murray quote was in the context of, if they give Grigorenko a two-way deal, and they try and send him down, and he is what he thinks he is, he'll get picked up by another team to play in the NHL.

Murray was explaining that if Grigorenko and his agent really believe he is ready for the NHL, there is no harm in signing a two-way deal as he couldn't end up in the A no matter what.

Thats how I heard it.

The more I roll that over in my head, the more I take it as a challenge by Murray, perhaps even support.  It sounds like Murray will give him a chance but that Grigo has to hold up his end (which is really the way professional sports works anyway, right?)  It could still be a cultural thing where the reality of North American sports practice is sinking in to young Grigo.

The more I roll that over in my head, the more I take it as a challenge by Murray, perhaps even support.  It sounds like Murray will give him a chance but that Grigo has to hold up his end (which is really the way professional sports works anyway, right?)  It could still be a cultural thing where the reality of North American sports practice is sinking in to young Grigo.

Yep I think he's trying to push the right buttons to get this enigma motivated.

Yep I think he's trying to push the right buttons to get this enigma motivated.

If he isn't traded (and I don't think he will be), I think he'll be a Sabre. I have no problem with GMTM saying what he did. He should come in as a minor leaguer and hope to earn his spot. 2 way, one way, it hardly matters now. 

Might have been posted elsewhere but:

Still unclear if Grigorenko goes back to KHL, but CSKA is hoping to have him on board by the end of the month. Negotiations ongoing #Sabres

From a Russian reporter

I wonder if Grigo is concerned about his place on the Sabres. I.e. he is aware Reinhart and Eichel will be our 1/2 and that leaves his future as a third line centre

I wonder if Grigo is concerned about his place on the Sabres. I.e. he is aware Reinhart and Eichel will be our 1/2 and that leaves his future as a third line centre

To be honest if Grigorenko turns into our third line centre i'd be happy.   The future of this team should be to able to roll all 3 lines.

I have stated this before but a 3rd line of Foligno - Grigorenko - Girgensons would be awesome in 2 years.

To me that is a 3rd line filled with 30 - 40 point producers that will keep the pressure up on the top 6.

Edited by Heimdall

To be honest if Grigorenko turns into our third line centre i'd be happy.   The future of this team should be to able to roll all 3 lines.

I have stated this before but a 3rd line of Foligno - Grigorenko - Girgensons would be awesome in 2 years.

To me that is a 3rd line filled with 30 - 40 point producers that will keep the pressure up on the top 6.

But will Grigorenko be happy? And will he be able to keep up with the traditional defensive responsibilities of a 3rd line center? If this comes to pass, you have to consider trading Grigs for a true 3rd-line center plus something else. This is where coaches and GMs earn the big bucks.

But will Grigorenko be happy? And will he be able to keep up with the traditional defensive responsibilities of a 3rd line center? If this comes to pass, you have to consider trading Grigs for a true 3rd-line center plus something else. This is where coaches and GMs earn the big bucks.

I don't need a traditional 3rd line center.  Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov was a pretty non-traditional 3rd line that took advantage of personnel mismatches.  If our 4th line can pull checking duty this would work especially well.  Ditto if Reinhart can hold down solid two way play.,

I don't need a traditional 3rd line center.  Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov was a pretty non-traditional 3rd line that took advantage of personnel mismatches.  If our 4th line can pull checking duty this would work especially well.  Ditto if Reinhart can hold down solid two way play.,

I agree, but that line only really worked in the two years the NHL wasn't the NHL. Maybe you can do it with different personnel this time around, or maybe not.

I agree, but that line only really worked in the two years the NHL wasn't the NHL. Maybe you can do it with different personnel this time around, or maybe not.

That line was only together for those two years in that particular role. That whole Black Sunday thing forced that line to go from #3 to #1 overnight.

I wouldn't call Chicago's 3rd line a defensive line in the typical sense either.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.