qwksndmonster

This hasn't been true for a while. Both current gen consoles launched with profit margins, albeit slim. You have to go back to 2009 for the PS3, and I believe 2007 for the Xbox 360 to find the last time either of them lost money on a console.

Nintendo, actually, is the most recent company to sell at a loss, with the WiiU.

Will not lie, I'm surprised. I figured PS4 and X1 would be profitable by now, never thought they were at launch. The Wii U loss was mostly due to the controller, right?

Will not lie, I'm surprised. I figured PS4 and X1 would be profitable by now, never thought they were at launch. The Wii U loss was mostly due to the controller, right?

In my opinion, it was Nintendo's poor marketing for the Wii U. When released, many were unaware it was Nintendo's next gen console. People were under the assumption it was an updated Wii. Had Nintendo gone w/ a different a different name and put more into advertisement it's possible the Wii U could have been a success.

Let me add I enjoyed the Wii U.

Edited by GoPre

Felt it was more do to lack of games/third party support.  Through the first 2 years there was next to nothing to play on the Wii U.  The Switch is off to a record or very close to it for a console launch.  W/ the early success third parties left and right are now announcing games they plan to develop for the Switch.  Hope it continues.... Just wouldn't rule the controller as the reason the Wii U was a bust.    

Felt it was more do to lack of games/third party support. Through the first 2 years there was next to nothing to play on the Wii U. The Switch is off to a record or very close to it for a console launch. W/ the early success third parties left and right are now announcing games they plan to develop for the Switch. Hope it continues.... Just wouldn't rule the controller as the reason the Wii U was a bust.

I was simply saying the manufacturing cost of the controller was why Nintendo had to sell the Wii U at a loss, not that the controller caused the platform to flop.

I was simply saying the manufacturing cost of the controller was why Nintendo had to sell the Wii U at a loss, not that the controller caused the platform to flop.

Good point. Didn't think about that. Heard if a person's gamepad crashed it was more cost efficient to pick up a new Wii U. Gamepads weren't sold in stores. So almost had to really. Unless willing to go w/ Amazon or eBay.

so.. how good or bad is the new mass effect?

I've read multiple reviews saying it is basically dogshite and should not be associated with the series. That said i haven't played it and was a huge ME fan of the original trilogy.

If it really does suck that makes me a sad panda. :(

I'm a huge fan of the original three Mass Effect games.  I'm about two hours into this one and I am enjoying it.  Combat is excellent.  The story is decent so far.   The gripes about facial expressions and some animations are real ... but the game is good so far still.

I'm a huge fan of the original three Mass Effect games.  I'm about two hours into this one and I am enjoying it.  Combat is excellent.  The story is decent so far.   The gripes about facial expressions and some animations are real ... but the game is good so far still.

I ignore reviews.  Only review I care about is my own.  If there's a game or series I'm attached to, I want to play it.  I want to buy it.  The trilogy was incredible.  Yes, the ending was.....meh.  But it was all still a must play and one heck of an experience to have.  Soon enough I'll pick up the latest ME.  Already can't wait.  Just need to finish REVII first.  Almost there.

I'm playing some Be a Pro mode on NHL 15, and was losing 6-0 in the first period. The coach wouldn't pull Miller despite him allowing 6 goals on 7 shots so I quit, and the game simulated...to a 27-23 victory. WTF.

In the simulation my backup allowed 16 goals on 16 shots. Is my game broken?

Edited by Randall Flagg

I'm playing some Be a Pro mode on NHL 15, and was losing 6-0 in the first period. The coach wouldn't pull Miller despite him allowing 6 goals on 7 shots so I quit, and the game simulated...to a 27-23 victory. WTF.

In the simulation my backup allowed 16 goals on 16 shots. Is my game broken?

Did you accidentally switch NHL 15 with the disc for NFL (Madden) 16? That's the only logical answer.

Seeing as the highest scoring game only amounted to 21 total goals, yes it's broken. https://www.thoughtco.com/highest-scoring-game-in-nhl-history-2778753

The most goals scored by one team in an NHL game was 16. The Montreal Canadiens defeated the Quebec Bulldogs 16-3 on March 3, 1920.

In the same season, Montreal helped set the record for most goals scored by two teams in a single game. The Canadiens and Toronto St. Patrick's combined for 21 goals on January 10, 1920, with Montreal winning 14-7.

The Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks tied the record on December 11, 1985. The Oilers won 12-9.

I ignore reviews. Only review I care about is my own. If there's a game or series I'm attached to, I want to play it. I want to buy it. The trilogy was incredible. Yes, the ending was.....meh. But it was all still a must play and one heck of an experience to have. Soon enough I'll pick up the latest ME. Already can't wait. Just need to finish REVII first. Almost there.

ME3 was an abomination, and it wasn't just the ending. The way sidequests were found (Lul random conversation as a passerby), to the "exploration," the lack of impact from previous games, and the lack of any kind of urgency. Such a letdown after the first two.

I grabbed Assassin's Creed: Black Flag recently. I hadn't played any of the series since #2 came out, so it was fun to revisit it. Its the pirate one, so you spend some time at sea, sometime on land. AC1 and 2 got monotonous for me at some point because, as much fun as climbing around killing dudes is, when you do it 4000 times it can get boring, so the sea battles and travel break it up and are fun in their own right. Good stuff.

I grabbed Assassin's Creed: Black Flag recently. I hadn't played any of the series since #2 came out, so it was fun to revisit it. Its the pirate one, so you spend some time at sea, sometime on land. AC1 and 2 got monotonous for me at some point because, as much fun as climbing around killing dudes is, when you do it 4000 times it can get boring, so the sea battles and travel break it up and are fun in their own right. Good stuff.

that game was worth it for the sea shanties alone

Got my hands on a Switch after Gamestop got a random shipment of 5 in. Got a tip off from a buddy who used to work at one. Zelda is fantastic, one of the best games I've played in years.

There were a few, literally lasted about 20 minutes while I was there, at a Gamestop I was browsing a few days ago. Was amazing how fast they went.