Do they cancel the Sabres/Sharks tomorrow? Nope.

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Heavy Lake Effect snows.

I'm just reading the forecast for WNY, and the they are calling for potential "thundersnow" in the snow band. This brings me right back to my last Buffalo snowstorm in 2000. I helped push car after car out of the lots at UB south campus,hearing that heavy thunder with the snow squalls was surreal. I'm sure most of the cars that I helped push out onto Bailey avenue that afternoon ended up stranded anyway. I was lucky and did make it home but only needed to get to Harlem road.

So what do you guys have coming your way tomorrow?

You're in for a treat when you experience your first southern snow storm.

Yeah. Thundersnow as well. It's by far the coolest weather phenomenon we get around here. Second only IMO to the 'desert tornado' things that happen in the southwest.

Here's the National Weather Service forecast for the Buffalo airport for perspective for the out of towners.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=buf&zmx=1&zmy=1&map_x=84&map_y=168&x=84&y=169

There was talk over the weekend that the city proper would get wacked and good.

The latest models seem to indicate that it's really South Buffalo and Lackawanna that are gonna get slammed (not unlike the I-190 storm of 2010) -- areas that are level with or north of the airport (so, basically Amherst and Ken-Ton) will probably just get some snow. That may mean that the downtown core gets a decent amount as well.

Last night my local (Ft Worth) Facebook friends were amazed at the light dusting of snow we got. This morning I read that Buffalo is supposed to get 2-3 feet of snow by Wednesday. If you're affected by the snow, please try to be safe and stay warm!

Like Donald Fagen says: "we've got provisions, and lots of beer, the key word is survival on the new frontier."

Like NG said, stay safe and warm peeps.

Yeah. Thundersnow as well. It's by far the coolest weather phenomenon we get around here. Second only IMO to the 'desert tornado' things that happen in the southwest.

Here's the National Weather Service forecast for the Buffalo airport for perspective for the out of towners.

http://forecast.weat...=168&x=84&y=169

we had thundersnow in Richmond last year,,,at 51 that was the first time i had ever experienced it.Way cool.

http://forecast.weat...=168&x=84&y=169

Oh man. I love thundersnow but it kinda scares me sometimes. Once when I was a wee lass, in mid november, we had a day that started out with snowy conditions/slush, upper 30s. By mid afternoon there was thundersnow and the temp was rising. By late evening (11 pm or so) we had rain and real thunder, with fog everywhere. It was the eeriest thing. By 3am, we had a tornado warning. 2 days later, after weird slush and lightning storms, it was snowing and 25 degrees.

Weather be crazy, yo.

There was actually the smallest amount in the air on friday morning. But yeah, I want my free day off, so I'm looking forward to it.

If there is much over 2-3" and the temp stays cold enough such that the roads can re-freeze overnight, then there's a good chance that a single snow event will get you several free days off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.