Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

If he plays well, better than expected even, does GMTM trade him?

Griggs doesn't seem to fit GMTM profile of a heavy player team he is building.

And, would you be upset?

Well, I think TM is pretty cold-blooded about trades -- i.e. if he thinks Griggy will return the appropriate amount in trade, he'll trade him, full stop.  I don't think he'll trade him due to some vague notion about "not my kind of player." 

FWIW, I feel the same way.  I'm not that optimistic that Griggy will become a good NHL forward, but I'm certainly not ruling it out -- and if he does turn into a good scorer, I would only want to trade him if the trade return was sufficient.

How's that for a non-specific answer?

If he plays well, better than expected even, does GMTM trade him?

Griggs doesn't seem to fit GMTM profile of a heavy player team he is building.

And, would you be upset?

I don't understand that.  He's 6'3" 219lbs and he digs in corners and doesn't get pushed off the puck. 

I don't understand that.  He's 6'3" 219lbs and he digs in corners and doesn't get pushed off the puck. 

Fair enough. I should have broadened my "heavy" to include with attitude,  fire, or passion,  which this team has been so lacking. We've had Darcy heavy, I'm going on GMTM heavy, heavy with attitude.  Do you see Griggs with that?  If he has that he will be a fan favorite,  A Foligno with skill?

I'm far from there yet -- but IIRC he needs to clear waivers to be sent down next year, which ain't gonna happen, so I expect him to be with the Sabres next year -- and for it to be pretty close to a make-or-break year for him with GMTM.

Were you this harsh when you told your son that Santa Claus doesn't exist? :(

Fair enough. I should have broadened my "heavy" to include with attitude,  fire, or passion,  which this team has been so lacking. We've had Darcy heavy, I'm going on GMTM heavy, heavy with attitude.  Do you see Griggs with that?  If he has that he will be a fan favorite,  A Foligno with skill?

Hard to judge.  Grigorenko if you ignore Reiger's attempt to ruin him and just focus on say his year in the AHL, there is definitely some passion and some skill there. He has grown up a lot since being drafted.  But Mikhail is not going to be Zadorov. He doesn't have that Charisma or Attitude. I wish he would get the chance to play in Buffalo on the 2nd or 3rd line with decent wingers.  When he came up this year he looked completely different and was making plays to wingers who were a step behind.  

I hope we trade Stewart for a good prospect and then resign him in the offseason. If we did, I think we'd see a lineup of something like this to start the year:

Moulson Girgensons Ennis

Kane McEichel Stewart

Foligno Grigorenko Gionta

Deslauriers McCormick Kaleta

Gorges Bogosian

Zadorov Ristolainen

Weber Pysyk

I think Reinhart starts the year in Rochester because he'll be eligible to and because Nolan would probably prefer to avoid breaking in 2 green centers into top 6 NHL duty at the same time. Grigorenko takes the 3rd center spot because he's no longer waiver exempt and he seems to be a much more natural fit at the center position than on the wing. McEichel gets put between two guys with talent, speed, and the toughness to protect him and produce offensively. I think they re-sign Kaleta and McCabe stays in Rochester another season (at least to start the year).

I hope we trade Stewart for a good prospect and then resign him in the offseason. If we did, I think we'd see a lineup of something like this to start the year:

Moulson Girgensons Ennis

Kane McEichel Stewart

Foligno Grigorenko Gionta

Deslauriers McCormick Kaleta

Gorges Bogosian

Zadorov Ristolainen

Weber Pysyk

I think Reinhart starts the year in Rochester because he'll be eligible to and because Nolan would probably prefer to avoid breaking in 2 green centers into top 6 NHL duty at the same time. Grigorenko takes the 3rd center spot because he's no longer waiver exempt and he seems to be a much more natural fit at the center position than on the wing. McEichel gets put between two guys with talent, speed, and the toughness to protect him and produce offensively. I think they re-sign Kaleta and McCabe stays in Rochester another season (at least to start the year).

I agree. Reinhart will start next year in Rochester for two reasons: (1) as we saw last year, he still has a ways to go physically and a half season of getting bounced around in the AHL will be good for him; (2) the entire league saw what a mistake it was for Edmonton to rush a bunch of teenagers into the starting lineup.  Going with two rookie centers (Eichel & Reinhart) is a recipe for disaster.  One or the other will be with the big club.  Not both.

Edited by Potato

I would love to see a McEichel vs. Reinhart 'who stays with the big boy team' start to next season, that would bring a great element to the first 9-10 games. Just imagine, taking about who gives us the best chance to win, not you gives us the best chance to tank... I may have to see a doctor in October, my erection  may last longer than 4 hours!! :w00t:

Like I said......... ask Nathan Horton. He went through a rash of shoulder injuries/surgeries at a young age as well. It pretty much killed his career before his back did.

