2015 IIHF World Juniors

WildCard

If we want Larkin we might have to give them Myers+

The talk for months it seems has been that Detroit is refusing to give us Larkin in any Myers deal.

Supposedly we're asking for Larkin + roster player + 1st round pick. Not sure if Larkin is just completely untouchable to them.

Supposedly we're asking for Larkin + roster player + 1st round pick. Not sure if Larkin is just completely untouchable to them.

If Larkin is that player Murray want Larkin + for Myers would be ideal. It should be interesting to see what Murray has planned. This is just me I want players who can skate, have speed and are constantly around the puck. I'm not sure if Grigs is going to be one of those players.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Yea, I have to think that if Detroit really wanted Myers they would be more flexible there. This WJC so far for Larkin has made him even more valuable. I think best case would be Larkin and a pick for Myers if we really want Larkin.

Edited by Tank

Yea, I have to think that if Detroit really wanted Murray they would be more flexible there. This WJC so far for Larkin has made him even more valuable. I think best case would be Larkin and a pick for Myers if we really want Larkin.

So if your the GM do u move a top defenseman in Myers for another prospect and non-roster player?

Yea, I have to think that if Detroit really wanted Murray they would be more flexible there. This WJC so far for Larkin has made him even more valuable. I think best case would be Larkin and a pick for Myers if we really want Larkin.

His stock is rising and has been all year. That said, Detroit is 2 points out of the top spot in the conference and Myers is the guy they've been after for a while now. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are getting up there in age and Larkin has a couple more years to go in college. Would they go for it and overpay for Myers at the deadline?

I think Fasching has a lot of jam to his game. I've only seen him play a few college games and now both of these games in the tourney and I can honestly say I've yet to see him take a minute off. He hustles all the time, skates better than I thought, and just seems like a general pain in the ass to play against. I like that in a player. If he develops any kind of scoring touch, it'll be a bonus. I think we made out ok on that trade with the Kings.

GO SABRES!!!

I think Fasching has a lot of jam to his game. I've only seen him play a few college games and now both of these games in the tourney and I can honestly say I've yet to see him take a minute off. He hustles all the time, skates better than I thought, and just seems like a general pain in the ass to play against. I like that in a player. If he develops any kind of scoring touch, it'll be a bonus. I think we made out ok on that trade with the Kings.

GO SABRES!!!

I think we made out just fine. Nic seems like he is getting better and works his @ss off and Fasching seems like he is going to be a solid player who is tough on the forecheck and goes hard to the front of the net. Compher looks like that same type of player but in a much smaller package. Always moving and gets in your face. I'm just wondering if Murray moves any of our unrestricted players soon for any of these players in this tourney. I wasn't able to watch this usa game today but I seen Eichel's goal and that was sweet. I can't wait to see usa-Canada this week. I want to see the Eichel-McDavid matchup and I want to see the US silence the candian fans.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I think we made out just fine. Nic seems like he is getting better and works his @ss off and Fasching seems like he is going to be a solid player who is tough on the forecheck and goes hard to the front of the net. Compher looks like that same type of player but in a much smaller package. Always moving and gets in your face. I'm just wondering if Murray moves any of our unrestricted players soon for any of these players in this tourney. I wasn't able to watch this usa game today but I seen Eichel's goal and that was sweet. I can't wait to see usa-Canada this week. I want to see the Eichel-McDavid matchup and I want to see the US silence the candian fans.

You saw Eichel's goal.

Larkin would be a good fit but if Myers goes, I really hope we draft 3 or higher.

Compher got more ice time than in game #1. Looked solid and showed some hustle. He got close to 2 minutes on one PP when they kept it in the German end. Fasching seems to have some net presence, if he has the guts could he be a Thomas Holmstrom type of player? I hope Canada-USA game lives up to the hype.

His stock is rising and has been all year. That said, Detroit is 2 points out of the top spot in the conference and Myers is the guy they've been after for a while now. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are getting up there in age and Larkin has a couple more years to go in college. Would they go for it and overpay for Myers at the deadline?

I'm hoping this is the scenario. Though it's been said Babcock was hesitant to resign because he wants to coach a winning team and it's easy to tell Detroit is getting old. The difference between where they are now and where they were last year is thanks almost entirely to them being healthy with Datsyuk and company. So if they want to keep Babcock, it sounds like they need to at least contend for years to come, and making a trade for Myers for the future of Detroit might be too much, leading them to take a shot at the cheaper Mike Green instead.

Hmmm... I really like Larkin as a prospect. If we can get Larkin and a first or Larkin and somebody like Tatar I would do it.

Jurco

I'm hoping this is the scenario. Though it's been said Babcock was hesitant to resign because he wants to coach a winning team and it's easy to tell Detroit is getting old. The difference between where they are now and where they were last year is thanks almost entirely to them being healthy with Datsyuk and company. So if they want to keep Babcock, it sounds like they need to at least contend for years to come, and making a trade for Myers for the future of Detroit might be too much, leading them to take a shot at the cheaper Mike Green instead.

To be fair, though, Myers could be the future of Detroit if they think he's got his game turned around. He's still young; it's not like they'd be trading Larkin for a guy in his 30's.

Unrelated: Mikko Rantanen has two goals in his first two WJC games. Maybe he plays his way back into the top ten with a strong tournament?

I just want to say that the wraparound goal Eichel scored last night was pretty incredible to watch. The reach and hands to be able to score while his body was still directly behind the net was impressive.

Also, I was pleased to see Fasching's game for the USA was quite a bit of front of the net/power forward style play. He's a powerful player with enough skill to play on the 2nd PP for a strong world juniors team

I just want to say that the wraparound goal Eichel scored last night was pretty incredible to watch. The reach and hands to be able to score while his body was still directly behind the net was impressive.

Incredible move

When it was revealed that Murray was rumored to want Larkin plus some stuff for Tyler Myers, many on this forum said "no way." ...now that folks have seen Larkin play, that seems to have changed. :)

Yeah, there was this one guy though...

I'm madly in love with the idea of the Sabres getting Dylan Larkin. With Girgensons stepping up this year, Reinhart cruising in the WHL again, Grigorenko doing well in the AHL, Compher doing well at Michigan, and then Larkin off to a stellar start at Michigan this year, the Sabres would have the best center situation that I can remember.

:P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.