Empire Sports Network? Nope. "MSG Western New York"

MBHockey13

It says Murphy's show will be from 10am until 3pm in the article..but it also says Hockey Hotline will 'keep' its 10am to noon slot.  Obviously that can't work as there is overlap there.

Is it a mis-print or error in the article...with Murphy's show being noon to 3, and hockey hotline staying at 10-noon?  Or will Murphy get 10am-3 during football season (or at least training camp), and Hockey Hotline being off the air until the season starts?

It's a misprint in the article. Murph's show will take Rome's slot (12-3).

The new title being "MSG Western New York" with content coming from Rochester, too. I love this. I hope the Amerks and Bandits games will be involved and that we get very little NYC content (I imagine we'll still get Knicks games on Sabres off days).

The new title being "MSG Western New York" with content coming from Rochester, too. I love this. I hope the Amerks and Bandits games will be involved and that we get very little NYC content (I imagine we'll still get Knicks games on Sabres off days).

Best possible scenario. We don't have to worry about a lack of content, because any dead space can just be filled by NYC based stuff, and we don't have to deal with the station being the propaganda wing of PSE.

also from the article...

"Jeanneret has agreed to do play-by-play for as many as 40 games next season. Dan Dunleavy, whose original deal called for him to take over for Jeanneret in the 2017-18 season, will work the other 42 games."

also from the article...

"Jeanneret has agreed to do play-by-play for as many as 40 games next season. Dan Dunleavy, whose original deal called for him to take over for Jeanneret in the 2017-18 season, will work the other 42 games."

I believe 16-17 was to be Dunleavy's first full year. Rick was going to retire after this past season but changed his mind, as I had predicted he would.

Cool. Hopefully this deal allows them to build enough infrastructure to make a "resurected ESN" viable @ the end of this deal. Too bad Adelphia didn't accept the legit bid it got to keep Empire & WNSA going concerns. Would've saved us at least 25 years of "wandering around the desert." (Guess on the bright side @ least it might not be 40 years.)

When will the new programming air? October?

Good question. I wonder if it'll kick in this season or when the new deal kicks in (after this coming season). Maybe they tore up the last year to get this deal done... Hmmm...

It is a good question but seeing as how they've evidently built a studio at the Ralph and are hiring production people already this is happening now. Pick one of Sabres camp or Bills camp. I'm guessing Bills as it's earlier. That will be cool as Murphy's show will broadcast from camp I would think.

I still wish they would have just bought WBBZ though but whatever. If they change MSG to be a proper WNY channel for us then it's a win for us and them as someone pointed out.

Viva El Pegual!

Consider my interest piqued

There where some reports that the revamped John Murphy Show would begin broadcasting at TC.

Hopefully they start a weekly show with Bylsma and Brian Duff.

Disco Dan had a show on ROOT in Pittsburgh and it was hugely popular.

I want a Marty Biron show where he just talks about random stuff.

I want him and Wilmer Valderrama (as Fez) to host a talk show.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.