Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

only bills fans would complain about trading away a LB who had a good first half of a rookie season, and is coming off his second ACL injury who missed last year for a top 3 RB in his prime

3 down LBs are invaluable in this league. RBs don't last much longer than 28-29.  Value wise it's a terrible trade.  Just because we dealt from a position of strength doesn't make it a good trade.

Also, it's a discrepancy of about 10 Million against the cap.  Stupid.

Kiko wanted out....terrible fckn news for the Bills on this trade.

Or the Bills leaked that to make people like me less pissed.  It's not working.

Still have three of the four 3-4 linebacker spots filled. Nigel Bradham rated out as one of the best linebackers (4th among outside linebackers) in the league last season... He'll be in the middle. Preston Brown had a fantastic rookie year (6th in the league among outside linebackers) and slots in the middle. Mario Williams and (maybe) Jerry Hughes on the outside. If not Hughes then they can find good production in the draft/free agency for half the price.

LaConfora, who, again, hates Buffalo, is reporting two things that are specifically anti-Buffalo: Kiko wanted a trade and McCoy may hold out for an extension... If either are true neither are bad.

Kiko wanting a deal and ending up being turned into McCoy is a great swing. McCoy wanting an extension is fine because Buffalo is likely already prepared for that and may actually be able to get his number lower on a longer deal.

Edited by Tank

It's not about just filling the spots, it's about having good players when the starters need to be spelled or if somebody gets injured.  DEPTH.  Having 3 good starters isn't enough.

And we better freakin' sign Hughes now.

On the plus side, this trade is finally allowing me to live up to my new name.

It's not about just filling the spots, it's about having good players when the starters need to be spelled or if somebody gets injured. DEPTH. Having 3 good starters isn't enough.

They have Brown and Nigel playing inside and will bring in David Harris. Alonso was very over rated and played inside linebacker on one of the worst run defenses in the league. With nickle and dime packages seventy percent of the time they won't even have an inside backer on the field.

They have Brown and Nigel playing inside and will bring in David Harris. Alonso was very over rated and played inside linebacker on one of the worst run defenses in the league. With nickle and dime packages seventy percent of the time they won't even have an inside backer on the field.

We'll see if Alonso is overrated.

It's not about just filling the spots, it's about having good players when the starters need to be spelled or if somebody gets injured.  DEPTH.  Having 3 good starters isn't enough.

On the plus side, this trade is finally allowing me to live up to my new name.

Sure, but we've got Rex Ryan. He'll attract the depth without issue. David Harris being one easy name to pencil in. Brandon Spikes could return. Etc.

3 down LBs are invaluable in this league. RBs don't last much longer than 28-29.  Value wise it's a terrible trade.  Just because we dealt from a position of strength doesn't make it a good trade.

Value wise its bad?  A linebacker who has had two major injuries, missed last season, for an elite pro bowl player is bad value???  You can dislike the trade but the value is certainly on our side.

And so what if we need to add a depth piece to our LB core?  We have the draft and free agency.  Know what we weren't getting at the draft or free agency, a top 3 26-year old pro bowl RB.  If you want to be a runnign team built around the run, you have to have a good RB.  We just got one of the best

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

oh he'll only be 27 this season...I though he was older. this trade was about even. I was concerned that kiko was looking a bit small in 2013 even though he was a playmaker 1st half.

Freddie is too old to carry the load and those other guys we got are journeymen. maybe we should keep cj though. His market value just went down.

I'm not buying the whole "kiko wanted out" argument either. Anyone have a link from a credible source?

I don't think it really matters. If true they did well to serve him and themselves. If not it doesn't mean much.

Also, I almost posted LaConfora's tweet on the trade demand but the remembered you asked for a credible source.

We shouldn't kid ourselves about McCoy being high-mileage, but I don't hate the trade.  The Bills are dying for offense.  There is a very good likelihood that the Bills will get 2-3 years out of McCoy playing at a pretty high level.  If that proves out, then Alonso would really need to become a terrific linebacker for 4-5 years to make this trade not worthwhile.  That might happen, but the odds are against it, especially with Kiko coming off a torn ACL.

I also like McCoy-Freddie as an RB tandem a lot more than I like Freddie-CJ.

Well McCoy may help our next QB "captain check down" most likely...... Look like a better player as he is a big play guy from the backfield and I cannot see our offense becoming a downfield threat this season regardless of who we get, we are just not set up the the Packers or pats on O.

I hate today.

There's a perfectly good coach in Saint Louis who loves LBs and hates his QB.

We shouldn't kid ourselves about McCoy being high-mileage, but I don't hate the trade.  The Bills are dying for offense.  There is a very good likelihood that the Bills will get 2-3 years out of McCoy playing at a pretty high level.  If that proves out, then Alonso would really need to become a terrific linebacker for 4-5 years to make this trade not worthwhile.  That might happen, but the odds are against it, especially with Kiko coming off a torn ACL.

I also like McCoy-Freddie as an RB tandem a lot more than I like Freddie-CJ.

They could plug anyone in at RB.  Didn't need to do this.

And FFS, can you get rid of the Kelly avatar already?  This is a hokey--I mean hockey, I think--board.

I hate today.

There's a perfectly good coach in Saint Louis who loves LBs and hates his QB.

They could plug anyone in at RB. Didn't need to do this.

And FFS, can you get rid of the Kelly avatar already? This is a hokey--I mean hockey, I think--board.

But that coach likes his linebackers big and physical. Alonso is an undersized linebacker who relies on his speed and quickness coming off his second major knee injury

Well, he sounds fun

A source close to McCoy told ESPN's Josina Anderson that the veteran running back is not pleased with the move.

"He's a Pennsylvania kid. He's never played football outside of Pennsylvania -- high school, college, pro," the source said. "So of course he's not happy."

The source also told Anderson that McCoy is "frustrated" and is "not going to make it easy, that's for sure."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12415886/philadelphia-eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills

Edited by WildComrade

Oh yay, someone who wanted out for someone who doesn't wanna be here.... Sounds like the bills

I missed the "Kiko wanted out" part.  Where's that?  Not saying you're wrong; I just haven't followed all of the traffic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.