Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

That's exactly how I saw it, and I'm honestly surprised it seems to be the minority view. I didn't think it was ambiguous at all.

Yeah, when I watch the video it doesn't jive with what I'm reading here. Elbow directly to the head with follow-through, all I can think of when I see plays like that are players that have had their lives negatively impacted (and in extreme cases, ended) by brain injuries.

Obviously Sam appeared, for the most part, to be okay, but I guess I've been conditioned to think this way at this point with the lawsuits and almost daily presence in sports media discussion.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Yeah, when I watch the video it doesn't jive with what I'm reading here. Elbow directly to the head with follow-through, all I can think of when I see plays like that are players that have had their lives negatively impacted (and in extreme cases, ended) by brain injuries.

Obviously Sam appeared, for the most part, to be okay, but I guess I've been conditioned to think this way at this point with the lawsuits and almost daily presence in sports media discussion.

His arm is down at contact.  Any follow through with the arm does not make it a penalty.  He would have to lead with a raised elbow, which he did not do.

Elbowing - Elbowing shall mean the use of an extended elbow in a manner that may or may not cause injury.

Targeting the head is a different story with way too much gray area for me to dive into, but this one was in no way an elbow.

There shouldn't be a suspension on either hit. Weber got a penalty, no? Isn't that enough. It wasn't that bad a hit and you could say that he thought Ehlers was going to continue around the boards instead of turning back around.

Edited by SwampD

There shouldn't be a suspension on either hit. Weber got a penalty, no? Isn't that enough. It wasn't that bad a hit and you could say that he thought Ehlers was going to continue around the boards instead of turning back around.

Weber hit: borderline, I didn't take a really good look at it, but it did look like Ehlers turned his back on the hit (much like Ennis a few games ago). I could be convinced either way.

With the injuries to Kaner and Bogo it makes it even harder to analyze the trade. It'll take at least another year and does someone have to win a trade? Can't both clubs be better off for it. Chevy inherited bare cupboards. A fair amount of higher end draft picks don't pan out. It is a gamble whenever picks are involved in a trade. He thought that he needed more in the cupboards still.  Chevy's draft prospects are starting to become 3 and 4 year after the draft players.....Scheif, Trouba, Lowry, are playing with the big team. The only two prospects from Atlanta that I can think of that are with the Jets are Postma and Chiarot.

I think Staf is doing more for the Jets than Myers to be ho nest.

We have Buff, Trouba and Myers as RHD and I'm gonna cry when they trade Buff. I'd sign him and trade Myers and whatever for Hamonic. Staf has been consistent all year. Both Kaner and Bogo looked good to my eyes. Bogo roughed up Armia in front of the net there one play and knocked him to the ice fairly easily. Armia could use some weight, he should hire Gary Roberts this summer.

Scheifele is out for a week but do you think Armia will get moved up the lines??? No........let's put Thorburn on the 2nd line and leave Armia on the 4th!!!

pathetic...

With the injuries to Kaner and Bogo it makes it even harder to analyze the trade. It'll take at least another year and does someone have to win a trade? Can't both clubs be better off for it. Chevy inherited bare cupboards. A fair amount of higher end draft picks don't pan out. It is a gamble whenever picks are involved in a trade. He thought that he needed more in the cupboards still.  Chevy's draft prospects are starting to become 3 and 4 year after the draft players.....Scheif, Trouba, Lowry, are playing with the big team. The only two prospects from Atlanta that I can think of that are with the Jets are Postma and Chiarot.

I think Staf is doing more for the Jets than Myers to be ho nest.

We have Buff, Trouba and Myers as RHD and I'm gonna cry when they trade Buff. I'd sign him and trade Myers and whatever for Hamonic. Staf has been consistent all year. Both Kaner and Bogo looked good to my eyes. Bogo roughed up Armia in front of the net there one play and knocked him to the ice fairly easily. Armia could use some weight, he should hire Gary Roberts this summer.

Scheifele is out for a week but do you think Armia will get moved up the lines??? No........let's put Thorburn on the 2nd line and leave Armia on the 4th!!!

pathetic...

