2015 IIHF World Juniors

WildCard

Eichel started well and has a world of talent, but he looked young as the competition got stronger.

Compher works his ass off. His NHL floor is Torrey Mitchell. Hopefully, he has more skill than that, but I really didn't see it.

Fasching definitely looks like a middle-six NHL power forward. One of USA's three top players this tourney.

Count me among those who didn't like the way US was coached.

But they were a young team, especially on defence.

Edited by dudacek

Yep. Eichel is gonna fall off a cliff in the upcoming draft. Why, we might even be able to trade down and STILL get him.

Tough game for the US. Hard to establish a rhythm, especially early on, when playing short handed so much of the time. I thought we dominated play 5 on 5 but just couldn't capitalize. Oh well, hoping Samson continues to show he's the best player out there in this tourney.

GO SABRES!!!

I really didn't see the US making the finals regardless, I think this hurts Canada more then it helps.

The US was the only team that could play the physical game vs Canada. Toronto is the loser because now there won't be Americans spending money there to see the team.

The US was the only team that could play the physical game vs Canada. Toronto is the loser because now there won't be Americans spending money there to see the team.

If the US was the only team that couple play the physical game vs Canada, why couldn't we play it against Russia?

If the US was the only team that couple play the physical game vs Canada, why couldn't we play it against Russia?

Instead of playing the body it looked like they were trying to use their sticks. Had they brought the same game they did vs Canada it would have been a different story

I didn't watch the game, but 8 penalties?

Yup, 5 in the first frame, including a 5 on 3. On which Russia scored

Safe to say that Reinhardt is out performing the two guys that will go 1-2 in this years draft??

Yes. And that's basically to be expected. The post draft year guys almost always do better at the World Juniors than the draft year guys, even if we're talking about generational talents. Not sure after last game, but before that McDavid was pacing what Crosby and Lemieux did in their draft years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.