GDT Sabres at Calgary 9pm EST MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

I took a rest from the Sabres at the All Star break. Right off the bat, I'm looking at tonight's roster and see these players on our team that I don't think would crack any other NHL roster. Strachan, Flynn, Ellis, Mitchell, Weber, Kaleta, Meszaros. 

I see others sitting up in the stands waiting to take their place who I'm equally unenthusiastic about:

Benoit and McCormick. On ability alone, these guys should be out.

So, is Stewart playing for a contract, playing for a trade, or does he actually want to stay in BFLO? I wouldn't not be against keeping him around, I've been relatively impressed with his play in the last couple of months...... all things considered. He's certainly not a defensive liability, he's physical, he sticks up for his teammates and he has 11 points in the last 15 games (the team only has 26 goals in that span including tonight). I'm going to assume that's the highest by far out of everybody else on the team in that span. 

I took a rest from the Sabres at the All Star break. Right off the bat, I'm looking at tonight's roster and see these players on our team that I don't think would crack any other NHL roster. Strachan, Flynn, Ellis, Mitchell, Weber, Kaleta, Meszaros. 

I see others sitting up in the stands waiting to take their place who I'm equally unenthusiastic about:

Strachan and Mitchell are good players, IMO

So, is Stewart playing for a contract, playing for a trade, or does he actually want to stay in BFLO? I wouldn't not be against keeping him around, I've been relatively impressed with his play in the last couple of months...... all things considered. He's certainly not a defensive liability, he's physical, he sticks up for his teammates and he has 11 points in the last 15 games (the team only has 26 goals in that span including tonight). I'm going to assume that's the highest by far out of everybody else on the team in that span. 

I'm a fan of Stewart because of his versatility.  He is big, fast, hits, fights, can score a bit.  I just like guys who can still contribute if they are not pitching in offensive.  Stewart is that.  Hodgson is not that.

Ability is one thing, attitude is harder to detect. But my votes for bad attitude are Hodgson, Stafford, Stewart.

Fading former stars sent to Buffalo to die include Moulson, Gionta, Gorges.

Just not good enough: Enroth, Neuvirth.

Guys who just don't get it: Myers, Foligno.

That's nineteen flawed players that are ruining our team right there .

So that leaves us a grand total of three players with Ennis, Ristolainen, Girgensons, with Zadorov a maybe.

I'm a fan of Stewart because of his versatility.  He is big, fast, hits, fights, can score a bit.  I just like guys who can still contribute if they are not pitching in offensive.  Stewart is that.  Hodgson is not that.

I agree with that. I'm hoping Murray doesn't ship him off. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.