qwksndmonster

It's a different kind of rush to have a perfectly labeled folder full of movies and tv shows.

As for games, sticking to physical copies is a good idea. It's only a matter of time before all companies are selling you the right to play their game until they shut their servers off.

And that is what would drive me away from gaming. There are times I'll play a game I haven't touched in months and even years. Always want the ability to do that. Especially since I paid x amount of money for it. If people that play games show little protest to servers being shutdown, the companies will go that route. 

Edited by GoPre

Balance of convenience I suppose...

My downloaded xbox games can be played on both my upstairs and downstairs Xbox at the same time.  I can't do that with a physical disc.  This is great when my son wants to play NHL with his friends and I am playing online too. It would never happen often enough to warrant purchasing a second copy of the game.

Games are moving more and more to using cloud compute clusters for their content and processing power. It's not long before many games have an always on component to them.

I can't remember the last physical game I bought. Dragon Age Origins maybe? Hell, I have a few games on disc that I purchased digital copies of for the express purpose of not needing to keep the disc laying around. If at some point Steam goes under and I lose everything, well, I almost never re-play any games anyway. Give me digital or give me death!

So. Pokemon Go is awesome. Been on 5 mile walks with my whole family every night for 3 days.

I'm not playing it too much, but I admit I find it entertaining for nostalgia reasons. I'm 100% in its target demographic as an under-30.

I think it's neat to see places that are usually devoid of pedestrians full up. The cemetery near me is a gym and two Pokestops. People riding bikes through it to get to the park nearby. Kinda neat.

I'm not playing it too much, but I admit I find it entertaining for nostalgia reasons. I'm 100% in its target demographic as an under-30.

I think it's neat to see places that are usually devoid of pedestrians full up. The cemetery near me is a gym and two Pokestops. People riding bikes through it to get to the park nearby. Kinda neat.

Canandaigua, this time of year, is usually full of pedestrian tourists. Right now, there is holiday level foot traffic downtown (3 gyms and 11 pokestops). Lots of people looking at their phones, but almost everyone is traveling in groups, walking and having fun, and interacting IRL with other groups. That's probably the most noticeable change: there are always lots of people walking around, but now they're talking to each other. Living right smack in the middle of downtown, this is really cool to see.

It's an enjoyable little game for me when it works and when I have time.

Working in video games, my coworkers are taking it VERY seriously. As in... I don't think anyone is getting work done. Our office happens to be a gym, there's another gym across the street, and 3 pokestops within a moment's walk. The MAG is about another 15 pokestops and another gym. If something rare pops up nearby, someone yells it out, the entire office stops and catches it. 

Two of my coworkers have pokemon that are over 3500 CP. 

Obsessed. 

To their credit, they're walking about 10 miles a day... seriously, they do nothing else but play that game. It's astonishing and even a little offputting...?

Pokemon came about when I was at an age where all I cared about was girls, and as such, I just don't get it!! I remember collecting X-Men, and Magic cards(but I still don't actually know how to play the game Magic:The Gathering) in elementary school, but the second I got to middle school we all(my friends and I) decided we needed to be ladies men(OK, boys) and none of those cards ever saw the light of day again.

My kid and his friends are mildly obsessed with Pokemon. Although, I feel their obsession with call of duty and Minecraft is a bit stronger.

It's an enjoyable little game for me when it works and when I have time.

Working in video games, my coworkers are taking it VERY seriously. As in... I don't think anyone is getting work done. Our office happens to be a gym, there's another gym across the street, and 3 pokestops within a moment's walk. The MAG is about another 15 pokestops and another gym. If something rare pops up nearby, someone yells it out, the entire office stops and catches it. 

Two of my coworkers have pokemon that are over 3500 CP. 

Obsessed. 

To their credit, they're walking about 10 miles a day... seriously, they do nothing else but play that game. It's astonishing and even a little offputting...?

That's silly to walk that much. Just put the phone on a turntable or tie it to a ceiling fan to get the "miles" in. :flirt:

Spoke to my father about the Pokemon thing last night.

He said when he was younger and wanted to just wander around looking for fictitious things he would just drop acid. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :o

Can't tell if that is the most awesome response to Pokemon go or we should be worried about your dad...  :unsure:

2 people walked off a cliff in California while playing Pokemon Go. Other accidents have also occurred. A guy even hit a tree while driving his car! He was playing the game while driving. The idea of the game is awesome. But after hearing reports of people crossing highways to catch a monster or whatever they're called is crazy. That is how a teenage girl got hit by a car. For people w/ common sense I think the game is great idea. But for those that don't think before they act should find a different game to play.

Who the ###### dies of dysentery while playing OT? At least have the courage to drown in a river along with your entire party!

Or get run over by a wild buffalo while hunting. Some people have no work ethic. Probably a bunch of kale eating Bernie Sanders supporters waiting for a whole foods to be built rather than pulling themselves up by their boot straps and working for a living.

Edited by Drunkard

• 3 weeks later...

Still aways off, but how many here plan on buying NHL 17? Maybe we can get some type of league or team set up.

I'm still on PS3. I haven't had a reason to get ps4 yet. I probably won't do it until MLB The Show stops making the game for ps3 and makes me get a psycho.

I feel like the NHL series has completely stopped progressing. I used to buy it every single year. I think I've played it out.