GDT Sabres at Calgary 9pm EST MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

My issue is that D4rk tries acting like he runs the place at times and his getting his jimmies rustled when a tank post happens in the pregame. That's just as garbage as those who can't refrain from tank talk during the game.

He may be one of the more vocal anti-tank posters, but it's not like the refraining from tank talk in GDTs is just something he alone wants and is trying to impose on the rest of us.

That's why I posted my 'mid-season refresher' above. Just a reminder of what is expected so we can all be friends here.

Agreed; I meant my plea to be a general one to all SabreSpacers, not just you and Tank.   :beer:

Edited by biodork

My issue is that D4rk tries acting like he runs the place at times and his getting his jimmies rustled when a tank post happens in the pregame. That's just as garbage as those who can't refrain from tank talk during the game.

I don't run anything. But continue to put this back onto me. I don't really care.

The ignore feature puts the responsibility on me instead of the poster being ignored. That fails the face value test doesn't it?

So both of you are upset with the situation, and neither of you will resolve it between yourselves so you appeal to the mods. It's become a pissing match

I've already had the other side of this discussion with sicknfla, and though I don't agree with him, and I just ignore his posts in GDT. Simply scroll over them. I'm not interested in teaching him a lesson in manners, I frankly don't care. 

So both of you are upset with the situation, and neither of you will resolve it between yourselves so you appeal to the mods. It's become a pissing match

I've already had the other side of this discussion with sicknfla, and though I don't agree with him, and I just ignore his posts in GDT. Simply scroll over them. I'm not interested in teaching him a lesson in manners, I frankly don't care.

I'm asking for the agreement about tank discussions to be upheld. I'm using the tools at my disposal to ensure it.

You two get it here.  (And Tank - since you do get it, I don't understand your insistence on fighting against it at times.)  This entire discussion was had early in the season, and it was generally agreed upon to keep the tank talk out of the GDTs during the game.  The season is only half over, and a small (but vocal) minority seem bent on saying to heck with the agreement.  This season is trying for everyone and these are extenuating circumstances.  So again:  PLEASE refrain from pro-tank talk and/or actively rooting against the Sabres before and during games in the GDTs.  Afterwards, have at it.  But please stop making us beg every game for the agreement to be honored.  It's such a small thing we're asking for.

I agreed to it when it was made, and I've stuck by it. Unfortunately the discussion must be perpetuated to the point where the GDT are pointless conversations about not being an ass and respecting the agreement and then the mods are involved.

In short, we've become all  become 12 year olds

I think the ignore button is lame. I didn't come here to find only opinions that match mine. I'm completely fine if D4rk wants to pose his own opinion that opposes mine. Trying to bully other posters because he doesn't like the place they express their opinion is a bit different.

I don't have a problem with anybody here. Everybody is pretty knowledgeable and generally posts in that manner. Just don't puff your chest just because you've been around longer and are generally more well-regarded amongst the mods. Nobody here is more important or "right" than the next guy. The agreement is and was to avoid tank talk DURING GAMES. Follow that and everything is fine.

Love, peace and hair grease, everybody.

I'm asking for the agreement about tank discussions to be upheld. I'm using the tools at my disposal to ensure it.

Agreement is DURING GAMES. Five more hours and I'll let you get the kinky whips out, D4rk.

I think the ignore button is lame. I didn't come here to find only opinions that match mine. I'm completely fine if D4rk wants to pose his own opinion that opposes mine. Trying to bully other posters because he doesn't like the place they express their opinion is a bit different.

I don't have a problem with anybody here. Everybody is pretty knowledgeable and generally posts in that manner. Just don't puff your chest just because you've been around longer and are generally more well-regarded amongst the mods. Nobody here is more important or "right" than the next guy. The agreement is and was to avoid tank talk DURING GAMES. Follow that and everything is fine.

Love, peace and hair grease, everybody.

Agreement is DURING GAMES. Five more hours and I'll let you get the kinky whips out, D4rk.