Great post. Especially the bold text. 

It's pathetic to me that some fans need to hope departed traded players don't do well. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Wish them well and get on with it. 

GO SABRES!!!

Ideally both teams are better off. I know one thing, all the players currently in the NHL are better off with their new clubs. Myers was never going to live up to his own rookie year hype and it looks like Stafford needed the kick in the pants the trade was for him. Kane and Bogo both high picks that didn't turn into what Winnipeg wanted. I feel like they are just what GMTM wanted.

Kane and Bogo were both drafted by Atlanta not Chevy.....I don't think Chevy wanted to trade Bogo but you have to give to get right? The prospects coming this way were fairly high draft picks (2 first rounders and the 1st pick of the 2nd round)...... Kaner, Bogo, Myers and Staf are all first round draft picks in their years. A hell of a lot of projected talent in that trade.

As far as Staf getting a kick in the arse, not sure but I am more than pleased with his play. Myers started off downright horrible but his play has picked up as of late. If Buff is traded, Myers' points total will go way up next year. Buff is getting about 24 minutes a night. 

Don't have anything dissatisfactory to say about Armia.

Myers with a cross check to the neck down 1 with 7 minutes left tonight. Picked up a 5 minute major and a game misconduct, guaranteeing the Jets would be shorthanded down 1 goal until just 2 minutes left in the game. Meanwhile Kane and Bogo both played very well tonight if you ask me. I'll take this trade 100 times out of 100.

Edited by clintwestwood

Kane and Bogo were both drafted by Atlanta not Chevy.....I don't think Chevy wanted to trade Bogo but you have to give to get right? The prospects coming this way were fairly high draft picks (2 first rounders and the 1st pick of the 2nd round)...... Kaner, Bogo, Myers and Staf are all first round draft picks in their years. A hell of a lot of projected talent in that trade.

As far as Staf getting a kick in the arse, not sure but I am more than pleased with his play. Myers started off downright horrible but his play has picked up as of late. If Buff is traded, Myers' points total will go way up next year. Buff is getting about 24 minutes a night. 

Don't have anything dissatisfactory to say about Armia.

Has Armia had any production at all?

Has Armia had any production at all?

He's scored one goal on an end to end rush.

4th line minutes while Thorbs plays on the 2nd line?

Armia was moved up for some shifts in yesterday's farce of a game. Didn't look out of place.

Thorburn is signed for another year yet! Stuart has two more seasons after this one!!!!

Just horrible, horrible contracts.

He's scored one goal on an end to end rush.

4th line minutes while Thorbs plays on the 2nd line?

Armia was moved up for some shifts in yesterday's farce of a game. Didn't look out of place.

Thorburn is signed for another year yet! Stuart has two more seasons after this one!!!!

Just horrible, horrible contracts.

It may have been a nice goal (never saw it) but that's his only point in 12 games this year.  He's in his 5th year post draft, it's put up or shut up time and the guy can barely crack the roster and has 1 point in 12 games.  I haven't watched the Jets much so I guess I can't comment other than stats but he looked rather invisible to me in the game against us.  I think the trade may work out for both teams but not because of Armia IMO. 

It may have been a nice goal (never saw it) but that's his only point in 12 games this year.  He's in his 5th year post draft, it's put up or shut up time and the guy can barely crack the roster and has 1 point in 12 games.  I haven't watched the Jets much so I guess I can't comment other than stats but he looked rather invisible to me in the game against us.  I think the trade may work out for both teams but not because of Armia IMO. 

He's only a part of the trade and he is only 22 years old. The fans around here have no patience and want draft picks to be immediate 50 goal scorers. The teams that are consistent contenders don't bring guys into the NHL unless they deserve it. Let them learn the big man's game on the farm and when ready they are called up. Petan is a good example. He should have started the year on the farm. He just wasn't ready to adapt coming out of junior. I think Armia only played one NHL game before being dealt here so I am okay to have patience with him and move him up the lines if he deserves it. If he is playing the coach's system and is responsible defensively and isn't hurting the team, I think Maurice will keep him in the lineup. They've called up Halischuk from the farm so I hope it is Peluso that is sitting and not Armia. Even if he gets only 8 minutes a game.

