Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

Have the Yotes basically locked themselves 30th? Losing Yandle and Vermette can only help them. OEL limping off the ice too

May very well come down to the two head-to-head games.  If we win both in regulation, then all-else-equal (i.e., the other 17 games), our lead would be down to the ROW tie-breaker only (currently 16 vs. 12.)  As I said in another thread, if Neuvirth starts either, then somebody should be fired.

May very well come down to the two head-to-head games.  If we win both in regulation, then all-else-equal (i.e., the other 17 games), our lead would be down to the ROW tie-breaker only (currently 16 vs. 12.)  As I said in another thread, if Neuvirth starts either, then somebody should be fired.

Problem I said with Arizona since the beginning of the season is they lack any offense. Being in the Western Conference doesn't help Buffalo at all. Plus you throw in the injury to Boedker and it isn't looking so good for us anymore.

Like I said before it's probably Karma that Darcy is going to come back and make us pay! Murray needs to work those phones and get some deals done. I just think without adding pieces to any of these UFA's the return isn't going to be that great. We shall see.

Finishing last is all the return we need this season.

If we keep Neuvirth, pretty much a 0% chance we finish last. And even trading him may not be enough anymore.

Full deal from Dreger:

So complete deal Yandle and Summers and a 4th for Duclair, Moore a 1st (2016) and a 2nd in 2015. Yotes retain 50% of Yandle's salary.

Duclair is a nice player. Him and Domi will be good together.

Trade Neuvirth and start Lindback and hope he sucks

Have the Yotes basically locked themselves 30th? Losing Yandle and Vermette can only help them. OEL limping off the ice too

Come on you guys, what happened to this year's Sabres being "historically bad?"   :P

And if that is the price for a first-pairing defenceman with a year left to UFA, then I guess Bailey, Weber, NYI second and next year's first is a good starting point in the O'Reilly negotiations.

Remember when the Sabres tried to belatedly tank only to have a bunch of kids hustle their way to some luck and put of last place? No reason this can't happen to Arizona...who standings be dammed was still quite a bit better than us until they traded Vermette and Yandle.

Et Tu Blue?

Finishing last is all the return we need this season.

If we keep Neuvirth, pretty much a 0% chance we finish last. And even trading him may not be enough anymore.

Part of me thinks you want to finish last just so you can keep bitching about Buffalo sports doing what they do :p

On a serious note, we're basically locked into drafting 3rd overall in the absolute worst case scenario.

Et Tu Blue?

Not at all, I'm as confident as ever. Just thought I'd try some reasoning that may appeal to people more than the underlying numbers :)

Yea... I will take the Bogosian/Kane deal over that pile. 

Problem I said with Arizona since the beginning of the season is they lack any offense. Being in the Western Conference doesn't help Buffalo at all. Plus you throw in the injury to Boedker and it isn't looking so good for us anymore.

Yea but our Injury to Girgensons is going to have no impact...

We are a worse team than Phoenix still. 

On a serious note, we're basically locked into drafting 3rd overall in the absolute worst case scenario.

No, we could easily finish above Edmonton and Arizona, and then there is a better than 50-50 chance (1-0.2-0.135-0.115 = 0.55) that we pick 4th .

Edited by carpandean

I want to see Murray fired if we don't finish last. He better have something up his sleeve, and he better be ready to make it happen in the next 22 hours. Good job people of Buffalo, couldn't yandle(haha) all the suffering, had to have darcys head. ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW???

By the way, Sabres went 2-15-2 over their final 19 last year.  Do that again and we'd only need Arizona to pick up 2 points and Edmonton to pick up 3 points to finish last again.

Edit: Oilers might need 4 if both our wins are ROWs.

Edited by carpandean

I want to see Murray fired if we don't finish last. He better have something up his sleeve, and he better be ready to make it happen in the next 22 hours. Good job people of Buffalo, couldn't yandle(haha) all the suffering, had to have darcys head. ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW???

I don't know if I would go so far on wanting Murray Fired but I don't think you will see significant returns on any of our UFA's!

I don't know if I would go so far on wanting Murray Fired but I don't think you will see significant returns on any of our UFA's!

The race should not have been anywhere near this close, and that is my problem. I'm confident in our ability to everything up, but does that mean we will up finishing last too?

No, we could easily finish above Edmonton and Arizona, and then there is a better than 50-50 chance (1-0.2-0.135-0.115 = 0.55) that we pick 4th .

Technically sure. But I think we're bad enough where two teams overcoming 3 and 4 point leads to beat is for both 30th and 29th is exceptionally unlikely.

The race should not have been anywhere near this close, and that is my problem. I'm confident in our ability to ###### everything up, but does that mean we will ###### up finishing last too?

Possibly those meaningless wins put Arizona and Edmonton right back into the mix. Those 2 games against Arizona will be huge. I sure hope Murray gets these UFA's out of town tonight or by the deadline. Darcy is coming back to haunt us if they finish last. We just can't get rid of that loser.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Possibly those meaningless wins put Arizona and Edmonton right back into the mix. Those 2 games against Arizona will be huge. I sure hope Murray gets these UFA's out of town tonight or by the deadline. Darcy is coming back to haunt us if they finish last. We just can't get rid of that loser.

Yup, at least we can watch the trade deadline with some enthusiasm now. Funny how 2 franchise players will make you want to lose, and not really care if you get robbed in trades. I can't wait for this gongshow to be over so we can all remember what hockey is all about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.