qwksndmonster

2db.png

And it's working. Nintendo is at or very close to the PS4's launch numbers. PS4 ranks in top 5 of all time. W/ the early success 3rd party companies are jumping on board. Post launch announcements have been made about what games are now being made. If the support continues, the Switch will be a very successful console and one heck of a rebound for Nintendo.

Edited by GoPre

And it's working. Nintendo is at or very close to the PS4's launch numbers. PS4 ranks in top 5 of all time. W/ the early success 3rd party companies are jumping on board. Post launch announcements have been made about what games are now being made. If the support continues, the Switch will be a very successful console and one heck of a rebound for Nintendo.

They probably won't stay with PS4 numbers but its still pretty good.............The other problem with Nintendo console numbers including the Wii which sold like hot cakes is that people don't buy a lot of games for the console, partly because they have far less choices.............Nintendo games are either super awesome like the New Zelda or really mediocre.

The other problem with Nintendo console numbers including the Wii which sold like hot cakes is that people don't buy a lot of games for the console, partly because they have far less choices.............

The Wii sold 917 million games.  Criticize it for the quality of games, sure, but it sold plenty.

Simply for the fun of it, what do you think are the 15 best video games ever made?  Here's my list.  In no particular order.  

Legend of Zelda Link to the Past

Last of Us

Metroid Prime

Halo

Chrono Trigger

Metal Gear Solid 3

Skyrim

Fallout 3

NHL 94

Mega Man 2

Secret of Mana

Mass Effect

Uncharted 2

Super Mario 64

Final Fantasy 7

That's a tough question.  Chrono Trigger and A Link to the Past would absolutely be on my list.

I'd put Fallout New Vegas over 3, Final Fantasy 6 over 7, and perhaps Oblivion over Skyrim (excluding mods).  I love SM64 and would have to have a Mario game on my list, but SMW or SMB3 are also considerations.

I've never played Mass Effect or Last of Us, but I plan on getting to both at some point.  Never played Metroid Prime either, but I'm not sure I would like it.

Not a fan of Halo.  I got it free with an ATI graphics card I bought back in 2003 and I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Uncharted 2 is my favorite in the series (haven't played 4 yet), but I hate the shooting in that series enough to keep it off my list.

I don't know what I'd add to my list.  Probably a Civilization game, a Valve game (Portal or HL2 most likely), maybe a Rare game (DK64 perhaps? Conker's Bad Fur Day?).

I also love Psychonauts (which is currently on sale for $1 at https://www.gog.com/game/psychonauts), though top 15?  Tough!

I've played many point-and-click adventures, so I should probably add the grand daddy Myst.

If I go based on my personal time spent, then I'd have to include World of Warcraft and Minecraft, the two great behemoths in that regard for me. 

I don't know.  I don't think I can come down to 15 games.  There are too many!

It is next to impossible to pick a top 15. Many incredibles were left off of mine. I'm into almost all types of gaming. But for some reason I just can't get into Minecraft. There's no true enough objective. Feel like Im playing in a sandbox....

Simply for the fun of it, what do you think are the 15 best video games ever made? Here's my list. In no particular order.

Legend of Zelda Link to the Past

Last of Us

Metroid Prime

Halo

Chrono Trigger

Metal Gear Solid 3

Skyrim

Fallout 3

NHL 94

Mega Man 2

Secret of Mana

Mass Effect

Uncharted 2

Super Mario 64

Final Fantasy 7

Not a PC gamer, I take it?

No I didn't (for a few reasons: Tim Schafer/Double Fine has not shown discipline with crowdfunding in the past (see Broken Age), I dislike the model of consumers bearing all of the risk of investing with none of the benefits that VCs would have, Tim Schafer decided to create a new platform, Fig, instead of using existing ones such as Kickstarter).

That said, it's absolutely one of my most anticipated games right now.  If it can come close to living up to the original, I'll be very happy.

Trailer, not actual game footage, for Star Wars Battlefront 2. This Battlefront will have a single player campaign. Many, including myself, were frustrated Battlefront 1 did not have that. Have hopes this will meet the expectations many had for Battlefront 1. Really enjoyed the originals....

Edited by GoPre

It's hard for me to put these in any order so I'll just list them:

Elder Scroll Series(PC modded versions)

Mass Effect Series

Witcher Series

Dragon Age series

Pillars of Eternity

Betrayal at Krondor(one of the original beautifully designed graphics role-playing game)

Ultima Series(back in the day was amazingly complex for its time)

Football Manager

Out of the Park Baseball series

Hit man Revolution

Edited by matter2003

KOTOR 1 and 2, Splatterhouse 3, NHL 94, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (ps1), UFC 2, 1080, Waverace, Super Mario World, Goldeneye, Killer Instinct, Joe and Mac, Lethal Enforcers, Super Street Fighter 2, Road Rash 3.

Almost forgot, both of the Time Splitters.

And proud of it.  :nana:

Never really gave PC a try.  Quite sure it's just as good as the console.  Pros and cons for each.  Probably just comes down to what type of games you are in to.  

I could tell. Know how? Nobody who has played PC shooters would name Halo as a top-15 game of all time :p

I always struggle with these lists because it's hard to rank most influential versus best. Like, a lot of games that launched entire genres...have NOT aged well. Anyway, in no order:

Baldur's Gate II (greatest RPG ever made)

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Zelda: Link to the Past

Chrono Trigger

FFVI (7 lovers can suck it. 6 > 7)

Mario 3

Mario 64

Quake 3 (I know...I know...but for my money, it's the best competitive shooter ever made)

Battlefield 2

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Starcraft

Deux Ex

Civilization...3 or 4

System Shock 2

The Witcher 3

Honorable mention: The Worms franchise. Dear lord did I love these games at LAN parties.

Let's see what I can think of here.  It is hard to say what the overall best games are... but I can certainly list my favorites over time.

NHL 93 - there was no end to the amount of time spent on a college dorm room playing that game on Sega Genesis.

Bard's Tale - I played so much of that on my Apple //c.

Age of Empires - the original from Microsoft was so much fun.

Borderlands 2 - I shudder to think how much of my life has been spent playing that game.

Battlefield 2: Bad Company - just an all around exceptional game in single player and multiplayer.

Diablo III - I would have listed the original Diablo but the 640x480 resolution was past its prime when it launched...

Half-Life 2 - the crowbar!

Doom - the original is the best.

Ultima 4 - Iolo the Bard.

Counter-Strike - the early days.. oh I played that game.

Team Fortress 2

King's Quest - I played them all but probably 3 the most.

I could probably throw in a few others here or there but that's about it.  The games that really occupied my time more than anything.

In no particular order.

GoldenEye

Ocarina of Time

Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest

Super Mario World

Doom

Wolfenstein

Mario Kart 64

NHL '93 and '94

MLB The Show

NCAA College Football

NCAA College Basketball