GDT: Kings at Sabres, 12/9/14, 7:30 pm, NBCSN

nfreeman

…you know, sometimes an electric lightbulb goes out all of a sudden. Fizzles, you say. And this burned-out bulb, if you shake it, it flashes again and it’ll burn a little longer. Inside the bulb it’s a disaster. The wolfram filaments are breaking up, and when the fragments touch, life returns to the bulb. A brief, unnatural, undeniably doomed life—a fever, a too-bright incandescence, a flash. The comes the darkness, life never returns, and in the darkness the dead, incinerated filaments are just going to rattle around. Are you following me? But the brief flash is magnificent!

I want to shake…

I want to shake the heart of a fizzled era. The lightbulb of the heart, so that the broken pieces touch…

…and produce a beautiful, momentary flash…

Yury Olesha, Envy

Don't let the haters keep you down Yuri.

At least someone is having fun around here.

I didn't really mean that Nfreeman was up your ass, just so you know. I was being ironic. If anything it's the opposite.

You ever seen a Bum Fight? How do you figure a Bum would fare, versus a King, if it were just mano y mano?

I propose that it depends on the Bum and it depends on the King.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

I didn't really mean that Nfreeman was up your ass, just so you know. I was being ironic. If anything it's the opposite.

You ever seen a Bum Fight? How do you figure a Bum would fare, versus a King, if it were just mano y mano?

I propose that it depends on the Bum and it depends on the King.

Does that bum have a shotgun? Because I saw a movie about a King beater like that one time.

so is Zadorov no longer wearing 61 because Benoit was a Veteran and got to pick/take the number?

I honestly think they didn't plan on having Zadorov here. And 61 wasn't really his number anyways. He was 65 in London. May be more partial to the five than the six.

Over analyzation of player numbers is fun... I do it too often.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.