Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

Technically sure. But I think we're bad enough where two teams overcoming 3 and 4 point leads to beat is for both 30th and 29th is exceptionally unlikely.

now you waffling!! before you were ensuring us that even one team passing us was exceptionally unlikely. I can't take this.

now you waffling!! before you were ensuring us that even one team passing us was exceptionally unlikely. I can't take this.

Well, I didn't expect a Yandle deal to actually get done! OMG WE'RE BUFFALO AND WE'RE GOIN TO BLOW IT CUZ BUFFALO!!

Really though, I was just responding to Carp. I do think we finish the job. Worst team, will be the worst team after UFAs get moved, bad coaching, and a road-heavy schedule. I mean, we made Florida look like Chicago.

And if we do end up picking 3rd or 4th, I'm still happy with the results of the tank. Risto, Reinhart, Hanidin/Strome/Marner still sets us up beautifully. And with the lottery changes, I still expect us to be bad enough next year to have a decent shot at another top-5 pick.

I can't wait to hear anti-tankers now claiming that pro-tankers want Murray fired if the tank isn't successful... So excited for that.

Why?  I mean, can't you just drop it?  There are different approaches to dealing with this teams abysmal season, just let everyone handle it their own way.

vlad and d4rk have it right.  We'll finish where we finish and GMTM will maximize the return. 

Important to remember that however you want it to end, you have no effect on the outcome.  Just watch and learn.  And don't get your panties in a knot.

vlad and d4rk have it right.  We'll finish where we finish and GMTM will maximize the return. 

Important to remember that however you want it to end, you have no effect on the outcome.  Just watch and learn.  And don't get your panties in a knot.

I just like the idea that GMTM needs to do something to ensure we finish last. Newflash: he doesn't give a sh*t. If GMTM is sitting in his office thinking "okay, gotta bottom these guys out at all costs", then he should be fired. 

He'll get what he can get to make the team better for next season and we'll draft wherever those moves put us. 

vlad and d4rk have it right. We'll finish where we finish and GMTM will maximize the return.

Important to remember that however you want it to end, you have no effect on the outcome. Just watch and learn. And don't get your panties in a knot.

Obviously we don't have any influence on what happens. Still doesn't mean ppl can't freak out when were this close to getting a potential franchise player and are worried about losing it at the end.

I just like the idea that GMTM needs to do something to ensure we finish last. Newflash: he doesn't give a sh*t. If GMTM is sitting in his office thinking "okay, gotta bottom these guys out at all costs", then he should be fired.

I doubt that it's at any cost, but I would bet that it is a factor.

Obviously we don't have any influence on what happens. Still doesn't mean ppl can't freak out when were this close to getting a potential franchise player and are worried about losing it at the end.

Yeah but I'm quickly tiring of the histrionics. 

He'll get what he can get to make the team better for next season and we'll draft wherever those moves put us.

Do me a favor guys, go to the website called YouTube.com and type in CONNOR MCDAVID.

Part of me thinks you want to finish last just so you can keep bitching about Buffalo sports doing what they do :P

On a serious note, we're basically locked into drafting 3rd overall in the absolute worst case scenario.

Not at all, I'm as confident as ever. Just thought I'd try some reasoning that may appeal to people more than the underlying numbers :)

This isn't some weird performance art.  I do think we're going to blow this.  Trying to finish dead last with good goaltending was always a fool's errand, and Arizona/Edmonton play in the West.  Edmonton is more dysfunctional and Arizona is executing a fire sale beyond anything we're going to do in the next 24 hours.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.

But I like my panties in knots! Don't knot until you tank it....

Or something like that Lol

It's tough for sports (or anything) to make you happy if it can't also make you unhappy.

And there is no reason to believe that TM hasn't already let Stewart know where he'd fit into the LT plans. The chance for stability and being part of a from the ground - building up team after a chance to play some meaningful games might be appealing to him. It was for Moulson and McCormick.Doubt that if he does see a future for himself in Buffalo that the 2 month vacation would sour him on it. Can definitely see a better than 50% chance that he and Neuvirth could both be back in July after leaving in March.

It's his first shot at UFA. I think he's gonna see what it's all about. That said, if it's gonna be an easy sell, no reason the extension can't get inked tomorrow. If he won't sign tomorrow, it's not an easy sell.

Not sure if someone already mentioned it, but he was quoted in a WGR550 article today as saying he'd consider returning in the offseason a la Moulson and McCormick. His kids were born here and there has to be some appeal to not having to uproot his family again.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/21041537.php

This isn't some weird performance art. I do think we're going to blow this. Trying to finish dead last with good goaltending was always a fool's errand, and Arizona/Edmonton play in the West. Edmonton is more dysfunctional and Arizona is executing a fire sale beyond anything we're going to do in the next 24 hours.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I know, I was joking. Look on the bright side: during the 10/13 winning streak, you didn't even think we'd be top-5, and that's locked in barring a disaster even Buffalo sports isn't capable of.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.