GDT: Boston vs Buffalo, 10/30/14, 7p

wjag

Bitch all you want.. the Canes are below the Sabres in the standings. People say, wait until they get their players back...yea... right.

Didn't watch the game.. had a good time catching up with someone at the bar tonight instead. The game was on to start, some satellite or TV issue and they put TNF on instead. I never noticed and never cared although I do recall thinking "Wow, they are up 2-1?" while on my way to the men's room.

This post also has no value.

Just saw that hit on Reinhart again on the local news. I think we were really lucky that he didn't get hurt on that because the Bruins player's shoulder connected squarely with his head. Maybe the visor softened the blow?

And OF COURSE it was a Bruin delivering a hit like that.

Myers is a mental midget...

- 3:30 to go in regulation, he takes a pass in his own zone, crosses the blue line skating up the middle of the ice, and without any pressure on him, ices the puck(it was not an errant pass)

- GWG, he is coming out from the corner, not only is the Marchand all alone in front of the net, but just as the pass is coming from behind the net to the rat, Myers is looking over his shoulder towards the boards. I kid you not. Watch the replay. WTF??

To all who think the Sabres are going to get a king's ransom in return for the marfan man if he is traded, you are dreamers.

The vision and playmaking ability just aren't there. I'm in the clear minority around here with that opinion, but I see what I see.

Myers didn't have a particularly bad game... I think some of you are trying to deflect from the fact that Hodgson was on the fourth line and all but invisible. When I did notice him, he was being rag-dolled on the walls in his own zone.

Who gave McCormick the prank sticks?

I was wondering something like that. They seem to explode at the top of his shot. :lol:

Just saw that hit on Reinhart again on the local news. I think we were really lucky that he didn't get hurt on that because the Bruins player's shoulder connected squarely with his head. Maybe the visor softened the blow?

And OF COURSE it was a Bruin delivering a hit like that.

that could have been bad.

I hate to sound positive but do we have two really good goalies on this team?

not sure, but we will see-a-plenty of shotson these boys to find out.

I don't know what it is.....and it almost sounds scriptural....but Stewart towing up with Lucic covers a multitude of sins.

The Chara-less Bruins certainly have a different profile. But I can say that this wasn't the ugliest we got outshot by 20 game I've seen.

Actually didn't think that the D played all that badly. Myers and Jorges.

Like Labatt.....Myers icing play around 3:30 had me choking on a little bit of whatever I ate before the game.. not a pizza log though.

Boy, I loved this game until Boston tied it, and then won in overtime! Disgusting. And why were the Sabres just letting Boston skate around in the Sabres zone with the puck, just before the OT game winning goal. It wasn't a power play - they were just letting Boston skate around their zone. No one on the Sabres line appeared interested in going after the puck. WTF??? If I were Nolan, I would have gone absolutely ballistic. Forget the 90 minute practice, next up is a 120 minute practice, ladies!!!!

Also, when Boston scored the 2nd goal, I thought Ristolainen didn't pursue and defend aggressively enough.

To all who think the Sabres are going to get a king's ransom in return for the marfan man if he is traded, you are dreamers.

I should add that as I said earlier this year, I think Myers lacks the hockey brain to be really good.

Forget the 90 minute practice, next up is a 120 minute practice, ladies!!!!

Also, when Boston scored the 2nd goal, I thought Ristolainen didn't pursue and defend aggressively enough.

More youtube videos but... AGAIN!

http://youtu.be/Bb-hWG3cHMQ

Myers is a mental midget...

- 3:30 to go in regulation, he takes a pass in his own zone, crosses the blue line skating up the middle of the ice, and without any pressure on him, ices the puck(it was not an errant pass)

- GWG, he is coming out from the corner, not only is the Marchand all alone in front of the net, but just as the pass is coming from behind the net to the rat, Myers is looking over his shoulder towards the boards. I kid you not. Watch the replay. WTF??

Marchant was Ennis' man on the play. Myers took his man into the boards

Marchant was Ennis' man on the play. Myers took his man into the boards

A defenseman's job is exactly that...the last line of DEFENSE. Chances are that the guy who he was chasing was not going to score from along the boards.

He was taking a look at the boards as the pass was coming to Marchand. You are okay with that?

Edited by LabattBlue

A defenseman's job is exactly that...the last line of DEFENSE. Chances are that the guy who he was chasing was not going to score from along the boards.

He was taking a look at the boards as the pass was coming to Marchand. You are okay with that?

:blink:

The confusion on that play was between the forwards, because they were exhausted. Myers did what he was supposed to be doing.

And on that icing, Myers had not reached the blue line. He tried to lob it out and it got away from him. It may have been boneheaded, but not as boneheaded as you made it out to be. And is an icing really that big a deal anyway?

I'll say it again. Myers played a great game last night.

The problem since last year are the forwards not backchecking and helping out the defense when needed, but i guess you are okay with that ?

Edited by Heimdall

I forgot to mention - I thought Stewart played VERY well last night. And him going toe to toe with that prick Lucic - awesome!!!!

First praise I've given to him. He seemed very blatantly apathetic in his first game here after the trade, and I've been kind of down on him. But he was clearly solid last night and deserving of respect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.