Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I love this thread. I just have to keep reminding myself: a win is loss and a loss is a win.

Are we going to have a Hart award equivalent for the Carrion League?

Definitely. Mezsaros and Benoit are early candidates from the Sabres. Not sure who's stepping up on the other rosters, but they'll out themselves eventually.

Current standings through games played 10/15.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 4 3 0 1 7

Buffalo 4 3 1 0 6

Florida 3 2 0 1 5

Carolina 3 2 0 1 5

Calgary 5 2 3 0 4

Winnipeg 3 2 1 0 4

Arizona 3 0 2 1 1

NY I 3 0 3 0 0

Arizona showing that early on they are having difficulty hanging w/ the league leaders. Edmonton vaults to the league lead w/ a commanding performance. They jumped all over the opening the Sabres left them the night before in Carolina.

Nearly 1/2 the NHL is playing tonight, but only 2 CHL squads hit the ice. Greater NYC is the site for both tilts. The Isles have an excellent opportunity to FINALLY get on the board as the low swimming Snarks land on the Island. The Candy Canes will be playing a Rags squad that emphatically said they want IN 2 nights earlier against Garth's group. Rags could seal the deal and gain entry into the CHL if they can finally make the Canes suffer that 1st W.

We have early leads on the Sulky Award.....(think Selke) the Carrion League's most incompetent defensive forward.

Early leaders include Edmonton's Nail Yakupov and David Perron....both -5 after 4 games.

The Oil writer on Hockeybuzz writes the early MVP favorite is Dallas Eakins.

http://www.hockeybuz...Games/191/63101

I see Eakins and Nolan battling it out for the Jack Dammit coach of the year award.

Edited by X. Benedict

We have early leads on the Sulky Award.....(think Selke) the Carrion League's most incompetent defensive forward.

Early leaders include Edmonton's Nail Yakupov and David Perron....both -5 after 4 games.

I see Eakins and Nolan battling it out for the Jack Dammit coach of the year award.

I thought it was the Gomez Addams award?

We will have to consult with the league board on this, the Jack Hoff sounds very prestigious. Great idea.

Me likey.

The CHL's version of the Hart absolutely has to be the Leino, He pioneered the position.

How the #### do you pioneer something 30 years after the original?

Seeing as this is a Sabres related board, I'd suggest it be named the Buddy in honor of Real 'Buddy' Cloutier. His arrival coincided w/ the start of a 10 year stretch of not getting past the 1st round in an era where over 3/4 of all teams made the playoffs.

Can we have a trophy for the rookie making the biggest contribution to the cause?

It could be called the Kryukov-Heisten-Zagrapan-Cooper-Savage Memorial Trophy — or the Titanic for short.

(I thought the Dudacek was a tad too self-serving.)

Can we have a trophy for the rookie making the biggest contribution to the cause?

It could be called the Kryukov-Heisten-Zagrapan-Cooper-Savage Memorial Trophy — or the Titanic for short.

(I thought the Dudacek was a tad too self-serving.)

We should come up w/ the whole gamut.

It's a shame that Nabakov is no longer on the Island. He'd've been a lock for the goaltending one and possibly the Buddy as well.

Me likey.

How the #### do you pioneer something 30 years after the original?

In the same way Rocket Richard pioneered the position of Goal Scoring Winger 30 years after the league formed. Take something that already exists and be way better than anyone has ever been. That's Leino. The best commander $27M can buy.

In the same way Rocket Richard pioneered the position of Goal Scoring Winger 30 years after the league formed. Take something that already exists and be way better than anyone has ever been. That's Leino. The best commander $27M can buy.

The Rocket Richart?

It's like the Seinfeld episode where George determined that whatever he thought he should do, he did the opposite.

I love you for this. It all makes sense now!

Last year the fantasy gambling kept me going. This year it'll be this thread--some great stuff in here.

Edited by TrueBluePhD