"During games" is pointless if posters have to sift through pages of tank talk before getting to the actual game discussion. If you want to nit pick and really feel the need to make me the bad guy then you can be mad that I'm taking objections to posts prior to puck drop. Have at that one. I'm still reporting tank posts.

"During games" is pointless if posters have to sift through pages of tank talk before getting to the actual game discussion. If you want to nit pick and really feel the need to make me the bad guy then you can be mad that I'm taking objections to posts prior to puck drop. Have at that one. I'm still reporting tank posts.

I'm going to report anything that sounds happy before and after games then. :p

I think it's clear the mods aren't going to be removing posts to this point. Once the game starts the tank talk should shift elsewhere. That's the end of it for me. Good luck on your crusade. You're a fine fighter.

I'm going to report anything that sounds happy before and after games then. :p

I think it's clear the mods aren't going to be removing posts to this point. Once the game starts the tank talk should shift elsewhere. That's the end of it for me. Good luck on your crusade. You're a fine fighter.

Someone has to crusade around here if PA isn't going to.

Someone has to crusade around here if PA isn't going to.

Plus Yuri and Ghost are in detention.

I'll say what I said last GDT, not that anyone cares. I don't really care if people talk about the tank before, after, or even during the game in a GDT. What I hate is to see a post that says

######

when the Sabres score, or

YES!!!!

when the other team scores.

That's like hanging out with the one guy in the bar rooting for the other team who is just looking to be a dick.

Plus Yuri and Ghost are in detention.

I'll say what I said last GDT, not that anyone cares. I don't really care if people talk about the tank before, after, or even during the game in a GDT. What I hate is to see a post that says

when the Sabres score, or

when the other team scores.

That's like hanging out with the one guy in the bar rooting for the other team who is just looking to be a dick.

It's all the same to me, I'll drive that tanker.

Wait...

Dear me.

Just so we're clear:

The gentlemen's agreement is no rooting for the tank in GDTs, period.  You can ignore the agreement if you're determined to be a DB, but then -- you're kind of a DB.

Reporting posts has no effect on anyone unless a mod decides that some kind of action is appropriate.  OTOH, frivolous reporting is a waste of the mods' time.  So please:  report posts when it's necessary, but use some judgment.

OK?

Since Wildcard ignores my posts and scrolls over them....did I ever tell you all about the time i ran into his sister at the Downer?

Just a joke. Have no clue if Wildcard even has a sister.

Dear me.

Just so we're clear:

The gentlemen's agreement is no rooting for the tank in GDTs, period.  You can ignore the agreement if you're determined to be a DB, but then -- you're kind of a DB.

Reporting posts has no effect on anyone unless a mod decides that some kind of action is appropriate.  OTOH, frivolous reporting is a waste of the mods' time.  So please:  report posts when it's necessary, but use some judgment.

OK?

DB! DB! On at least his 13th post of the night!

From WGR550, tonight's lines are:

Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis
Flynn-Mitchell-Gionta
Stafford-Hodgson-Stewart
Deslauriers-Ellis-Kaleta

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-trying-to-hit-the-reset-button/20801447

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=750560&navid=DL|BUF|home

Good to have Gionta back tonight.

Not sure who will be scratched on D yet.

From WGR550, tonight's lines are:

Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis

Flynn-Mitchell-Gionta

Stafford-Hodgson-Stewart

Deslauriers-Ellis-Kaleta

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-trying-to-hit-the-reset-button/20801447

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=750560&navid=DL|BUF|home

Good to have Gionta back tonight.

Not sure who will be scratched on D yet.

This is close to what the lines were when the team was actually winning a few games.

The problem with the chat is that we use GDTs to guage fan interest based on the number of pages. Also, many GDTs will last several days past the event itself due to whatever conversation that developed during the game itself. These things are lost when you use chat.

WHY U HATE TECHNOLOGY???!!?!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.