Sabres at Capitals 11-22-14 7PM

spndnchz

No doubt you expect the Sabres to not be able to keep this up. That said.. 3 game win streaks here or there are awesome.

The chemistry is beginning to show now. They are making less passes into the wrong place. Most of the time they look like they know what the rest of their teammates are doing.

They are competing with the middle of the pack teams right now and that's good.

3rd period trends continue....no offensive aggression, backing in too deep in their own end and too much standing around. This needs to be addressed.

I only caught the first period, the first two minutes of the second, and the last six minutes of the game, but in those last six minutes, the Sabres looked plenty aggressive.

EDIT the Corsi chart here tells me that we're both right; the Sabres were absolutely horrendous for most of the third and then picked it up at the end: http://hockeystats.ca/game/2014020301

Edited by Eleven

No doubt you expect the Sabres to not be able to keep this up. That said.. 3 game win streaks here or there are awesome.

The chemistry is beginning to show now. They are making less passes into the wrong place. Most of the time they look like they know what the rest of their teammates are doing.

They are competing with the middle of the pack teams right now and that's good.

It shouldn't be too far fetched to thing the Sabres can put together a respectable showing over the final 61 games. If the goal-tending holds up and the team stays healthy 25-30 wins over that span isn't out of the question. It could even be a bit better if players like Hodgson, Stewart and Foligno could show up offensively.

They're not Edmonton, they're the less talented version of Leafs. They are far outplaying their possession stats. It's unsustainable. They're gonna be in the hunt for DFL, but this kind of streak is great to teach the guys what it feels like to string some wins together. Keep that fire burning.

Very well put

Organ guy is having fun at least

Blech. He sounded sloppy, and almost never used the pedals. Was he playing a keyboard? /musicdouche off

Good to see our guys string a couple of wins together. Foligno had a good game, hope he can play another before disappearing or getting hurt. Mitchell was a warrior, great to see him get one.

Risto's hit. Wow.

3Qw4R9P.gif

wow

XlO5JU8.gif

Keep your head up, Mike.

With 20 seconds left in the game, my mom exclaimed "Oh my god! They might actually win this game!"

Edited by qwksndmonster

Blech. He sounded sloppy, and almost never used the pedals. Was he playing a keyboard? /musicdouche off

Good to see our guys string a couple of wins together. Foligno had a good game, hope he can play another before disappearing or getting hurt. Mitchell was a warrior, great to see him get one.

Risto's hit. Wow.

3Qw4R9P.gif

wow

XlO5JU8.gif

Keep your head up, Mike.

With 20 seconds left in the game, my mom exclaimed "Oh my god! They might actually win this game!"

I can't stop watching that hit. It gives me a crisis.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.