Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

They'll probably swing back into more winning than losing. After that swing, I would think there'd be enough data where the stats will accurately predict where the Sabres will fall at the end of the season.

They'll probably swing back into more winning than losing. After that swing, I would think there'd be enough data where the stats will accurately predict where the Sabres will fall at the end of the season.

Of the slightly more than 4 - 10 game segments remaining, they'll probably slink through a couple of CHL 7-2-1 segments, a 2-7-1 segment (which averages out to essentially 18-12) and if that last segment is above 0.500 they've got a real shot at the shart.

I can't believe how much I love Buffalo sports and here I will be, wanting them to lose to NJ and the Canes with equal passion of winning a playoff game.

I see nothing incongruent with loving Buffalo sports and wanting to win the CHL championship. How can a true Sabres fan not want the spoils that accompany the Shart?

Should the Sabres pull this off, and claim the CHL crown, to whom shall we award the sHart Memorial Trophy? Now there's a poll.

Is Andre Benoit an early favorite?

FTR, I am admittedly wishy washy on the tank. I've found myself soundly in both the pro and anti tank ranks. More often than not, though, I find myself limp and crying imagining the sound of "And with the 9th over all pick, the Buffalo Sabres select ....".

You must give yourself over completely to the way of the carrion. Bask in the putrid stench. Only then can you truly celebrate the joyful, wild ride that is the race for the shart.

My dog does this frequently. Judging by how happy he is when he comes in smelling like God-only-knows-what that he rolled in then we would do good to embrace the foul smelling stench that is coming from this teams play.

Watching the Juniors tournament over holiday changed my mind, the Draft class coming is stacked with solid players (and some of our younguns coming up through the system should pan out). We would do good to get one or more on the team and NHL ready.

Go CHL sabres!

Should the Sabres pull this off, and claim the CHL crown, to whom shall we award the sHart Memorial Trophy? Now there's a poll.

Is Andre Benoit an early favorite?

FTR, I am admittedly wishy washy on the tank. I've found myself soundly in both the pro and anti tank ranks. More often than not, though, I find myself limp and crying imagining the sound of "And with the 9th over all pick, the Buffalo Sabres select ....".

The shart is the trophy for the CHL champion and what we are striving for. Benoit would be in line for the CHL equivalent of the Norris or Hart but I'm not sure if those were ever officially named. Perhaps it's time for some mid-season CHL awards?

Taylor Hall thinks the Oilers will have a stronger second half.

"I know we're in last place, but I can't see us finishing the season in last place, it just won't happen," Hall said. The Oilers are feeling optimistic right now because they've gone 2-0-2 in their last four contests. That's not bad, but it's hardly cause for celebration or a long enough stretch of success to read too much into. Edmonton also had a four-game winning streak earlier this season, but that was drowned out by 11 and nine-game losing streaks. Perhaps the Oilers will do better going forward, but they are hard to believe in at this time.

Source: Edmonton Sun

Taylor Hall thinks the Oilers will have a stronger second half.

"I know we're in last place, but I can't see us finishing the season in last place, it just won't happen," Hall said. The Oilers are feeling optimistic right now because they've gone 2-0-2 in their last four contests. That's not bad, but it's hardly cause for celebration or a long enough stretch of success to read too much into. Edmonton also had a four-game winning streak earlier this season, but that was drowned out by 11 and nine-game losing streaks. Perhaps the Oilers will do better going forward, but they are hard to believe in at this time.

Source: Edmonton Sun

They've been on a bit of a CHL slump lately. Hopefully Hall backs his prediction w/ his play. The Candy Canes having a pair of healthy Staals puts the Sabres in the driver's seat down the back stretch if they can take care of business the next couple of road stops.

They've been on a bit of a CHL slump lately. Hopefully Hall backs his prediction w/ his play. The Candy Canes having a pair of healthy Staals puts the Sabres in the driver's seat down the back stretch if they can take care of business the next couple of road stops.

Near term the Sabres may lose some ground to the Oil who play 4 of their next 5 against DET, CHI, STL, and TBL. However, the Feb/Mar schedule is highly favorable for BUF to move up the standings with only 4 home games in the month of March. Likewise, EDM has a 6 game homestand in March (7 total at home) against the likes of CBJ, PHI, COL, and DAL. I fully expect BUF to have their hands of stone firmly wrapped around The Shart trophy by April 1st.

I don't know, man. Pepsi products? In the South?

It's not as though that's in Atlanta. Lotsa northern-types making their homes down that (Carolina) way now.

(But I hear you. I went on the tour of the World of Coke in Atlanta back in the early 90s. It was then that I came to understand the Coke/South thing. I did not get it when the girl I was 'a courting in college - from Texas via Mississippi - ordered a "Coke" at some diner, and then specified she wanted an "orange soda" Coke.)

Edited by That Aud Smell

I am more nervous about the next 4-5 games than I would be about a playoff series....

These games are freaking HUGE... Lose them all and we might be in prime position to take a young superstar who can lead our team for a decade.

Screw up and win against the Oilers and/or Devils and we could end up with the draft version of a fruit basket while two other teams get the nice sparkly prizes

I am more nervous about the next 4-5 games than I would be about a playoff series....

These games are freaking HUGE... Lose Win them all and we might be in prime position to take a young superstar who can lead our team for a decade.

Screw up and win lose against the Oilers and/or Devils and we could end up with the draft version of a fruit basket while two other teams get the nice sparkly prizes

Fixed for CHL.

These games are freaking HUGE... Lose them all and we might be in prime position to take a young superstar who can lead our team for a decade.

Screw up and win against the Oilers and/or Devils and we could end up with the draft version of a fruit basket while two other teams get the nice sparkly prizes

:rolleyes:

I hope this is a joke :P

Edited by Randall Flagg