GDT Sabres at Calgary 9pm EST MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

Nikita Zadorov, suspended by BUF for failing to report on time after ASW, will join Sabres in CGY today. Suspension lifted when he arrives.

WHAT!!!!!! So this wasn't a reprimand but merely a preemptive action to allow the Sabres to have a full roster in case he couldn't get to Calgary on time for the game!?!?!?

How the #### can we be selectively outraged at that?

Darn intertubes.

Just so everyone is aware I will be actively reporting any posts in GDTs that are related to cheering for/encouraging/condoning losing. I will not tolerate any support for the tank here.

Eh. I get it, and I think nfreeman put it best with "a gentleman's agreement," but tossing around the banhammer or reporting people for posting the wrong content in the wrong thread is taking it too far. There're better ways to get around it, like the ignore button.

Eh. I get it, and I think nfreeman put it best with "a gentleman's agreement," but tossing around the banhammer or reporting people for posting the wrong content in the wrong thread is taking it too far. There're better ways to get around it, like the ignore button.

I won't have to report posts if people don't give me a reason. The Pro Tank Spank Bank Thread should be more than accommodating to everyone who wants to celebrate losing.

I won't have to report posts if people don't give me a reason. The Pro Tank Spank Bank Thread should be more than accommodating to everyone who wants to celebrate losing.

You report people when they cross the lines in content, not when they post an opinion that upsets you. I don't understand why the ignore button isn't a more than suitable tool for this situation; it appears to be exactly what it's for.

So is this what's going to happen nfreeman? If we don't keep to the designated areas in this forum we're going to be reported and punished?

You report people when they cross the lines in content, not when they post an opinion that upsets you. I don't understand why the ignore button isn't a more than suitable tool for this situation; it appears to be exactly what it's for.

So is this what's going to happen nfreeman? If we don't keep to the designated areas in this forum we're going to be reported and punished?

No reason to fight. It goes back to the board vets thinking, and sometimes being permitted to, run this place. He can report all he wants, though, doesn't mean it'll be removed.

No reason to fight. It goes back to the board vets thinking, and sometimes being permitted to, run this place. He can report all he wants, though, doesn't mean it'll be removed.

Um, you guys can report all you want; it doesn't mean anything will be done about it by the mgmt.

Um, you guys can report all you want; it doesn't mean anything will be done about it by the mgmt.

What? That's legitimately what I just said.

I'm feeling like Marshawn Lynch. I want to just sit here and repeat pro-tank stuff constantly to fight the powers that think they be.

Luckily for those on that side I'm not as much of a tool as Marshawn.

Look guys, the tank is depressing. Nobody wants thier favorite team to be the worst in the league. Everyone around here is painfully aware that by all metrics, the Sabres are the worst team in the league. Some posters just want to root for the team to win, despite all odds, and the GDT is the best place for that. There is a courtesy concept to keep the Tank discussion in the CHL thread and the few other tank threads in order to allow everyone to attempt to enjoy the games while they are going on. 

That's all this really is. No need to constantly remind people how bad the team is. The board as a whole is smart and gets it.

Look guys, the tank is depressing. Nobody wants thier favorite team to be the worst in the league. Everyone around here is painfully aware that by all metrics, the Sabres are the worst team in the league. Some posters just want to root for the team to win, despite all odds, and the GDT is the best place for that. There is a courtesy concept to keep the Tank discussion in the CHL thread and the few other tank threads in order to allow everyone to attempt to enjoy the games while they are going on.

That's all this really is. No need to constantly remind people how bad the team is. The board as a whole is smart and gets it.

Exactly. While the games are going on I won't post about it. I don't think other tankers should either. It hasn't been an issue other than one or two recent games.

Exactly. While the games are going on I won't post about it. I don't think other tankers should either. It hasn't been an issue other than one or two recent games.

For the record, my post wasn't really aimed at a specific poster, just a general comment.

Certainly not at you Tank, I think you get the decorum discussed.

The ignore feature puts the responsibility on me instead of the poster being ignored. That fails the face value test doesn't it?

Look guys, the tank is depressing. Nobody wants thier favorite team to be the worst in the league. Everyone around here is painfully aware that by all metrics, the Sabres are the worst team in the league. Some posters just want to root for the team to win, despite all odds, and the GDT is the best place for that. There is a courtesy concept to keep the Tank discussion in the CHL thread and the few other tank threads in order to allow everyone to attempt to enjoy the games while they are going on. 

You two get it here.  (And Tank - since you do get it, I don't understand your insistence on fighting against it at times.)  This entire discussion was had early in the season, and it was generally agreed upon to keep the tank talk out of the GDTs during the game.  The season is only half over, and a small (but vocal) minority seem bent on saying to heck with the agreement.  This season is trying for everyone and these are extenuating circumstances.  So again:  PLEASE refrain from pro-tank talk and/or actively rooting against the Sabres before and during games in the GDTs.  Afterwards, have at it.  But please stop making us beg every game for the agreement to be honored.  It's such a small thing we're asking for.

For the record, my post wasn't really aimed at a specific poster, just a general comment.

Certainly not at you Tank, I think you get the decorum discussed.

I did post a censored word twice during a game that I was drunk while watching. Can't handle my booze and the Sabres apparently. But I will refrain from it. Just don't think it's worth ruining the game for some others. Also don't think this macho "I'm gonna report you to mommy" stuff has a place either.

You two get it here. (And Tank - since you do get it, I don't understand your insistence on fighting against it at times.) This entire discussion was had early in the season, and it was generally agreed upon to keep the tank talk out of the GDTs during the game. The season is only half over, and a small (but vocal) minority seem bent on saying to heck with the agreement. This season is trying for everyone and these are extenuating circumstances. So again: PLEASE refrain from pro-tank talk and/or actively rooting against the Sabres before and during games in the GDTs. Afterwards, have at it. But please stop making us beg every game for the agreement to be honored. It's such a small thing we're asking for.

My issue is that D4rk tries acting like he runs the place at times and his getting his jimmies rustled when a tank post happens in the pregame. That's just as garbage as those who can't refrain from tank talk during the game.

You two get it here.  (And Tank - since you do get it, I don't understand your insistence on fighting against it at times.)  This entire discussion was had early in the season, and it was generally agreed upon to keep the tank talk out of the GDTs during the game.  The season is only half over, and a small (but vocal) minority seem bent on saying to heck with the agreement.  This season is trying for everyone and these are extenuating circumstances.  So again:  PLEASE refrain from pro-tank talk and/or actively rooting against the Sabres before and during games in the GDTs.  Afterwards, have at it.  But please stop making us beg every game for the agreement to be honored.  It's such a small thing we're asking for.

That's why I posted my 'mid-season refresher' above. Just a reminder of what is expected so we can all be friends here.

My issue is that D4rk tries acting like he runs the place at times and his getting his jimmies rustled when a tank post happens in the pregame. That's just as garbage as those who can't refrain from tank talk during the game.

You don't get to 20,000 posts without a few of them being bad posts...

I think the mods need to step into this and vocalize what will be done (if anything). I can't imagine there will be anything done pre or post game. Doubt it will happen during the game either but it wouldn't be unfair if they were deleting posts during the game when time allows it.

But at least a strong suggestion from them would help clear up the discussion... And maybe a DM to those who are offending often and/or those who are taking this too far/seriously.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.