GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m., 11/8/14

Hoss

From that replay, it didn't seem like there was any malicious intent, it looked like a good game tap... If he gets suspended from that, then that official needs to change his tampon

Supposedly he was arguing an offsides call. The league hasn't commented on it so he should play tonight.

From that replay, it didn't seem like there was any malicious intent, it looked like a good game tap... If he gets suspended from that, then that official needs to change his tampon

Yeah, but there have been a couple of articles suggesting that the suspension might be automatic:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/tyler-ennis-could-face-suspension-for-linesman-stick-whack--video-151650302.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24789320/video-sabres-tyler-ennis-taps-ref-with-stick-gets-game-misconduct

hopefully he doesn't get the Carcillo treatment, it is buffalo tho.... I guess it really does depend on what he said tho.

I don't see how there's any defense for what Ennis did. Blue and gold blinders off. Ennis earns the automatic 10.

The context matters though, right? Say the Sabres were up 4-1 and the linesman is Ennis' old junior coach or something. There can be innocent contact, no?

Hi, Sybil, how're things today? ;)

Edited by Taro T

I don't see how there's any defense for what Ennis did. Blue and gold blinders off. Ennis earns the automatic 10.

Ten, really ? I can see getting 3 (not that I'd like it ), but 10 games is a little harsh. Not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do.

Edited by kishoph

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.