GDT: Kings at Sabres, 12/9/14, 7:30 pm, NBCSN

nfreeman

A few thoughts in no particular order.

Good win, lots of physical play tonight. That was nice to see.

The Sabres do not skate hard to the front of the net. They just don't do it. Someone will be waiting in the office looking for the set up pass and no one ever shows up to slam the puck home.

The defense was great tonight. 55 and 51 looked great and Myers didn't make me throw anything tonight. I didn't scream once. Amazing.

The zone entries that this team tries f-ing kill me! They make it look impossible to carry the puck in on a man advantage.

Nice goal Ennis. He was patient and found a nice cozy 5 feet of net to tuck it in. Lots of our players would have jammed it into Quick's pads.

Our players are allergic to one timers. They had Ennis(lefty) at the right circle and Stafford(righty) at the left circle on the power play following the Williams penalty, and neither of them would even attempt an open one timer. That's freaking frustrating.

I wasn't impressed with Enroth.....until the final minutes when he was great. He still gives up way too many rebounds. However his positioning was excellent.

I like a good old fashioned goal fest so I was surprised I enjoyed this game at all, but I did.

This team improved dramatically when two things happened:

1. Nolan put Zadorov in the lineup and paired him with Risto

2. Nolan put together one scoring line by moving Ennis from center to RW (Moulson - Girgs - Ennis)

We have two good defensive pairs and one good scoring line. And, a pretty good checking line (Deslauriers - CodyMac - Kaleta). The other forwards and the 5th through 8th defensemen are basically replaceable.

All of the guys in the latter group have contracts that expire at the end of 15/16 or before (less than 2 years) with the exception of Hodgson. I think we're in great shape assuming some of the prospects are ready for NHL spots in a year or two. Got a ton of cap room too.

Edited by Potato

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.