GDT: Wild At Sabres 1-15-2015 MSG 7PM

Brawndo

I don't think he is patient. He just has nothing to work with. We have about 5 players that another team might want. This team is so void of talent I could puke. Putting this kind of product on the ice is a freaking joke.

It is embarrassing to everone involved. Fans, players, coaches, and the league. All for a chance at a freaking draft pick. Makes me sick. Hence my username!!

But don't forget that we acted like being the 8th seed and getting knocked out in the first round was just as bad as this...or at least we thought it was. We were so ready for a the tank. Well we got it. Now live with it because we are going to suck for 1-2 more years.

But don't forget that we acted like being the 8th seed and getting knocked out in the first round was just as bad as this...or at least we thought it was. We were so ready for a the tank. Well we got it. Now live with it because we are going to suck for 1-2 more years.

1-2 years is extremely optimistic. This is going to be 2 years of blatant tanking and 3-4 years of development/building a contender. All said 5-6 year rebuild. With no guarantees!!

1-2 years is extremely optimistic. This is going to be 2 years of blatant tanking and 3-4 years of development/building a contender. All said 5-6 year rebuild. With no guarantees!!

The two years of tanking are already done.

If we get McEichel:

Two more years of bad hockey with a more respectable and watchable product with the potential to make a playoff push.

In three years we should be in the playoffs or it will be, in my opinion, a failure.

In five years or so we should be talking about a cup contender.

It's all, part of the plan.

Yep.

Arizona makes a pro tanking move by calling up their backup goalie in the ECHL. Sabres respond by letting Yeo keep his job for at least another two weeks and making Fletcher look like a genius for acquiring the worst goaltender with 50+ starts over the last three years.

Tank strong.

OH NO

WE'RE TERRIBLE

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ha. Exactly how this team needs to be.

Bill Hoppe

#Sabres Tyler Ennis on fans: "That they’re not booing louder and throwing things on the ice shows how nice they are."

No one gives a ###### anymore Tyler. We literally have reached the point of not caring.

Tanking. All in.

I believe.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Bullsquat.

Darcy never figured out how to get centers back on this team after they let 3 walk in '07. (Yes, 3. They didn't just let Drury & Briere walk; Zubrus was an afterthought as well.) Though they weren't great, they were legitimately ~4 players away from being very good ~2 or so years ago.

After they started selling off rather than building, what did we have left? This sandwich we're getting fed is better (in the long run) than what we'd've had had we kept and re-signed Halak and stole Boychuk and Leddy out from under the Isles.

I had a very nice conversation with a lady whose kid's hard work at Pioneer high school is paying off in college.

No time to boo at a hockey game when you have the chance to share in strangers vicarious successes.

I'm proud of you, Julie. Hell, everyone in the section was proud of you. Call home, your mom misses you already, and

don't stop texting.

As bad as last night was, I am in no way looking back at the era of stagnation with any fondness. I'll take last night as a stepping stone to something greater rather than some meaningless wins in a mad dash to 9th place.

Bill Hoppe

#Sabres Tyler Ennis on fans: "That they’re not booing louder and throwing things on the ice shows how nice they are."

No one gives a ###### anymore Tyler. We literally have reached the point of not caring.

Then why post on a hockey board?

Fans care, they just understand it's all part of the process. Booing or complaining about this team is like booing and complaining about a new born who doesn't walk or talk yet.

As bad as last night was, I am in no way looking back at the era of stagnation with any fondness. I'll take last night as a stepping stone to something greater rather than some meaningless wins in a mad dash to 9th place.

Then why post on a hockey board?

Fans care, they just understand it's all part of the process. Booing or complaining about this team is like booing and complaining about a new born who doesn't walk or talk yet.

Being indifferent about the team winning and posting on a fan board are completely separate concepts all together.

If we get McEichel:

Two more years of bad hockey with a more respectable and watchable product with the potential to make a playoff push.

In three years we should be in the playoffs or it will be, in my opinion, a failure.

Tim Murray would kick your ass for this timetable. And his is the only opinion that counts. They get a McEichel, they're going to try and quickly build around him. I've told people not to fall in love with these kids and the future kids y'all crave. They'll be poker chips.

If we get McEichel:

Exactly what i said.

I am convinced that GMTM is, and has been, aiming to tank. If he is not, then he needs to be fired for icing the worst team arguably ever. I think GMTM is a competent GM, so he HAS to be either tanking or he is incompetent.

Might be why he kept Nolan as opposed to bringing in his own guy now. Nolan is a sacrificial lamb.

I think the term "losing properly" at the beginning of the year should have let everyone in that the tank was on in Buffalo.

I guess i am just surprised people are upset at the "way" they are losing...they have very little talent...talent with work beats work..just plain and simple.

My gut is 60%-70% of this team not on opening day roster fall of 2016..i just cant get worked up by the scores right now.

BTW, God Bless youth. My 13 year still watches every minute in his Molson (taped over Vanek) jersey...better fan than I

Tim Murray would kick your ass for this timetable. And his is the only opinion that counts. They get a McEichel, they're going to try and quickly build around him. I've told people not to fall in love with these kids and the future kids y'all crave. They'll be poker chips.

They will be much more aggressive in trying to compete as quickly as possible but the reality is this team needs a lot more than a few trades are going to fix. 2-3 years after this year is realistic. Keep in mind not every move Murray makes is going to work.

My biggest fear is that in two years it is still a complete shitshow, Murray gets fired, and we start all over again. This rebuild has just a good of chance of being a complete bust as it does a success.

I think the term "losing properly" at the beginning of the year should have let everyone in that the tank was on in Buffalo.

I guess i am just surprised people are upset at the "way" they are losing...they have very little talent...talent with work beats work..just plain and simple.

My gut is 60%-70% of this team not on opening day roster fall of 2016..i just cant get worked up by the scores right now.

BTW, God Bless youth. My 13 year still watches every minute in his Molson (taped over Vanek) jersey...better fan than I

Impressive. My 12 year old looks at his ipod/youtube instead of the TV "They suck Dad, who cares".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.