Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

If Minnesota has a first round pick I could see a deal for Enroth happening. He honestly could be a very solid starter. The kid works really hard on his game and keeps proving ppl wrong. Will he win a Vezina? no, but he could win you a cup.

Maybe a conditional 2nd Rounder that becomes a First if they qualify for the playoffs?

I want them all!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA

This draft so do I!!

If Minnesota has a first round pick I could see a deal for Enroth happening. He honestly could be a very solid starter. The kid works really hard on his game and keeps proving ppl wrong. Will he win a Vezina? no, but he could win you a cup.

Woah woah WOAH. First rounder? Enroth a cup-caliber goaltender?

Maybe a conditional 2nd Rounder that becomes a First if they qualify for the playoffs?

This draft so do I!!

If I had to value Jhonas I would say 1st round pick. I think that price is high but there isn't a reason not to ask for a lot.

The most likely scenario for a conditional would probably be 1st if he re-signs.

Woah woah WOAH. First rounder? Enroth a cup-caliber goaltender?

Yes, Enroth with a real team in front of him could take a team into the playoffs and possibly win a cup. He is good enough to provide a stable .915% sv which is roughly what you need to win. MINN has enough scoring but GT and defense are some weaknesses.

Their goaltending stats, with the exception of losses, are more in the middle. My worry is may cause a few critical losses, Enroth may need to move and bought back in the offseason.

This season, there is no middle ground allowed in gunning for the Shart. You must be near the top of your game or go home. Hope GMTM realizes this.

If I had to value Jhonas I would say 1st round pick. I think that price is high but there isn't a reason not to ask for a lot.

The most likely scenario for a conditional would probably be 1st if he re-signs.

Yes, Enroth with a real team in front of him could take a team into the playoffs and possibly win a cup. He is good enough to provide a stable .915% sv which is roughly what you need to win. MINN has enough scoring but GT and defense are some weaknesses.

I guess the way I am looking at it is, the Sabres are so close to obtaining a generational talent that will set them up for the next 10 to 15 years. Enroth might steal a few games again and put that into jeopardy with the teams being so close right now. If you have set a price on him of a first rounder but can only get a second or third in return, I would make that deal now to increase or guarantee the chances of finishing DFL.

I guess the way I am looking at it is, the Sabres are so close to obtaining a generational talent that will set them up for the next 10 to 15 years. Enroth might steal a few games again and put that into jeopardy with the teams being so close right now. If you have set a price on him of a first rounder but can only get a second or third in return, I would make that deal now to increase or guarantee the chances of finishing DFL.

Oh I got ya. That makes sense. If you just wanted to unload our best GT I bet you could do it fairly easily for a 2nd round pick. MINN is especially desperate.

I heard the Total corsi discussion on WGR this morning. I'm wondering how reliable of a stat that is? Carolina was something like 80, Toronto was the second lowest at around -400, Buffalo was -910. I think they mentioned some others that I can't recall. Carolina is 29th but has a positive total corsi and Toronto is a playoff contender with the second lowest total corsi number. Anomalies? Not reliable? Needs to play out over a season.

Every year you can look at the standings and find a couple of teams that don't conform to where possession stats say they should be; doesn't mean the stats are without value. Your last sentence is spot on, and I'd go as far to say that you need at least a full season for things to play out. Colorado greatly exceeded their possession numbers last season in the standings on the back of a career year from Varlamov, but those results obviously have not sustained themselves to this season. With respect to Toronto, they may appear to be a playoff contender, but they're on a clear downward trajectory and I'd be shocked if they ended up in the 7-9 spot.

Every year you can look at the standings and find a couple of teams that don't conform to where possession stats say they should be; doesn't mean the stats are without value. Your last sentence is spot on, and I'd go as far to say that you need at least a full season for things to play out. Colorado greatly exceeded their possession numbers last season in the standings on the back of a career year from Varlamov, but those results obviously have not sustained themselves to this season. With respect to Toronto, they may appear to be a playoff contender, but they're on a clear downward trajectory and I'd be shocked if they ended up in the 7-9 spot.

Yep. Post '05, TO is always an aberration. Quick out of the gate and then downhill all the way in the backstretch. The only reason they got in after the lockout was they didn't have time for their swoon. Though they did have just enough of game 7 left to pull it off in the 1st round that year.

So after tonight every team but Columbus will be at 40 games. It's almost time for another shakeup. I think it's time to bring in the Leafs based on their situation and corsi numbers alone. Second worst Corsi (or second best :P ) in the league. If they were in right now they would be tied at second to last with Columbus (37 points). They play Columbus tomorrow night.

So after tonight every team but Columbus will be at 40 games. It's almost time for another shakeup. I think it's time to bring in the Leafs based on their situation and corsi numbers alone. Second worst Corsi (or second best :P ) in the league. If they were in right now they would be tied at second to last with Columbus (37 points). They play Columbus tomorrow night.

4 games under 0.500. They're not quite ready my young Padawan. Game 50 and they'll likely be ripe (on soooo many levels).

But, as promised earlier, now that Buffalo has hit the 1/2 way point, I'm adding MPP (maximim possible points) & PTC (points to clinch title outright). I might add PTE (points to elimination from title) for the final quarter.

Current standings through games played into 1/8.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP - PR - RPTC

Edmonton 41 23 9 9 55 137 82 80

Buffalo 42 25 14 3 53 133 80 82

Carolina 41 24 13 4 52 134 82 83

New Jersey 43 21 15 7 49 127 78 86

Arizona 39 20 15 4 44 130 86 91

Philadelphia 40 18 15 7 43 127 84 92

Colorado 40 16 16 8 40 124 84 95

Ottawa 39 15 16 8 38 124 86 97

Columbus 38 17 18 3 37 125 88 98

Dallas 39 15 18 6 36 122 86 99

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

PR = Points Remaining

RPTC = Remaining Points needed to Clinch 1st Place (will necessarily be > than PR for all (w/ likely exception of team currently in 1st)

Standings current through Joisey & Sabres' games.