Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Dareus suspended, McCoy with a tear in his hamstring, his backup out with a mysterious injury to his privates, Freddy gone, someone in the organization taking anonymous shots at the GM in the media, the kicker has the yips...

Not the easiest situation for a first-time-starting QB to walk into, especially against a good team -- and with the Pats and their newly exonerated QB rolling in the next week, we could be looking at 0-2 and heading to Miami under a ton of pressure to save the season.

Yikes.

Dareus suspended, McCoy with a tear in his hamstring, his backup out with a mysterious injury to his privates, Freddy gone, someone in the organization taking anonymous shots at the GM in the media, the kicker has the yips...

Not the easiest situation for a first-time-starting QB to walk into, especially against a good team -- and with the Pats and their newly exonerated QB rolling in the next week, we could be looking at 0-2 and heading to Miami under a ton of pressure to save the season.

Yikes.

At least the Colts defense is terrible.

Yikes.

Exonerated?  Hardly.

I feel badly for Carpenter. The NFL is as brutal a business as there is. The guy's been lights out for two years, then he gets injured, struggles to return to form, and is put on the chopping block.

That said, the Bills cannot afford a dodgy kicker. The blueprint for this team requires a kicker who kicked like Carpenter did last year.

I still feel bad for Fred...... he's lives on my street and you can literally see how sad and hurt he looks. He felt betrayed, he told another of the neighbors Whaley gave him his word back in March he'd get this season, thus the feeling of betrayal and Whaley being untrustworthy. 

I like Fred and everything he represented but regardless of whether Whaley made informal promises to him or not, he is an NFL player and thus held to the same scrutiny as anyone trying to make the team, and will be evaluated similarly by Seattle or whoever he aspires to sign with next.  You can't build a team on emotional attachments or feeling indebted to a player for his contributions to your community.  Fred was well compensated over his tenure, both financially, and from the city (maybe even nation) wide outpouring of admiration, and seems to have a pretty enviable life.  I think hell be OK.

IK PunchedGeno got released. Many expected him to make it, but his dumb lining up offsides on 4th and 1 probably hurt.

Quentin Groves cut.

7th round WR Dezmin Lewis cut.

QB Matt Simms cut.

Former Bill Andy Levitre was traded to the Falcons.

Edited by Hoss

Bills cuts so far:

QB Matt Simms

DL IK Enekmpali

OLB Quentin Groves

OG Cyril Richardson

WR Andre Davis

CB Merrill Noel

FB John Connor

OL Will Campbell

DT Andre Fluellen

OL Darryl Johnson

RB Bronson Hill

C Alex Kupper

DE BJ Larsen

WR Tobias Palmer

RB Cierre Wood

WR Deonte Thompson

WR Dezmin Lewis

McKelvin played on non-football injury list. Out the first six games at least.

Roster is at 57 now. Dareus counts on that 57 until Monday.

Edited by Hoss

I still feel bad for Fred...... he's lives on my street and you can literally see how sad and hurt he looks. He felt betrayed, he told another of the neighbors Whaley gave him his word back in March he'd get this season, thus the feeling of betrayal and Whaley being untrustworthy. 

Perhaps Whaley should have consulted his coaches before making that promise. Freddy isn't cut if Rex and Roman want him on the squad. It would be another matter entirely if Ryan had made that promise last March. 

GO BILLS!!!

Anybody else a little annoyed about how Rex handled the Carpenter situation last night? I just don't think you should be talking about an established veteran like that to the media. He's earned the right to hear it in private.

Meh. He's he kicker. He's a veteran. He has sucked. He has probably heard it in private multiple times. I'm open to a coach who will challenges players publicly. Whatever the other guys were doing wasn't working.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.