qwksndmonster

I've been playing Dark Souls lately. So hard, but so fun. This is how I wanted the combat to work when I tried and failed to get into Skyrim.

Agreed. Similar thing happened to me with Bloodborne and Witcher 3. Bloodborne is so fast a fluid, Witcher just felt so clunky by comparison. I was in the closed beta for Dark Souls 3 and it's the perfect balance between BB and DS. I can't wait.

Man, you flew through that. If you liked Dark Souls, go for Bloodborne if you have a PS4. Same company and type of game. For anyone into these type of games, it's a must play. Been out a good bit now. Price is probably low. 

I don't have a PS4.  I'm planning on getting one at the end of April when Uncharted 4 comes out, and Bloodborne is definitely on my list.

Know we have a few Legend of Zelda fans here at Sabrespace. Have to say I'm going to pick this up. Didn't play the original version, so w/ it being HD and a "new" Zelda for me it's a must buy. Have any of you played the original? 

• 3 weeks later...

Sony is currently planning a new version of the PS4 with increased graphical power and games running at 4K resolution, developer sources tell Kotaku.

We don’t know whether current PS4 owners will be able to upgrade or if they’ll have to buy an entirely new device to benefit from this power boost, but from what we hear, Sony has started briefing developers.

Based on conversations with developers who have spoken with Sony, this ‘PS4.5’ will include an upgraded GPU both to support high-end 4K resolution for games and add more processing power that can enhance the games supported by PlayStation VR, the headset Sony will launch this fall. It’s unclear if ‘PS4.5’ is an official name or just a nickname that developers have been using. One developer jokingly called it the ‘PS4K’ while telling me about the device.

In layman’s terms, 4K resolution is around twice the pixel size of 1080p, which is the current standard for games on PlayStation 4 and competing consoles. The current PS4 can output 4K photos and videos, but cannot support 4K resolutions for games. With this upgrade, it would. Besides resolution, developers would have an opportunity to push more effects and other graphical tweaks to make their games look better, thanks to the new GPU.

This would make me mad. Have only had a PS4 for a little over a year.  :wallbash:

Edited by GoPre

Pfffffft, PS4 isn't even running at true 1080p, half the games are upscale from a lower resolution. And they're going to crap out an update, not even a fully new console, capable of 4k? I've got an island worth tens of millions to sell...

If they release a 4k console, it'll be as much 4k capable as 120Hz TVs are capable of a true 120Hz.

Pfffffft, PS4 isn't even running at true 1080p, half the games are upscale from a lower resolution. And they're going to crap out an update, not even a fully new console, capable of 4k? I've got an island worth tens of millions to sell...

If they release a 4k console, it'll be as much 4k capable as 120Hz TVs are capable of a true 120Hz.

That is correct. What bothers me is the PS4 hasn't been out long, and to bring out a "new" system so fast would have Microsoft very happy. I'm sure many PS4 owners would jump ship. This isn't something Sony has done before. The life spans of their previous systems have been rather long. Each owner got their money's worth. Rather surprised w/ what Sony may be doing. 

That is correct. What bothers me is the PS4 hasn't been out long, and to bring out a "new" system so fast would have Microsoft very happy. I'm sure many PS4 owners would jump ship. This isn't something Sony has done before. The life spans of their previous systems have been rather long. Each owner got their money's worth. Rather surprised w/ what Sony may be doing. 

Yea, I get that. My guess is developers will still cater to the largest install base, and just tack on a "4k" option for users with the new system much like how devs tack on PC options for console ports. I'd be utterly shocked if devs started developing exclusively for the new system. 

CONSOLES ARE THE DEVIL!!!

Dark Souls is still entertaining me. Just got Rickard's Rapier.

I knew I liked you.

For the Dark Souls fans here.......PSN has a game that just came out called Salt and Sanctuary its a 2D game that is a cross between Dark Souls and Castlevania Symphony of the Night.......The games is 15.99 to download.......The game is hard but a lot of fun

• 1 month later...

Nintendo NX and Legend of Zelda delayed. Not bothered w/ the NX being delayed. I don't buy systems when they first come out. Usually there's a small library and a higher failure rate. As for Zelda being delayed again? I'm disappointed w/ that. Nintendo got many fans of the series excited w/ the trailer released in 2014. Made it seem as if the game was about to come out. Now, it's looking like it'll be a release for the Wii U and NX.

Anyone playing Overwatch yet? A lot of my coworkers are lovin' the open beta, and I think it will be the catalyst that brings me to actually buy a console for the first time in twenty years. 

Installing it now, upon learning that there's an open beta.  I loved TF2, so I'm willing to give a blizzard TF2 knockoff a try.

Buying a console? Noooooooooooo. Build a PC!!

Installing it now, upon learning that there's an open beta.  I loved TF2, so I'm willing to give a blizzard TF2 knockoff a try.

Buying a console? Noooooooooooo. Build a PC!!

I ain't got time for that. Or space. Probably just getting a PS4, because FFVII remake. 

I ain't got time for that. Or space. Probably just getting a PS4, because FFVII remake.

I'm am excited about the remake, but the game is going to be released in x amount of installments. Must say I'm disappointed w/ that.

Played overwatch a bit last night. I really like learning online FPSes.

I don't think the game is good enough to hang onto me, though. It has about 1/16th the charm of TF2, and I didn't realize how absolutely correct I was about it being a knockoff.

The scout class where you can blink forward is my favorite. I don't care if I get lots of kills, as long as I'm fast and can escape danger I'm happy.

Played overwatch a bit last night. I really like learning online FPSes.

I don't think the game is good enough to hang onto me, though. It has about 1/16th the charm of TF2, and I didn't realize how absolutely correct I was about it being a knockoff.

The scout class where you can blink forward is my favorite. I don't care if I get lots of kills, as long as I'm fast and can escape danger I'm happy.

I'm just glad it's not yet another CoD or BF clone. I miss the more run-n-gun free movement Q3 style FPSs.

I'm just glad it's not yet another CoD or BF clone. I miss the more run-n-gun free movement Q3 style FPSs.

And it's Blizzard so you know the game got playtested into oblivion and is more polished than most games are after a few rounds of updates and bugfixes.

I don't trust Blizzard.