Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Current standings through games played 1/3.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 39 22 8 9 53

Carolina 38 23 11 4 50

Buffalo 40 23 14 3 49

New Jersey 41 20 14 7 47

Philadelphia 39 18 14 7 43

Arizona 38 19 15 4 42

Colorado 38 15 15 8 38

Columbus 36 18 16 3 37

Ottawa 37 14 16 7 35

Dallas 37 14 18 5 33

That was a big night for Buffalo. Starting to try and separate themselves and make it a three-horse race. Two HUGE games coming up against New Jersey and Carolina. Two straight regulation wins would be enormous.

Carolina hosts Boston

Ottawa hosts Tampa

Dallas goes to Chicago

Columbus heads to Colorado in a big potential one-pointer

Edmonton hosts the Isles

It's time for the big boys to come out and play/be traded.

Beautiful. I'll be at the huge CHL tilt here in Carolina this week. All raping, pillaging and baby eating is officially suspended for the 14/15 CHL season.

Blasphemy!!!! The raping and pillaging of the young may never be suspended, even in the darkest of ages, and this is all part of gaining the shart

Upcoming Schedules for the top 3 in the CHL. Out of Buffalo, Carolina, and Edmonton, the Oilers have the tougher schedule, but the Sabres play on the road a ton this month. 5 match ups against CHL opponents for Buffalo too, this could be a make/break stretch.

Buffalo:

=> Home Record: 10-10-2

=> Away Record: 4-13-1

=> @NJ, @Carolina, @TB, Detroit, Minnesota, Philly, @Detroit, @Calagary, @Edmonton, @Vancouver

Carolina:

=> Home Record: 8-8-2

=> Away Record: 4-15-2

=> @Nashville, Buffalo, @St.Louis, Colorado, Vancouver, @Ottawa, @Toronto, TB, St.Louis, @NYR

Edmonton:

=> Home Record: 6-12-2

=> Away Record: 2-10-7

=> Detroit, Chicago, Florida, @St.Louis, @TB, @Florida, @Washington, Minnesota, Buffalo, @Calagary

Oilers, Hurricanes, and Blue Jackets all lose today. Great day for the CHL

Current standings through games played 1/4.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 40 22 9 9 53

Carolina 39 23 12 4 50

Buffalo 40 23 14 3 49

New Jersey 41 20 14 7 47

Philadelphia 39 18 14 7 43

Arizona 38 19 15 4 42

Colorado 39 16 15 8 40

Columbus 37 17 17 3 37

Ottawa 38 15 16 7 37

Dallas 38 14 18 6 34

No games tonight. Which sets up a rare full slate of CHL action on Tuesday.

Tuesday includes 2 potential 1 pointers: Sabres in the swamps of Joisey and Otters in Filadelphia. If all goes well, Sabres could be in 2nd only 2 points out of 1st. Worst case, 6 points out and still in 3rd.

Beautiful. I'll be at the huge CHL tilt here in Carolina this week. All raping, pillaging and baby eating is officially suspended for the 14/15 CHL season.

Oh crap, it's this week? I hope I can scrape together the free time to get out there and eat a baby.

What a great weekend for the CHL and the Sabres. On another note, McDavid surpassed Crosby's totals last night for an U18 in the World Junior Tournament and tied Mario Lemieux - the race is on!

Even though no CHL teams are in action, I'm rooting hard for Winnipeg. St. Louis has the 3rd spot in the Central division right now with Winnipeg right on their tail. Winnipeg catching them would be excellent for our other draft pick.

Edited by SabresFuture

I just find it fascinating that all of the comments on relying on the stats to drive results has finally shown true, as the Sabres are performing recently in line with what the statistical indicators show.

Enroth did not maintain his Hasek like performance and has egressed significantly with multiple 5 goal games allowed.

Sabres scoring has gone back to ~1 goal per game after the winning streak where they scored nearly 3.

Shot differential continues to be incredibly lobsided in favor of the opposition.

Have no fear, the Sabres as still a very bad team and in the running for CHL champion/shart.

I just find it fascinating that all of the comments on relying on the stats to drive results has finally shown true, as the Sabres are performing recently in line with what the statistical indicators show.

Analytics aside.... if you want to know who will finish last in the NHL, just look at team Goal Differential for past seasons. The team with the worst goal differential has finished last 15 out of the last 16 seasons. The only exception being 07-08 when ATL finished a league worst -56, yet had 5 more points than both TB (-44) and and LA (-35). Buffalo currently is worst at -59, a whopping 12 goals worse than Edmonton.

If the Sabres keep up this pace (-1.475/gm), they'll finish -121. You would have to go all they way back to the 99-00 season to find a team with a worse goal diff (the expansion Atlanta Thrasher, -143). And if you want to exclude expansion years, you'd have to back to the 93-94 which saw Ottawa log a -196 in just their second season in the NHL.

What really blows my mind is that ANA is only a +5 in goal diff, yet they sit atop the NHL with 58 points. How is that even possible?

Whither Mike Harrington and his smug Tweets about how #fancystats can't possibly tell, or essentially capture, the story of this team (or any team, for that matter) -- since those are things that only his enlightened and agile mind can discern and then relate to the unwashed masses?

Ugh. I don't follow the guy, but his content occasionally gets RT'd into my Twitter feed. When the Sabres were winning a bunch of games, he could barely contain himself. Actually - no - he did not contain himself.

Tank on!

Whither Mike Harrington and his smug Tweets about how #fancystats can't possibly tell, or essentially capture, the story of this team (or any team, for that matter) -- since those are things that only his enlightened and agile mind can discern and then relate to the unwashed masses?

Ugh. I don't follow the guy, but his content occasionally gets RT'd into my Twitter feed. When the Sabres were winning a bunch of games, he could barely contain himself. Actually - no - he did not contain himself.

Tank on!

Now that we're losing again, he's still lecturing anyone who is pro-Tank but he's also saying he picked the Sabres to finish 29th. So basically he has the moral high ground for predicting the Sabres will finish where the pro-Tank fans are *hoping* they'll finish. Or something. He's really splitting hairs at this point to say the Tank is bad and that he's better than those fans. I think Reinhart's play at the WJC rattled him.

Now that we're losing again, he's still lecturing anyone who is pro-Tank but he's also saying he picked the Sabres to finish 29th. So basically he has the moral high ground for predicting the Sabres will finish where the pro-Tank fans are *hoping* they'll finish. Or something. He's really splitting hairs at this point to say the Tank is bad and that he's better than those fans. I think Reinhart's play at the WJC rattled him.

Exactly. Mike's arguments have confused me a few times, at this point I think he's just trying to be a good troll. He proclaimed at the beginning of the season that you are a terrible fan if you root for tanking. Then, he complained that even if we got McDavid, who would be put around him? When the Sabres went on the little streak there, he started saying that we actually have enough talent to root for. Now that we're struggling again, he said that his original prediction was that we would finish 29th, but that it's different than tanking.

I don't understand how he doesn't comprehend the mindset. OK, I agree, we will finish between 28-30. The way our roster is constructed is terrible. So much so, that at best, we have a minuscule chance of a playoff birth. Therefore, I'd rather finish 30th than 24th because this draft has players that are considered generational. In a normal year, tanking is beneficial (who doesn't want Taylor Hall?), but in a year like this, we times it just right!

Wait, now Bucky has attacked the status of McDavid and Eichel as generational. Despite every scout and every NHL talent evaluator saying the same thing. Could they fail to live up to the hype? Sure, anyone could. But I rather want to take a chance on one of them, who have been universally praised, then the 7th ranked guy.