Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Especially if they pair him back up w/ Benoit.

You're welcome.

Hopefully Tank can keep this up to date over the weekend as I expect I'll have limited internet access for the next couple of days.

No!!!! Last time this happened we fell into a tailspin. Priorities man!

It is so refreshing to read up on this thread and take in all the positive energy after a glorious win! What is a little worrisome is the talk of trading off veteran leadership that is leading this team to a CHL championship. Those players are crucial to get us to the minimum salary requirements, and by bringing in ECHL or OHL players not only do we loose their underpriced achievements, we quite possibly could get worse and not better within the CHL.

Our home team shows every sign of being the CHL's top team. Really, no other squad can compare.

I'm a #fancystats novice and I understand only a small amount of what those numbers can reveal, but, of late, I've latched onto what I understand to be each team's aggregate net Corsi. The picture below, I think, shows the for and against values for teams that are among the CHL's best when it comes to Team Corsi For.

post-760-0-91719800-1421442052_thumb.png

For those keeping score at home, the net Corsi's above are -459 (CG), -479 (COL), -84 (NJ), -270 (NJ), and -946 (BUF).

That, my friends, is what's called being better by an order of magnitude. JFC. Just loogit that. Nothing can stop this squad's march to the title. NOTHING.

I'm a #fancystats novice and I understand only a small amount of what those numbers can reveal, but, of late, I've latched onto what I understand to be each team's aggregate net Corsi.

Be one with the GM.

And [Tim Murray] told Rosen that even during an unlikely 7-3-0 run last month he wasn’t really convinced that the team had turned a corner, because the numbers strongly suggested it couldn’t possibly last:

"I think that we played well. I think that we played hard. But the analytics were basically all the same. Our shooting percentage got higher in those wins. I don't want to think completely on that, but the numbers were pretty close to the same as when we lost other than save percentage and shooting percentage. So if you follow that at all you understand, and is that sustainable is the question you have to ask yourself. I answered it to myself and the people in my office, but that didn't change my outlook on this year, no."

Be one with the GM.

Man, I know it.

I gave some people a hard time a few years ago when they were heralding the arrival of the age of #fancystats. But the utility of these numbers and values can no longer be denied.

The thing that I think remains true is what GM TM said about them when he arrived in town: Advanced stats are useful in hockey. The more you know about the game, the less useful they are. But they are still useful. I know comparatively little about hockey, so, for me, those stats provide good insight into how well (or poorly) teams have been playing over the long haul.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Nolan genuinely seems calm and unshaken by where this team is, not panicked or lost, and seems to place due accountability on players. Strangely, I interpret this as a good indication of his sound resolve rather than any sense of defeat or that all is lost.

Very different, and maybe even more encouraging than say, a panicked, defeated Mike Yeo, who has probably been shitting his britches at least semiweekly. Nolan's calmly pushing the players to compete for their jobs, even in the middle of a season where winning seems out of reach.

Damn......

http://www.thescore....nhl/news/674393

The Sabres have 31 points through 43 games, and are heading south. Over/Under on 56.5 total?

cropped_ty_en.jpg?ts=1421426635

Justin Cuthbert

Under. Slam dunk. The Sabres finished with a league-worst 52 points last season with a better roster and without the incentive of one Connor McDavid. With the Coyotes selling and the Oilers Oilersing, the Sabres understand they need to up their tank game to make it all worth while.

Alas, winning 13 of their final 38 games, or losing enough in extra time to accrue the equivalent - they only have three all season - isn't happening.

The Sabres stink worse than their record. And as we've learned, these things tend to even themselves out.

Thomas Drance

Under.The Sabres are the worst team in decades, certainly since the expansion Atlanta Thrashers.

I think they'll fall short of 56.5 and by a wide margin. Hopefully their momentary streak of decent play stands as a reminder to all of us that even the worst team can reel off respectable results over a small sample size.

Justin Bourne

I should've set that bar lower. We're all on the same page here. The Sabres are so bad I can't help but wonder if Tim Murray doesn't watch, do the awkward collar tug and mutter stuff under his breath like, "You may have made this 'trying to lose' thing a bit too obvious here, Timmy."

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Damn......

http://www.thescore....nhl/news/674393

The Sabres have 31 points through 43 games, and are heading south. Over/Under on 56.5 total?

cropped_ty_en.jpg?ts=1421426635

Justin Cuthbert

Under. Slam dunk. The Sabres finished with a league-worst 52 points last season with a better roster and without the incentive of one Connor McDavid. With the Coyotes selling and the Oilers Oilersing, the Sabres understand they need to up their tank game to make it all worth while.

Alas, winning 13 of their final 38 games, or losing enough in extra time to accrue the equivalent - they only have three all season - isn't happening.

The Sabres stink worse than their record. And as we've learned, these things tend to even themselves out.

Thomas Drance

Under.The Sabres are the worst team in decades, certainly since the expansion Atlanta Thrashers.

I think they'll fall short of 56.5 and by a wide margin. Hopefully their momentary streak of decent play stands as a reminder to all of us that even the worst team can reel off respectable results over a small sample size.

Justin Bourne

I should've set that bar lower. We're all on the same page here. The Sabres are so bad I can't help but wonder if Tim Murray doesn't watch, do the awkward collar tug and mutter stuff under his breath like, "You may have made this 'trying to lose' thing a bit too obvious here, Timmy."

This is depressing.

This is depressing.

In a good way?

A regulation win tonight heading to DET tomorrow would be a nice way to enter the All-star break on an absolute tear.

I don't understand how PHI is so bad with Giroux and Simmonds and Cotourier. Any of those players would instantly be the #1 guy in BUF.

A BUF win and EDM loss at FLA would put BUF in 1st.