He's only a part of the trade and he is only 22 years old. The fans around here have no patience and want draft picks to be immediate 50 goal scorers. The teams that are consistent contenders don't bring guys into the NHL unless they deserve it. Let them learn the big man's game on the farm and when ready they are called up. Petan is a good example. He should have started the year on the farm. He just wasn't ready to adapt coming out of junior. I think Armia only played one NHL game before being dealt here so I am okay to have patience with him and move him up the lines if he deserves it. If he is playing the coach's system and is responsible defensively and isn't hurting the team, I think Maurice will keep him in the lineup. They've called up Halischuk from the farm so I hope it is Peluso that is sitting and not Armia. Even if he gets only 8 minutes a game.

It is interesting that Thorburn is getting a chance at 2nd line minutes rather than Armia. That is where his skill set would indicate he'll belong IF he makes it. Not sure what coaches see as lacking in his game (only saw him play as an Amerk a couple of times & missed his game as a Sabre - didn't really notice him at all a few days ago except the 1 time he got knocked down near the net) but there is something they don't currently trust/like as he never got a chance on horrible Sabres teams & still isn't getting a chance now.

IMHO, he's the Kasdorf heading back to the Peg - very little chance of making it but maybe being in a different system that single roll of Yahtzee 6's will happen.

I'd expect that if he's going to get a look at 2nd line it would start happening next season. If not, wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Finland when his bridge deal expires. Wouldn't recommend him buying property on this continent at present. ;)

If they give him a look on a higher line, I hope it's for more than 2 or 3 games. He won't knock Wheeler back in the lineup and few around here think he will knock Staf (LW right now) or Ehlers back either. He has played a lot of LW since being called up.

His center on the 4th line is Copp, another name that nobody remembers seeing play that gets about 8-9 minutes a game. I just think it is right that Copp is getting the time on the 4th line because that is where he is expected to play. Armia should be getting a look at the 2nd line because that is where he is expected to play. I think his D game is adequate enough and honestly believe he plays a smarter game position-wise than Ehlers. Not even close actually. Ehlers is a name you can't badmouth in front of the locals. No problem he doesn't score for 25 games, shite no.............he's a rookie.

We aren't making the playoffs this year and Ladd isn't worth what he is asking for. Let some teams get into a bidding war for him and trade him. Wrap up Stuart in that trade too. Take prospects not picks. I see a team like Montreal giving a sweet deal back for Ladd and Stuart at the trade deadline. It'll help us look at a couple of younger players and finish poorly for a chance at a better player this draft.

Three forwards out (Staf, Scheifele, Lowry) so Armia gets bumped up to the 2nd line with Perreault and Ehlers. He got some time on the PP and ended up with over 17 minutes of ice time. He's got some slick moves and is a really good passer. He won't be going to the farm any time soon. He saw some time in the last night's game against Nashville on the third line.

Edited by Ducky

Three forwards out (Staf, Scheifele, Lowry) so Armia gets bumped up to the 2nd line with Perreault and Ehlers. He got some time on the PP and ended up with over 17 minutes of ice time. He's got some slick moves and is a really good passer. He won't be going to the farm any time soon. He saw some time in the last night's game against Nashville on the third line.

He's on quite a nice scoring streak. Producing where it counts! ;)

If the trade were analyzed today, Murray wouldn't look too good.

Thorny, it was a 1-0 game, how many points you think he should have?

Don't get pissed off because one of the guys you traded is on the big team...

Man, just relax.

I'm not pissed, and I don't care that Armia is on the big team. I wasn't referring specifically to the one game. I was merely pointing out that you continue singing the praises of a guy who has 1 point in 14 games. Great. He's not a defensive liability, great. But do you really think I would be upset about a guy that has one measly point in 14 games? He hasn't been impressive.

Feel free to brag on here about his performances when he starts lighting up the scoreboard.  He's not doing anything right now.