Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

Stewart will be dealt. We'll still get a decent deal for him. But I don't think he has the value some of us think he does. He was terrible for most of the season and has only excelled recently on a consistent basis. Team don't know which Stewart they're getting.

Mitchell will just be basically a favor for a contender looking to add a bottom six guy. Fourth at best I assume.

Neuvirth is the only big question. I legitimately have no clue what's going to happen with him, but I don't get the feeling there's even a small market for him. Murray might have to give him away.

They have picks, I'd rather keep the 6' 2" 230 lb bull to hammer the D down low on the fore-check.  

He has absolutely no incentive to sign before 7/1. We're not going to offer him 8 years, which is the only advantage of having him on the roster for the next 5 months.

He has absolutely no incentive to sign before 7/1. We're not going to offer him 8 years, which is the only advantage of having him on the roster for the next 5 months.

I disagree. I think getting Stewart to sign is an easy sell. He's facing the prospect of being with five teams before he's 28 years old. I think offering some stability would go a long way. 

I like Stewart's skill and his ability to chuck 'em, but the idea that he is a good forechecker is a myth and his defensive game is only saved from being worst on the team by Hodgson.

I'm open to re-signing him to protect McEichel, but I will be pissed if they don't trade him first.

Edited by Djuda Chekhov

I disagree. I think getting Stewart to sign is an easy sell. He's facing the prospect of being with five teams before he's 28 years old. I think offering some stability would go a long way.

And there is no reason to believe that TM hasn't already let Stewart know where he'd fit into the LT plans. The chance for stability and being part of a from the ground - building up team after a chance to play some meaningful games might be appealing to him. It was for Moulson and McCormick.

Doubt that if he does see a future for himself in Buffalo that the 2 month vacation would sour him on it. Can definitely see a better than 50% chance that he and Neuvirth could both be back in July after leaving in March.

Yandle to the Rangers... details will filter in as the evening goes on.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  55s

Awaiting details on Yandle to NYR trade (pending trade call) but ARI believed to be picking up 50 per cent of Yandle's money.

Key components likely to be going the other way are Anthony Duclair and draft picks, incl a 1st round pick. #TradeCentre.

Yandle to the Rangers... details will filter in as the evening goes on.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie  55s

Awaiting details on Yandle to NYR trade (pending trade call) but ARI believed to be picking up 50 per cent of Yandle's money.

Key components likely to be going the other way are Anthony Duclair and draft picks, incl a 1st round pick. #TradeCentre.

Domi and Duclair together again. Reinhart to follow?  :ph34r:

It's his first shot at UFA. I think he's gonna see what it's all about. That said, if it's gonna be an easy sell, no reason the extension can't get inked tomorrow. If he won't sign tomorrow, it's not an easy sell.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.