GDT:10-18-2014 Boston Bruins at Buffalo Sabres 7PM, MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Murray the Tank Commander is a genius!

This team is scary bad. They can't get enough shots to score and they are worse than last year. I actually thought they would be better but it obvious they are much worse. I can't believe I spent money to watch them in Anaheim and in Los Angeles. I don't know if they will even score in either one of those games.

So here's my question to u fans. Who is the first roster player to get traded?

Couldn't agree with you more. :doh:

That's why Kim runs the show !

I just thought we would see more from players such as Grigs, Zadorov and Samson. I was expecting just as many losses but much more entertaining hockey. This is just plain painful and boring.

I thought they would be alittle bit better than last year but I was wrong this team is worse than last years squad.

Question to the season ticket holders - when/if do you stop going? Even though your stuck with the ticket it is still an expense to go to a game. When is enough enough? Not that it really matters at this point but i would love to see that place half empty every night.

Ownership and management do not deserve the support they have been given.

In another WTF moment Lupul actually said something nice about Buffalo

Mark Masters @markhmasters · 4m4 minutes ago

Lupul on atmosphere at Joe: "It's fun. It's probably better energy than we get back in Toronto. It's nice when we're here or in Buffalo."

You do know he's saying that because of the large amount of Toronto fans in the F'NC, right? :unsure:

Couldn't agree with you more. :doh:

I know, he's sounding the same as he did the first time he opened his pie hole.

Just to let everyone know, I watched the amerks today instead of the sabres and it was great. Rochester can pass the puck. Grigs and Armia are looking great thus far, and carrier is having a nice quiet start to his pro career. But anyways, if you have the chance, watch that team instead of this eam, its actually enjoyable.

In another WTF moment Lupul actually said something nice about Buffalo

Mark Masters @markhmasters · 4m4 minutes ago

Lupul on atmosphere at Joe: "It's fun. It's probably better energy than we get back in Toronto. It's nice when we're here or in Buffalo."

that's because all the energy comes from Toronto fans in the building. The atmosphere for the rest of the games is the worst in Sabres history.

Exactly. Great post. This team is what it is at this point and frankly there's no turning back. Stay the course. It sucks that now we get all the ' i told you so's ' and finger pointing. Of course this is what happens when you rebuild with an eye on the future. Suck it up people.

I think this is what infuriates people more than anything. Not only is the team awful, and they disagree with the approach...but there's that sinking realization that there is no quick fix to this.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

This is a telling time for GMTM. If he is serious about competing for a playoff spot and not tanking, he has to make a trade. Getting shut out twice in your building necessitates this. He's not going to fire TN. So who he trades will be interesting. He needs to hit the "core" (I know, bad phrase) to show he is serious. Someone like Stafford, Ennis or Myers. Anyone else and it's just a token "shake up" trade and shows he's into the tank.

You do know he's saying that because of the large amount of Toronto fans in the F'NC, right? :unsure:

Yes Ink, I do realize that.

After this tweet from a few years ago its ironic to hear him say something positive about Buffalo even if its about the fact the Leaf Fans fill FNC for Toronto Games.

https://twitter.com/JLupul/status/147431807003004929

This is a telling time for GMTM. If he is serious about competing for a playoff spot and not tanking, he has to make a trade. Getting shut out twice in your building necessitates this. He's not going to fire TN. So who he trades will be interesting. He needs to hit the "core" (I know, bad phrase) to show he is serious. Someone like Stafford, Ennis or Myers. Anyone else and it's just a token "shake up" trade and shows he's into the tank.

He did speak of competing for a playoff berth. We'll see if that talk was a smokescreen.

The only thing a trade would accomplish right now is doing the guy you traded a favor by getting him the hell out of here. I am all for making a few moves but nothing is going to get this team close to "competing for a playoff spot".

Stewart and Stafford might get you a pick and a prospect. Yippee. A package of Myers/Hodgson is the type of deal i want to see.

Edited by sicknfla

Serious about what. He's all for finishing at the bottom. Yes this team is unwatchable and worse than last season but why change now. It's McDavid or Eichel getting closer in the picture.

I think this is what infuriates people more than anything. Not only is the team awful, and they disagree with the approach...but there's that sinking realization that there is no quick fix to this.

That's because there isn't a quick fix to much in pro sports. It usually takes hitting bottom and a little luck in the draft. That takes time. Even the open check book Yankees are feeling the pinch of not developing their own.

The only thing a trade would accomplish right now is doing the guy you traded a favor by getting him the hell out of here. I am all for making a few moves but nothing is going to get this team close to "competing for a playoff spot".

Moving picks/prospects for players would surely get help now, but not enough for anything meaningful at this point. So yeah, this team is basically a total lost cause until at least next UFA signing day.

I agree it would do some of the other players a favor by getting out of Buffalo. I think if anyone gets moved it's going to be players with expiring contracts. Stewart, Stafford, Mezaros, Benoit. Possibly Hodgson.

It's looking like the rebuild is going into 2015-16 season. Even if u get McDavid or Eichel their is no guarantee that Eichel comes out of college early and the rest of the players we draft are gonna need more time to develop. Plus now with the draft being hosted by Buffalo in 2016 I think their is no way Murray moves that first rounder.

Serious about what. He's all for finishing at the bottom. Yes this team is unwatchable and worse than last season but why change now. It's McDavid or Eichel getting closer in the picture.

As good of players as they are I am sick of hearing their name. Not only that but can you imagine the expectation these guys will have if one comes here. Everything for the last two years has revolved around these guys. How will the 29 teams that don't get one of these 2 ever survive?

I know it's the nature of internet chat boards to overreact to everything so it's probably unfair for me to bring this up...but I will anyway.

I remember people demanding this team be blown up and rebuilt after suffering the "indignity" of ninth place finishes. People really thought you could crash a team into a pile of pillows. That we'd wind up with a team of spunky lovable scamps who would play hard every night but fall just short but we'd love 'em anyway.

Well this genetically modified puppy has morphed into a Frankenstein's monster. A grotesque mess that we are stuck with for years.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.