Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

My thoughts after this weekend:

1) Cam Newton deserves the MVP hands down.  Brady with comparable targets to what Cam has had all season didn't do anything against the Eagles, really.

2) I am conceding playoff spot #5 to KC right now.  I think at most they lose one more game this year.

3) Pitt will lose at least 2 more games.

4) Go to ESPN.com, and mess around with the NFL Playoff Machine.  There are several ways for the Bills to make the postseason.  The easiest path for them is obviously one where they win out, Pitt loses to Cinnci (can win out after that), and Jets end with same record as us or worse (w. us beating them in week 17).  

5) Houston and Indy are irrelevant, if Buffalo wins out, as we hold the tie breaker over both, and only one can get to 10-6 (they play each other week 15).  If Buffalo can't win out, our best bet is just for both teams to lose.

To simplify: next week, root for a Bills win, Cinnci win, and Tenessee win. 

6) Tyrod is a lot better than a lot here give him credit for.  He has great vision, and his running ability has given us another dimension to this offense.

7) Carpenter is just having a down year

8) Sammy and Shaddy need to be the focal points of every offensive gameplan we have going forward.  

9) The reffing in the NFL is so inconsistent and terrible, it makes some football games hard to watch.  The push off by Hopkins and the illegal motion on the quick snap were only 2 instances this weekend of bad calling.  There were also quite a few botched calls in the NO/Car game and the Jets/Giants game (I'm talking blatant holds and interference).  The NFL needs to address this in some way other than Goodell issuing a memo saying that the 'Refs are fine' ( copywrite LGR).

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

DeSean Jackson is surprising me tonight. I'm not surprised that it was his absolutely moronic play that gave Dallas the ball in the red zone. But I am surprised that he completely redeemed himself with the TD grab inside of a minute to go.

I only got to watch the first half tonight prior to the Sabres game and then happened to flip it back as the refs signaled Bailey's game winner. Looking at the stats it looks like Cousins was solid but didn't do enough to win his team the game. Getting 2.5 yards per carry from his backs probably does help.

I only got to watch the first half tonight prior to the Sabres game and then happened to flip it back as the refs signaled Bailey's game winner. Looking at the stats it looks like Cousins was solid but didn't do enough to win his team the game. Getting 2.5 yards per carry from his backs probably does help.

His stats were the mirror image of Cassel's, save for a TD from Cousins. To my eye, Cousins looked thoroughly average. Which in this league may be something to value at QB. Not over-value, mind you.

Looks like Cousins has been efficient at home this season, far less so on the road. If past is prologue, he's not Washington's answer at QB, but they'll spend a season or two having him mind the shop while they try to find one.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/12/07/buffalo-bills-jim-kelly-thurman-thomas-bruce-smith-30-30-four-falls-buffalo

It's still going to be tough to watch, but it will take me back to the time when I was intensely passionate about the Bills.  Even still it took over a decade after those Super Bowl years for me to emotionally detach and declare no mas as a fan.  I'm sure one day they will finally make it back to the playoffs... I mean it's gotta happen, right? But for me the fan experience can never be like those years...even if they win a Super Bowl.

One of my favorite parts of the film is seeing Thomas and Smith sitting down on the couch and watching the Super Bowls together. Rodgers and Co. rented a house in Buffalo and shot with the two Hall of Famers for two hours.  They wanted at least one player to watch the Super Bowls, something none of them has done in the 25 years since they played in those games, and Rodgers gave Thomas a lot of credit for watching and commenting on some of the toughest moments of his career (such as being on the bench for the Bills’ first two offensive plays of Super Bowl XXVI with a missing helmet).

“Is this a film about their four Super Bowl losses or about a great team that did something no other team may ever do again?” Rodgers said. “The truth is, it's both.  Theirs is a complicated story.”

So, anyone curious to hear a historical and statistical analysis on why Tyrod will be making $20 million next year?

http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/current-market-value-tyrod-taylor-560/

Taylor has shown some good stuff this year, but if we offer him a big contract based on one season of work we're insane. He's under contract for next year and we have precious little cap space (even if we cut Mario, just turning that money into a Tyrod extension is...inefficient). If we're going through next season and Taylor continues to play well, and hopefully improve, then you go with a Dalton/Kaepernick/Tannehill style contract in the $14-20 million range but structured such that it's basically pay-as-you-go with little cap consequences for cutting the bait after any given season.

Apparently other teams where contemplating signing O'Leary which is why they promoted him and had to cut Mulligan.

I'm a little surprised. He showed so little during preseason. I thought he was among the Bills worst players. At least Mulligan was like having an extra tackle on the line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.