Sabres at Capitals 11-22-14 7PM

spndnchz

Season series: The Buffalo Sabres took two of three against the Washington Capitals last season, with all the games decided in overtime. Buffalo won the first two, exactly two weeks apart, in identical 2-1 shootouts. The Capitals won the finale 5-4 behind two goals and two assists from Alex Ovechkin.

It's not surprising when you consider that he looked ready to play in the NHL after his 9 games last year.

I don't think any of us doubted he'd eventually get here, but the beginning of this season could've been one heckuva mind-f*ck for a lesser guy.

I wonder how Pysyk feels about Zadarov being in Buffalo. Hopefully he's heady enough to know that the Sabres didn't have much of a choice... but at the same time.

I hope he's pissed, works his ass off and gives the Sabres no choice but to call him up. His stats don't really give an indication. Eight points, 14 PIM, and an even +/-.

Edited by inkman

I hope he's pissed, works his ass off and gives the Sabres no choice but to call him up. His stats don't really give an indication. Eight points, 14 PIM, and an even +/-.

Thats a good way to look at it. I'm firmly in the camp of the longer the young guys stay in the minors, the better off they will be (of course, hopefull that will be less time than Luke Adam has been down there.)

Bottom line is...guy should not expect to be called up when they THINK they are playing better than someone at the bottom of the Roster who is already in Buffalo. They should get called up ONLY when they are playing so good that it is obvious they have a chance to be a LEGIT top 7-9 player on the Sabres and contribute right away.

If you don't make the team out of training camp as a young guy, they the way you get a call-up is by blowing everyones doors off in Rochester.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.