Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

They HAVE to sign Stafford.  He hasn't been Captain yet.  They can't properly jettison a member of the Rotten Core unless he's Captain.  It's the only way to exorcise the demons.

That's just mean, that's really mean to paint that mental picture of Stafford skating around in a Sabres sweater with the C on it come October, hopefully they'll miss spell his name and he won't catch it.

So, although I was as anti-Myers as anyone on this board, my "go to" jersey for attending games was a Myers jersey.  After he was traded I figured I needed a new one.  So, today I got brand new #51 Zadorov jersey!

(I hope that doesn't mean he is next to be traded)

I think your playing with fire there young man..

So, although I was as anti-Myers as anyone on this board, my "go to" jersey for attending games was a Myers jersey.  After he was traded I figured I needed a new one.  So, today I got brand new #51 Zadorov jersey!

(I hope that doesn't mean he is next to be traded)

My jerseys were/are:

Drury

Briere

Roy

Pominville

Vanek

Myers

:doh:

Quick detail question on this trade regarding the first round pick we're shipping.

At the time of trade, we held the 1sts from Buffalo, St Louis, and NYI. The trade was to move the lowest 1st rounder in our possession. If we acquire another 1st rounder (ie from Boston for Stewart or the like) and that 1st ends up being lower/that team lasts longer in the playoffs, do we surrender that pick or one of the picks we held at the time of the trade?

I haven't seen the details out yet, but sometimes Chz has come up with them about conditional trades in the past.

Been wondering same. The wording I've seen on the Winnipeg deal is Buffalo's choice of first rounders.

Whether that is the three first rounders we had, or any first rounder we gain, I don't know.

After reading the Miller trade last year, I'm quite sure the possibility is covered. Must have taken eight lawyers to write up that Miller deal.

Edited by Djuda Chekhov

I just hope they defined "lowest" correctly.  I mean, they may be expecting the Buffalo pick because 1 (or 2) is a pretty low number...

Yes.  "Lowest" is literally the worst way to define the pick we want to give them.  Up until that trade, every time I've heard "low" first round pick, it has meant "early."  We want to give them a "late" pick.

Hopefully it just says "Buffalo's choice of 1st rounders after the draft lottery."

My jerseys were/are:

Drury

Briere

Roy

Pominville

Vanek

Myers

:doh:

Just saw this. Those are exactly the jerseys I have/had. Thought I was safe when I got the Myers one right after the contract. Used up a lot of favors getting them all signed and for what?

Best part? I have never wore a jersey.

the jets get the lowest of the 3 1st round picks the sabres had at time of trade.....

if Bogo is playing 30 minutes, he is playing too much...24'25 is about right....

sorry i haven´t posted anything but i am in cuba (84 degrees right now) and the internet is not readily available in the smaller towns...

the jets are still in the playoff picture but they had better stop getting zero points against teams like the Sens....

If Kane grows up, you guys will be veeeeeery happy with him, if not...............

the jets get the lowest of the 3 1st round picks the sabres had at time of trade.....

if Bogo is playing 30 minutes, he is playing too much...24'25 is about right....

sorry i haven´t posted anything but i am in cuba (84 degrees right now) and the internet is not readily available in the smaller towns...

the jets are still in the playoff picture but they had better stop getting zero points against teams like the Sens....

If Kane grows up, you guys will be veeeeeery happy with him, if not...............

Jets get only either Blues or Isles pick that Sabres have.  The Sabres actual pick is not up for grabs

I see Myers through a different focus now. The hopes and prayers of this woebegone franchise is not on his shoulders anymore. Like Kane and Bogosian with the Thrashers, it was too much too soon for Myers. He was screwing up in Buffalo because he had nothing around him and they depended on him too much. Now that he has a decent team around him, he can grow organically into the hockey player he was meant to be. I hope he does well in Winnipeg, which is like Buffalo as a city in many ways.

Speaking of too much too soon, Buffalo is relying on McEichel and Reinhart in a way that's reminiscent again of Kane and Bogosian with the Thrashers. My fear is they push these boys ahead too far, they rely on them too much and they suffer chronic injuries you've seen with Kane and Bogosian. The latter two were depended on too much by a weak organization when really they were boys playing against men.

The result, chronically injured and professionally stunted.