Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Haven't we said this like four times now?

Yes and GMTM needs to get his act together. He wants to quote analytics as if the Shart can be awarded solely based on the Corsi. He needs to realize he's playing with the big boys and this is no ordinary season. He needs to realize he's up against people like Darcy and others of the same ilk. These are professional losers and GMTM better respond.

We need to get to last place faster. Can Buffalo forfeit a few games?

it's amazing that Edmonton still has fewer points. Look at the stats

-1.66 goal differential per game vs -1.09 for Edmonton - we are giving up an extra 1/2 goal per game on average compared to Edmonton

-12 shot differential vs -2.3 for Edmonton. We're averaging almost a -10 shots per goal more than Edmonton

SVG % - the only stat that favors Edmonton - but just slightly. They're last in the league at 0.889 SVG%, whereas we're 22nd with .904.

But that's only slightly better average goal tending than Edmonton. We blow them out of the water in goal differential and shot differential. We ought to be 6-8 points below them!!!

Edmonton's GM - that one is a sorcerer, I tell you!

-1.66 goal differential per game vs -1.09 for Edmonton - we are giving up an extra 1/2 goal per game on average compared to Edmonton

-12 shot differential vs -2.3 for Edmonton. We're averaging almost a -10 shots per goal more than Edmonton

SVG % - the only stat that favors Edmonton - but just slightly. They're last in the league at 0.889 SVG%, whereas we're 22nd with .904.

But that's only slightly better average goal tending than Edmonton. We blow them out of the water in goal differential and shot differential. We ought to be 6-8 points below them!!!

We are practically just giving them Eichel. It is time to send Zemgus to the A after the all-star game.

Current standings through games played 1/14.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Edmonton 44 25 10 9 59 135

Buffalo 44 27 14 3 57 133

Carolina 43 24 14 5 53 131

New Jersey 45 21 16 8 50 124

Arizona 42 22 16 4 48 128

Philadelphia 44 20 17 7 47 123

Colorado 44 17 18 9 43 119

Minnesota 42 19 18 5 43 123

Columbus 41 20 18 3 43 125

Ottawa 42 17 17 8 42 122

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

All but C-bus, Candy Canes, and Joisey in action tonight.

Sabres welcome the guys from the place cold enough for Scandinavian settlers to say 'now Ione veeee can let de oxen loose from de cart, veee are home at laaast.' That 2 bagger is the only potential 1 pointer.

Eulers in TB. Darcy's Darlings hosting Calgary.

GMTM for CHL GM of the year!

Translation. We stink.

Yes and yes. We need make moves to stay with Arizona.

There has been speculation that NHL Commish would rig the lottery so McDavid goes to Hockey's Desert to play. I am not buying it. If anything when Auston Matthews is draft eligible next season he would be perfect for the Yotes given the fact he is from Scottsdale, Arizona.

Yes and yes. We need make moves to stay with Arizona.

There has been speculation that NHL Commish would rig the lottery so McDavid goes to Hockey's Desert to play. I am not buying it. If anything when Auston Matthews is draft eligible next season he would be perfect for the Yotes given the fact he is from Scottsdale, Arizona.

I don't believe this for a second.

We will know the lottery is rigged when McDavid is a Flyer.

I don't believe this for a second.

We will know the lottery is rigged when McDavid is a Flyer.

The media speculation was that when Pittsburgh was in serious trouble with bankruptcy and was possibility moving, they won the Crosby Lottery. Arizona is in the same boat at the present time and could use a superstar. It's not happening.

The Sabres currently have 31 points in 44 games. Two teams have double that. That's a pace of about 57 points which right teams currently have at least that many.

If they finish at a PPG pace then it's 69 points. Over the last few seasons this is where 69 points get you:

4th, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, T-3rd and 1st (to last).

They have an easier schedule in the West with multiple games against the likes of NAS, LA, ANA, CHI, VAN, SJ, STL, etc... Those games are guaranteed points in the CHL.

Yes and GMTM needs to get his act together. He wants to quote analytics as if the Shart can be awarded solely based on the Corsi. He needs to realize he's playing with the big boys and this is no ordinary season. He needs to realize he's up against people like Darcy and others of the same ilk. These are professional losers and GMTM better respond.

We're still 6 weeks away from the trade deadline. IMO Dubnyk could've fetched more than a 3rd at the deadline.... maybe a 2nd. I, for one, don't want TM to just give guys away for the sake of sucking in Jan or Feb, when the last 6 weeks of the season are what really matter in the race for The Shart.

Sabres (non-CHL) NHL record after 44 games

2014 - 13-26-5 31 points (-48 goal differential)

2015 - 14-27-3 31 points (-72 goal differential)

We tankin as hard as last year.

The team finishing with the worst goal differential has finished dead last in the NHL 15 of the past 16 seasons.

We're still 6 weeks away from the trade deadline. IMO Dubnyk could've fetched more than a 3rd at the deadline.... maybe a 2nd. I, for one, don't want TM to just give guys away for the sake of sucking in Jan or Feb, when the last 6 weeks of the season are what really matter in the race for The Shart.

I see your point, but EDM and ARI have made tank moves in the past two weeks. Is holding onto an UFA until the trade deadline hoping to get a 2nd Rounder rather than a 3rd, worth possibly of missing out on McEichel by a few CHL Losses?.

R-E-L-A-X

Arizona trading away their backup goalie (even if he's playing better than their starter) is not a big deal--we're already much better than they are, with a points cushion to boot!

Seriously, Devin freakin' Dubnyk gets moved, and people are flipping out. Devin. Dubnyk.

I'm still trying to figure out how Dubnyk was actually worth a 3rd round pick.

The Yotes called up their 5th String Goalie from the ECHL to replace Dubnyk

http://www.sportsnet...lee-shane-doan/

Well I guess that answers my question:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22599-around-the-nhl-2014-2015/page__st__2240#entry643031

:P (Just teasing, Brawndo... the article you found was better, and I'd debated whether to post in the ATL or CHL thread.)

The Yotes called up their 5th String Goalie from the ECHL to replace Dubnyk

http://www.sportsnet...lee-shane-doan/

This is going to be a stressful few months. As I've said many times, I think we'll be fine with or without McDavid or Eichel, but obviously I want to finish 30th to ensure at least one of them. The possibility of getting a player of their caliber is too attractive for me and we're in a perfect position to do just that. We just need to outlast the Coyotes and Oilers. I think, unless the Canes start selling the Staals, it will be a 3-horse race. Buckle up, these next few months could very well have an enormous effect on the next decade of our franchise.