GDT:10-18-2014 Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres 7PM, MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Hope everyone is enjoying "The Tank." It's what you wanted, isn't it?

Nobody in their right mind could have wanted this. The league, players, coaches, and most importantly the fans. A professional sports franchise should not be allowed to operate like this. It is a complete embarrassment.

Sorry but I have zero faith in Pegula. That goes for him owning the Bills as well. He may have all the money in the world but so far he is freaking clueless as an owner.

A competitive owner who cant stand to lose at anything should not be able to tolerate this. Purposely building a team to suck for a few picks is for cowards. Terry Pegula you are a coward!!

Edited by sicknfla

Nobody in their right mind could have wanted this. The league, players, coaches, and most importantly the fans. A professional sports franchise should not be allowed to operate like this. It is a complete embarrassment.

Sorry but I have zero faith in Pegula. That goes for him owning the Bills as well. He may have all the money in the world but so far he is freaking clueless as an owner.

If this is why Pat LaFontaine left (Pat wanted to keep some guys, Murray wanted to dump them all) then I think Pat might have been right. You can rebuild, but you can't alienate your entire fan base by fielding an AHL-level team under a second rate coach.

BTW - the Amerks won again tonight, I see. Another goal for Grigorenko.

A competitive owner who cant stand to lose at anything should not be able to tolerate this. Purposely building a team to suck for a few picks is for cowards. Terry Pegula you are a coward!!

Is it just me, or does Terry Pegula sound dumber and dumber every time he opens his mouth. I love what's he's done for Buffalo, but he doesn't seem too bright. Certainly, not billionaire bright.

Edited by Tondas

I was once on a floor hockey team at the old American Indoor Street Hockey League that was so bad, we couldn't even get the ball. We were constantly under siege. One early Sunday morning, we lost to the championship team 33-0, due to the no slaughter rule.

I think you know where I'm going with this...sometimes there's no getting around sucking.

Whether anybody wanted the tank or not, how can you not expect this? How can anybody throw Pegual and Nolan under the bus based on the results? This team has TWENTY top two round picks in a 4 year span from 2013....... where did they all come from? By trading away talent. This was the plan. This is what happens when you have little talent on the ice. Don't blame the coach, don't blame the owner. People wanted a total rebuild based on what Darcy didn't do. This is what you get. Nolan can only do so much.

Whether anybody wanted the tank or not, how can you not expect this? How can anybody throw Pegual and Nolan under the bus based on the results? This team has TWENTY top two round picks in a 4 year span from 2013....... where did they all come from? By trading away talent. This was the plan. This is what happens when you have little talent on the ice. Don't blame the coach, don't blame the owner. People wanted a total rebuild based on what Darcy didn't do. This is what you get. Nolan can only do so much.

Exactly. Great post. This team is what it is at this point and frankly there's no turning back. Stay the course. It sucks that now we get all the ' i told you so's ' and finger pointing. Of course this is what happens when you rebuild with an eye on the future. Suck it up people.

I blame the owner because he never should have signed off on it. He had the final say.

Exactly. Great post. This team is what it is at this point and frankly there's no turning back. Stay the course. It sucks that now we get all the ' i told you so's ' and finger pointing. Of course this is what happens when you rebuild with an eye on the future. Suck it up people.

Okay, so, the math still doesn't work out. If half of those picks work out (which would be above average), that means we will only have TEN NHL players. Whether they are good NHL players is a whole other matter. We will still need to build a team somehow after getting all of those players,… after five ######in' years..

Comparing our tank to the Islanders of the past 5 years is BS. They have been a very entertaining team (while still losing) that could actually score. Our team has nothing,… absolutely nothing.

The tank is BS and has always been BS.

This sucks. Enjoy your turdburger Ted.

0 for 22 on the power play this season. :sick:

Not sure how they end the night, but they were only ranked 27th at the beginning of the game. This means there are a few others who also suck mightily with them.

Thoughts..

1. Drinking makes it all better.

2. Ristolainen looked the fool out there tonight. He can learn a lot from being knocked over, knocked around, and out of place tonight.

3. Mitchell whacks Svedberg's stick in the first. This is attitude. This is what they need to do. Mitchell also hustled fairly well tonight. I liked his play.

4. Deslauriers won't stop, move him up for more ice time, Mr. Foligno won't notice the demotion.

5. Myers did not have a great game, but he did actually cut to the net tonight.

6. Stewart played about as stupid as a player can. Looks like he's starting to mail it in in favor of a 1 year contract ANYWHERE next year.

7. Splitting up Benoit and Meszaros only serves to weaken two lines rather than eliminate one weakness.

8. Corsi ratings are clearly not weighted for shots on net.

9. Drinking makes it all better.

The comparisons to other tanks are pointless. They were likely unbearable for their fans, too. We didn't watch them for 82 games. We wouldn't know.

I live down here and watched a lot of their games. They were never this bad and it's not even close.

Sure sign of puck possession problems?

Martin Biron@martybiron43 2m2 minutes ago

I've rarely seen a goalie do this while the play is at the other end. Seems to be working for Svedberg tonight.

B0RZk8OIYAAVfYW.jpg

Unbelievable. The Sabres really are this bad that a backup goalie can just lounge out there. I'm surprised someone didn't bring a coffee and a cruller out there and set atop the net for him to.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.