Not saying it will be the same with Kane, but it's risky. 

because every injury and surgery are the same

Assuming you're passive aggressively implying that all injuries are NOT the same...... I believe I mentioned that. 

Bogosian on with Hockey Hotline.  Excited to be here, his Godfather lives here as do some of his friends.  His parents are excited about having him close by.

Will wear number 47

I'd heard that about his godfather. Is it a Syracuse connection? I thought I read that his Dad went to SU.

I can't think of anyone who's worn #47. No one of consequence - that is for sure. It's evident that 4 is his number. There's part of me that would've nodded approvingly had he gone with #74 instead.

I'd heard that about his godfather. Is it a Syracuse connection? I thought I read that his Dad went to SU.

I can't think of anyone who's worn #47. No one of consequence - that is for sure. It's evident that 4 is his number. There's part of me that would've nodded approvingly had he gone with #74 instead.

Dennis  Hartman, former Orangeman RB is his Godfather.

He is driving from The Peg to Buffalo right now, so he is not at practice today.

Thanks for the number update. Been wondering about that.

Anytime

Edited by BRAWNDO

I see everyone saying Eichel.. when making up future linemates

Is this because everyone expects us to lose the lottery ? or is it because we prefer him over McDavid

We won't win the 1st pick. Like the Crosby lottery, the fact that Uncle Gary 'suddendly' had to change the odds for THIS season, that tells me all I need to know

Bettman will hand pick his choice for McDavid.

I think he plays in the show. 

Agreed. The time will be right for Reinhart in 2015-2016. And they must play him on the 2nd line, not the 3rd line, he needs real skill around him.

Mike Hartman, who might be the same one who played for the Sabres Andrew Peters got very excited, is his Godfather.

He is driving from The Peg to Buffalo right now, so he is not at practice today.

Anytime

We couldn't pay for a flight for Bogosian? That's one long azz drive. Jeez.

Am I the only person who doesn't think Reinhart goes to Rochester next season?

Nolan and Murray seem to both have a very strong belief that kids ride the bus, so I believe only one will stay, either McEichel or Reinhart, but that is assuming Griggs is up here for contract reasons.  If they trade Griggs, all bets are off.

Edited by Woods-Racer

I don't feel like looking it up but has a #2 overall pick ever been sent back to juniors and then the AHL in his first two seasons? I doubt it and I don't think Samson is going to be the first to do it.

I have a strong inclination that your point is correct. #2 overall players (and #1 forward drafted) don't spend more than a year in juniors/AHL level. I think the only reason we don't have Reinhart on the team this year is that the roster is a full blown dumpster fire. He will be here next year as the #2 center.

I would surmise that generally posters here are over-reacting to the Grigorenko situation and wanting to be extra cautious. A mid-teens first rounder is way different than a #1/#2 overall in terms of development needs and NHL ready-ness. No need to overreact the opposite way by holding Samson back another year. The centers next year will be McDavid/Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensens, 4th liner.

I would be very surprised if Reinhart and McEichel aren't here next year.

We will try to build a veteran checking line to shield them.

Reinhart would look very good with Ennis and Kane, IMO.

McEichel gets Moulson and big guy to protect him. (Yes, Stewart would be nice)

I agree. Reinhart will start next year in Rochester for two reasons: (1) as we saw last year, he still has a ways to go physically and a half season of getting bounced around in the AHL will be good for him; (2) the entire league saw what a mistake it was for Edmonton to rush a bunch of teenagers into the starting lineup.  Going with two rookie centers (Eichel & Reinhart) is a recipe for disaster.  One or the other will be with the big club.  Not both.

I think neither will be with the club unless they prove in the first 9 games they absolutely without a doubt belong there.

I would love to see a McEichel vs. Reinhart 'who stays with the big boy team' start to next season, that would bring a great element to the first 9-10 games. Just imagine, taking about who gives us the best chance to win, not you gives us the best chance to tank... I may have to see a doctor in October, my erection  may last longer than 4 hours!! :w00t:

Am I the only person who doesn't think Reinhart goes to Rochester next season?

Nope.  I think its split.  I think a lot hinges on Grigorenko (assuming he's around).  If Grigorenko shows the ability to play at a high level in the #1/#2 spot then the Sabres are not forced to rush a player into the lineup.  They aren't going for th Stanley Cup next year.. we know that.  However, if he's not the guy then there's a good chance one of them is playing on the Sabres and I think it will boil down to the 9 game tryout (at least if it's McDavid.. Eichel could be signed and sent to the AHL immediately right?)