Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I am more nervous about the next 4-5 games than I would be about a playoff series....

These games are freaking HUGE... Lose them all and we might be in prime position to take a young superstar who can lead our team for a decade.

Screw up and win against the Oilers and/or Devils and we could end up with the draft version of a fruit basket while two other teams get the nice sparkly prizes

so are you now more giddy and thrilled than you would be at a 3-0 playoff lead too?

Current standings through games played 1/6.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 41 23 9 9 55

Carolina 40 24 12 4 52

Buffalo 41 24 14 3 51

New Jersey 42 20 15 7 47

Arizona 39 20 15 4 44

Philadelphia 40 18 15 7 43

Colorado 40 16 16 8 40

Ottawa 39 15 16 8 38

Columbus 38 17 18 3 37

Dallas 39 15 18 6 36

Tomorrow's slate features four games but zero Carrion teams in action. Two of three nights with zero Carrion games.

Thursday features a huge bout between #2 and 3 as Buffalo travels to the friendly confines of an arena infested by people who root for a team named after a natural disaster... Hello, Carolina. Time for some revenge of 2006. AM I RIGHT?

Also on Thursday's schedule is Philly hosting Washington, Dallas heading to Bashville, Mini-soda hosting the Hawks, one-pointer Ottawa in Colorado and Phoenix hosting Winnipeg.

Edited by Tank

Next game against CAR is absolutley gimongous.

EDM picking up the win by giving up the losing goal with 30s remaining in the third.

CAR gives up 3 goals in the third to win another 1 goal game... Unreal that team in one goal games they're almost unbeatable.

The Hockey Gods have not smiled on either of those teams yet this season. Hopefully they have better puck luck down the stretch when it really matters.

Interesting fodder for the McEichel or bust crowd.

An under-publicized tank is the one embarked on by the Florida Panthers around 2009.

Like the Sabres, they shipped off established talent for multiple draft picks and a chance to pick high in the first round.

In the past five drafts, they have had seven thirds, seven seconds and seven firsts, including four picks in the top three overall.

And you can draw a lot of parallels in the first-round players they've taken to the ones we have assembled:

Ekblad/Ristolainen

Barkov/our top pick this year

Huberdeau/Reinhart

Gudbranson/Zadorov

Bjugstad/Girgensons

Howden/Grigorenko

Matheson/Pysyk

So far, they have very little to show from all their seconds and thirds.

More details here:

http://www.hockeydb....dr00005763.html

Edited by dudacek

Current standings through games played 1/6.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 41 23 9 9 55

Carolina 40 24 12 4 52

Buffalo 41 24 14 3 51

New Jersey 42 20 15 7 47

Arizona 39 20 15 4 44

Philadelphia 40 18 15 7 43

Colorado 40 16 16 8 40

Ottawa 39 15 16 8 38

Columbus 38 17 18 3 37

Dallas 39 15 18 6 36

Tomorrow's slate features four games but zero Carrion teams in action. Two of three nights with zero Carrion games.

Thursday features a huge bout between #2 and 3 as Buffalo travels to the friendly confines of an arena infested by people who root for a team named after a natural disaster... Hello, Carolina. Time for some revenge of 2006. AM I RIGHT?

Also on Thursday's schedule is Philly hosting Washington, Dallas heading to Bashville, Mini-soda hosting the Hawks, one-pointer Ottawa in Colorado and Phoenix hosting Winnipeg.

I think you meant Arizona.

An under-publicized tank is the one embarked on by the Florida Panthers

Good insight, and yet another sobering reminder of what a perilous path the team is on.

Who's our man here who lervs him some Panther power? There's someone here who's been beating that drum, notwithstanding Fla's failure to rise.

I actually think Florida is not that far off, or at least definitely trending upward.

I think the most notable things there are how long it is taking, how much of a crapshoot the second and third rounds are, and the fact that their four highest picks have yet to become impact guys.

Those of us (including me) expecting to be semi-competitive next year might be need to buy more patience.

Most of you guys likely follow the rest of the league closer than I do, but how has Florida done with FA, trades for NHL established talent and spending to the cap? This is something I'm assuming the Sabres will move towards after this season (the tank) is over, and I don't think is as realistic for other teams.

They don't have the money Pegula has but they haven't been afraid to make moves.

Campbell and Luongo have been their two big ticket trade acquisitions.

Signed Jokinen, Bolland and Mitchell last year and similar guys other years.

They don't have the money Pegula has but they haven't been afraid to make moves.

Campbell and Luongo have been their two big ticket trade acquisitions.

Signed Jokinen, Bolland and Mitchell last year and similar guys other years.

Was money picked up by Chicago/Vancouver in either of those trades?

Not a perfect night for the Sabres, but still pretty good. We didn't gain ground on Edmonton or Carolina, but we didn't lose ground either. Plus, Colorado, Columbus, Philly, NJ, and Ottawa continued to gain points, which is creating separation.

Those last five teams aren't gaining points in this thread. We are.

If we really want to get to the bottom as quickly as possible, I say bring back the sieve-like Lalime as a goalie, or equivalent. The only thing keeping us from being mind-bogglingly bad is good net-minding by Enroth and Neuvirth.

By the way, ISS released their latest rankings and I think it's great news for the Sabres. Obviously I am hoping that we beat out Edmonton and Carolina to finish 30th and get McEichel, but in case we are all disappointed and we have the 3rd pick, a forward has now eclipsed Hanifin, at least for ISS: (Lawson Crouse)

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/