Favourite all-time Sabre: playoffs

dudacek

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favourite Sabre?

Having had the pleasure of watching both their entire careers, I can say Dom is the best ever at his position, and Gilbert is the greatest Buffalo Sabre ever. And I say that without any sense of conflict at all. Perreault ESTABLISHED the entire franchise and carried it on his back for the duration of his playing days. He did things with a puck from an offensive standpoint that others couldn't; things as amazing on offense as Dom did in goal.

You had to be there to really get a sense of it.

GO SABRES!!!

any statement that has the underlined and is not about RJ is wrong. so if we are considering beyond what is done on the ice it is not old man perraulhtrgft. If we are focusing on what they did on the ice and in the league it still is not the old man because Dom changed the game with how good he was and how he did it. you know what gilbert is? he is Sakic if Sakic didn't win any cups. great player but never really the top 3 or 5 in the league. the kinda player you look back at and kinda go hmm i thought he would have done a bit more.

any statement that has the underlined and is not about RJ is wrong. so if we are considering beyond what is done on the ice it is not old man perraulhtrgft. If we are focusing on what they did on the ice and in the league it still is not the old man because Dom changed the game with how good he was and how he did it. you know what gilbert is? he is Sakic if Sakic didn't win any cups. great player but never really the top 3 or 5 in the league. the kinda player you look back at and kinda go hmm i thought he would have done a bit more.

Never mind.

GO SABRES!!!

I was able to watch both players play for the same amount of time..Gilbert was exciting flashy and the First pick ever by our beloved Sabres, however with that said he couldnt and never did control the outcome of so many games the way Hasek did on an almost a nightly basis. Not only was he a stonewall to shoot against he did so with flash and flair the way no other goalie has ever played before him or since he has retired. Yes he demanded a trade and even though I have some bad feelings towards that time I also in hindsight see his reasoning. IMO

What 'cha offering? ;)

Happy Holidays to you as well.

In my best rasping Scott Ferrall voice ...

*A great big case of absolutely nothing*.

This thing is now tied.

Come on Taro I will overnight that case of absolutely nothing to you, so you can show all your friends that case of absolutely nothing, simply by changing your vote.

;)

I can understand this being close between these two, but TIED? Really?

Who holds more records?

Who won more awards?

Who meant more to his respective teams?

Which is in the top 3, if not the best, all-time at his position?

Which did RJ make more memorable calls for?

The heart wants what it wants.

Still tied?

I'll try again another time.

Far be it from me to tell you how to run your thread, duda, but since it is so close and basically tied for considerable time, why not declare this thing a draw.

That is a compromise proposition on my part, since my support for Perreault is steadfast.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.