GDT:11-1-2014 Buffalo at Pittsburgh 7PM, MSG B WGR

Brawndo

When 20% (yeah I made that up) of your leagues goals deflect of shins, hinies, skates and elbows predicting the outcome of said contest is foolish.

This must mean that your 20% number falls within Woody's *47% of stats being made up on the spot* notion.

I anticipate a favourble result for the Sabres tonight. The shat is ours!!

The scoreboard app I use has Pittsburgh at -400. I haven't seen a line like that in a long time.

Also, I had assumed this was a home game. They have to travel overnight AND start a second game within 22 hours of the start of the first? Brutal.

This must mean that your 20% number falls within Woody's *47% of stats being made up on the spot* notion.

I anticipate a favourble result for the Sabres tonight. The shat is ours!!

ah yes, the 20 %fits perfectly within my theory!! Well played

We lose 6-1

and I'm being generous with giving us a goal

ah yes, the 20 %fits perfectly within my theory!! Well played

We lose 6-1

and I'm being generous with giving us a goal

I sat Tyler Myers. I could not afford a big negative +/- night in my hockey league.

My luck is this is the night he finally points.

Edited by wjag

The scoreboard app I use has Pittsburgh at -400. I haven't seen a line like that in a long time.

Also, I had assumed this was a home game. They have to travel overnight AND start a second game within 22 hours of the start of the first? Brutal.

Not a bettor here. Does that mean if I bet on the Pens I risk 400 dollars to try and win 100? Or, if I am looking to lose my lunch money, risk 100 dollars to try and win 400 on the Sabres?

Not a bettor here. Does that mean if I bet on the Pens I risk 400 dollars to try and win 100? Or, if I am looking to lose my lunch money, risk 100 dollars to try and win 400 on the Sabres?

Yeah. I'm tempted to go through Drane's gambling contest from last year to see if there was anything that lopsided. I don't think there was.

The quote will often be two numbers, like 380/400, because in your example the house would not get a cut. So the line would likely be bet 400 on the Pens to win 100, and 100 on the Sabres to win 380 (or whatever, depending on how much the house takes)

On preview, there was a Sharks game relatively early in the year (I was still playing) that everyone was excited about the line being high, and the Sabres won that one. I remember it being 330/350 or something like that.

For any chance tonight the Sabres need to stay out of the box. The Pens power play is running a 39.5% clip this season. That is a Playstation level percentage.

Here's hoping the Sabres can bog down the pens and frustrate them. There are some professional hockey players on the Sabres roster, tonight would be a good time for them to show up and prove it.

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres · 9m9 minutes ago

Morning Skate

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

Mitchell-Girgensons-Gionta

Foligno-Hodgson-Stewart

Deslauriers-McCormick-Flynn

Kaleta

Gorges/Myers

Weber/Strachan

Benoit/Ristolainen

Zadorov/Meszaros

Enroth and Neuvirth

Christ, this team sucks.

Pens win 8-1

Shots 56 to 12

Shots 56 to 12, Pittsburgh.

Sabres inexplicably win 2-1.

Mike Harrington picks fights with all the fans on Twitter.

It's gonna be a long night.

If they do end up with one of McEichel, how long before Harrington changes his tune and is singing the praises of how great it is to cover talent on the Sabres and these bad seasons where ultimately worth it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.