GDT Sabres at Calgary 9pm EST MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

Who is best?  I do not know.  I am Ukrainian.  No Sabres are from Ukraine, but I am in new city and I love sport.

I like Captain Gionta.  We know of Canadiens in my former country, and I have watched important games with him.

Sorry Yuri,

No Sabres from Ukraine?!?

You forget the best D-man the Sabres had in the Hasek/post-Hasek era?

I can see Flynn having a Danny Paille Bruins type role on the right team.

Like his effort and hope there is a spot for him on this team once they turn the corner. Since they let him get away from Porter, he has looked reasonable and the effort is always there.

It is so frustrating! I hate Tim Murray.

TM didn't gut this squad and tell the fans they were in for some 'suffering.' Let's get through these next 34 games and see what he can do when there isn't a Coupe Deville hiding at the bottom of the Cracker Jacks box which is now well more than 75% eaten.

Sorry Yuri,

No Sabres from Ukraine?!?

You forget the best D-man the Sabres had in the Hasek/post-Hasek era?

Like his effort and hope there is a spot for him on this team once they turn the corner. Since they let him get away from Porter, he has looked reasonable and the effort is always there.

TM didn't gut this squad and tell the fans they were in for some 'suffering.' Let's get through these next 34 games and see what he can do when there isn't a Coupe Deville hiding at the bottom of the Cracker Jacks box which is now well more than 75% eaten.

I think Murray is going to make some kind of deal (probably at the draft) that will do two things.

1. Put his stamp on the fact that this is going to be HIS team.

2. Let the league (and fans) know the Sabres are back in business.

It will be a big, bold move that may leave us shaking our heads but for some reason I see it coming. Not just Myers. Bigger than that.

Caught game on iphone while at work... ER was dead last night....  Good thing....  What a fragile team... listened to Calgary announcers sing Cody Hodgson's praises in 1st period...  Yet he still floated, avoided contact and wouldn't shoot.  Stafford has disappeared except on one or two shifts. 

A goal in the third against and the wheels come off. I know we aren't supposed to talk about it non this thread but really this team is needs some offensive guys that can control the puck and put the puck in the net and not too many.  But wow, they suck.  Good for McEichel, tough to watch.

Edited by Icehole

Caught game on iphone while at work... ER was dead last night.... Good thing.... What a fragile team... listened to Calgary announcers sing Cody Hodgson's praises in 1st period... Yet he still floated, avoided contact and wouldn't shoot. Stafford has disappeared except on one or two shifts.

A goal in the third against and the wheels come off. I know we aren't supposed to talk about it non this thread but really this team is needs some offensive guys that can control the puck and put the puck in the net and not too many. But wow, they suck. Good for McEichel, tough to watch.

I think we can talk about whatever we want on this thread as long as it is not openly rooting for a loss. Pointing out the numerous flaws on this team and discussing the garbage product we are asked to watch game in game out is not off limits.

Nice reference.  Mr. Loaf would be proud.

Just finished fast forwarding through the game.  I think it has been something like 2 months since I've watched an entire game.  Myers looked like he knows how to play hockey, that's all I got.

It's the little things now. I was excited to see the Stewart/Hodgson/Stafford line have the puck in the opponent's end in the first. Not even scoring chances, just not hemmed in their own zone for the whole shift.

It's the little things now. I was excited to see the Stewart/Hodgson/Stafford line have the puck in the opponent's end in the first. Not even scoring chances, just not hemmed in their own zone for the whole shift.

Stewart's smile after scoring the goal was nice to see.  Also a nice second assist by Myers on the PP.  Maybe someday he'll completely eliminate the extra Myers second it takes him to make decisions from the point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.