Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I was scared at the end, Gronk getting the long 4th and 10 and the TD, I wasn't comfortable until the onsides was recovered, because NE always finds a way..... I'm happy to see Brady go home, he'll yeah!!!

So does Peyton retire either way?!

I hope so he's got nothing left to prove and he will just tarnish his legacy if he sticks around

I hope so he's got nothing left to prove and he will just tarnish his legacy if he sticks around

Nothing to prove if he comes away with the win. The unable to get it done in the playoffs mantra will stick around if not.

Denver will be the decided underdogs. Their D will have to have another outstanding game, and Manning will have to have the game of his life to beat this Panthers team. They are on a whole other level right now.

Nothing to prove if he comes away with the win. The unable to get it done in the playoffs mantra will stick around if not.

Denver will be the decided underdogs. Their D will have to have another outstanding game, and Manning will have to have the game of his life to beat this Panthers team. They are on a whole other level right now.

He's 3-1 against Tom Brady in AFC Championship games :p

He's 3-1 against Tom Brady in AFC Championship games :P

Sure, but of course, small sample size there. 10-12 in the rest of his playoff games.

Not trying to rip on Manning, I like him. And think he's one of the greatest of all time, even with only 1 Super Bowl. A 2nd would bolster his resume greatly, though.

Edit: Peterson can NOT make that mistake!!!

Edited by Thorny

The ultimate reason why this superbowl is important to Peyton: Eli.

Peyton is already so, so much better than Eli though, it's not even close.

Wish we could have had an interesting NFC Championship. Yeesh. All out dominance from Carolina.

Edit: And a huge interception, right after I type that.

Edited by Thorny

Sure, but of course, small sample size there. 10-12 in the rest of his playoff games.

Not trying to rip on Manning, I like him. And think he's one of the greatest of all time, even with only 1 Super Bowl. A 2nd would bolster his resume greatly, though.

Edit: Peterson can NOT make that mistake!!!

And this is where I really diverge from the consensus view of things. Winning a 2nd as a shell of his former self on the back of that defense should have zero impact on where he ranks historically. 

And this is where I really diverge from the consensus view of things. Winning a 2nd as a shell of his former self on the back of that defense should have zero impact on where he ranks historically. 

If the Broncos do pull off a Super Bowl win, people will only look at 1 number. And that'd be Peyton having 2 Super Bowl Rings. His blah performance the past 2 seasons won't be talked about often. 

Manning needs to end his career regardless of what goes down. Chances of him making another Super Bowl are next to none. 

Edited by GoPre

I know that's how it'll go, and I think it's horribly wrong to do.

:thumbsup: Right on.

A few years ago NFL analysts were talking about what does it take for a QB to be considered as one of the greats. Most in that particular discussion agreed it depended on the number of Super Bowl wins. I wanted to puke when they spoke of Roethlisberger being better than a few hall of famers like Marino or Kelly. And it all came down to the 2 Super Bowls Roethlisberger won. 

Edited by GoPre

Well ordinarily I would agree, but I happen to think that if Manning is going to win his second Super Bowl, he's going to have to have a great performance in the game. He played good today, and I think he will have to be much better the beat Carolina. If he has a great game and wins it, it absolutely should affect his legacy.

Edit: But the idea that greatness can purely be measured by the number of championships is one that I too disagree with, if that is what you are getting at. Quarterbacks can get ones they don't deserve, and deserve ones they don't get. If Butler hadn't made that big play in the championship last year, would Brady's comeback in that game been any less impressive? Championships is and always has been a team achievement. It would have been wrong for Brady's legacy to have taken a hit had Butler not made that play.

The bandwagon in Carolina is over crowded, but I'll deal as long as NE is done.

Edit: I'm all in on Denver anyway since the law of misery loves company will not allow me to root for Carolina or Arizona to win their first super bowl before the Bills.

I actually feel like for a 15-1 team, they have been rather under-appreciated.

Edited by Thorny

Well ordinarily I would agree, but I happen to think that if Manning is going to win his second Super Bowl, he's going to have to have a great performance in the game. He played good today, and I think he will have to be much better the beat Carolina. If he has a great game and wins it, it absolutely should affect his legacy.

Edit: But the idea that greatness can purely be measured by the number of championships is one that I too disagree with, if that is what you are getting at. Quarterbacks can get ones they don't deserve, and deserve ones they don't get. If Butler hadn't made that big play in the championship last year, would Brady's comeback in that game been any less impressive? Championships is and always has been a team achievement. It would have been wrong for Brady's legacy to have taken a hit had Butler not made that play.

I actually feel like for a 15-1 team, they have been rather under-appreciated.

We're on the same page--that's precisely what I was getting at. Your point re: Manning this time is well taken.

Edit: As for Carolina, I'm still not sure how they're doing anything on offense with that roster. That defense is legit, but Cam isn't human.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

The bandwagon in Carolina is over crowded, but I'll deal as long as NE is done.

Edit: I'm all in on Denver anyway since the law of misery loves company will not allow me to root for Carolina or Arizona to win their first super bowl before the Bills.

Well, like they say, this is the best thing to happen to Carolina fans since Seattle went to the Super Bowl last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.