GDT: Edmonton vs Buffalo, 11/7/14, 7:00pm

wjag

Totally out of left field, but with EDM Goaltending not being up to par, could they be showcasing Neuvirth tonight?

In the last year or so, they gave up a 3rd for Scrivens and a 3rd and a 5th for Fasth. Not sure they are going to keep pissing away draft picks on middle of the road goaltenders.

Perhaps MacT prefers 101.

I just think the showcase idea is a fan based myth. Rumor mongers and website hacks try to generate interest to whatever BS they are promoting by using terms like "show casing". I don't know if GMs actually do such a thing.

Yeah, my instinct is that Neuvirth is more solid in net than Enroth. I think if Enroth had been goal-tending against Detroit and Montreal, they would have been zero-point losses.

Damn noy-virt the anti tank artillery!!

Oh, Nolan does want us to lose...

Don't kid yourself, Nolan has no idea what he's doing

Games like this really exemplifies how crazy this entire tank situation is. Today in the morning skate Nolan is getting the guys fired up and ready to win a hockey game. Meanwhile, everyone else in the organization from GMTM to TP is hoping for a loss. Seriously how could any player want to be a part of this organization? For that matter how could any coach with pride want to coach in this organization?

I agree with what you're saying. But scratching Strachan and not Meszaros to dress Benoit tells me Ted's in on it.

Okay, not really, but it sure seemed to me that Strachan earned another game a helluva lot more than Meszaros did.

In the last year or so, they gave up a 3rd for Scrivens and a 3rd and a 5th for Fasth. Not sure they are going to keep pissing away draft picks on middle of the road goaltenders.

That's a good point, but on the same token Scrivens and Fasth continue to piss away wins. MacT and Eakins are feeling the heat to turn things around in EDM or find themselves unemployed. If they realize goaltending is their achilles heel, they might get desperate and as GMTM puts it "Do something stupid"

I just think the showcase idea is a fan based myth. Rumor mongers and website hacks try to generate interest to whatever BS they are promoting by using terms like "show casing". I don't know if GMs actually do such a thing.

Actually some used too. My Dad and I were out at a restaurant and the only other people there at another table the Ottawa GM at the time Marshall Johnston, Jacque Martin, and some assistant coaches. We struck up a conversation with them and talked about a variety of hockey related topics. It was close to the trade deadline so I asked about he how determines which players to target and about showcasing players for trade. Johnston replied that some GMs will ask to make sure certain players are in the lineup on a given night. Whether this is still happens, who knows.

Is he back in the closet? (Very inside joke. Wonder if even Robviously remembers.)

Nice! How does he sound/look?

His voice is a bit shaky as expected, but still sounded strong, and he honestly looks pretty damn good for what he went through. He looked to me like he has been recovering and eating well. His hands were shaking noticeably though. Very inspiring words, saying that if he could beat that then anyone who faces a challenge like he did can pull through. I came in late but I also heard him say that as of now they believe him to be as cancer-free as they can assert at this time.

I want to check out Yak, RNH, hall and Eberle. See what type of players the Sabres may have on the way. Also, if a deal is made with them, maybe one comes back. Another key note from tonight's game, try to figure out what is wrong with them. It's probably glaringly obvious but I'd like to see it for myself.

Watching this ###### fest on first row sports and for some reason every feed is the Edmonton feed. Usually half the feeds are for one team and half for the other. Bad quality too but it still beats spending 160 bucks on center ice for what promises to be a terrible season.

Edited by Drunkard

Watching this ###### fest on first row sports and for some reason every feed is the Edmonton feed. Usually half the feeds are for one team and half for the other. Bad quality too but it still beats spending 160 bucks on center ice for what promises to be a terrible season.

Hope you have add-block if you're using first row, it's a nightmare without it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.