Trade Deadline 2015 (March 2nd, 3 p.m.)

Hoss

You are assuming two things which I think are wrong.

1) That Vermette had the same value to Boston, as not only Chicago but also Stewart

2) That Stewart's value hasn't changed since most players are no longer on the board anymore to be traded.

Stewart is now the best rental forward on the market, if Boston doesn't acquire Atkinson I could see them having to pay our price

I would offer Boston Stewart 50% + 2nd (2015 BUF) + 2nd (2016) for 1st (2015 UNPROTECTED) + Subban

If they want more toss in a prospect like Catenacci

That's not getting it done. Boston refused to include their first for Vermette... So that package might land their first but not Subban AND their first. Make it that plus the later first we have left and it might be there.

Boston doesn't need to move anyone. They can still make the playoffs with that team. They have been hurt by injuries all year but I still believe they have enough talent to get in.

They aren't moving guys to simply make the playoffs, this is probably their last cup shot for a bit. 

That's not getting it done. Boston refused to include their first for Vermette... So that package might land their first but not Subban AND their first. Make it that plus the later first we have left and it might be there.

Murray will want to keep the lower 1st we have and package it with Zadorov and Grigorenko to make a play at O'Reilly

Tough to say, let's say Boston wins the cup, that first they gave us would be 1 pick beforethe 2nd we gave them(assuming the tank pulls through), so it would basically be Stewart and a 2nd for Subban. Considering what goalies have been going for that would be a decent offer. However that's a lot of ifs.

Murray will want to keep the lower 1st we have and package it with Zadorov and Grigorenko to make a play at O'Reilly

Recently read an article saying Sakic intended on extending O'Reilly this summer, that's no guarantee though. I would like to hang onto that 1st though, this is a deep draft year

I chose to work from home tomorrow. :)

That said.. fire Tim Murray, he sucks.  This whole thing is a joke and the Sabres will be horrible forever.  Abysmal.  Horrendous.  I hate them.

Oh.. wait.. the sun'll come out tomorrow.

Zona plays 9 of their next 10 at home. Buffalo plays only 4 hone games in March.

Zona still has Gagner, Doan, OEL, and Hanzal on their roster. Yandel was a defensive liability, he scored some, but is a -32. I don't think their moves thus far are going to make them significantly worse, let alone worse than the lineup Buffalo may have.

Isn't this true for every team?

Besides Stewart and Nievirth I don't expect anything from any of the other UFA's. I'm just saying these guys aren't making other teams jump out of their boots to acquire either one. You have a former 20 goal scorer who for the most part wasn't using his size to his advantage and part of the reason why he fell into Nolans Doghouse. And then Nievirth really hasn't come into his own until Enroth was moved. I'm not expecting much.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.