Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

For sure. If they can win at least one on their road trip it will be us and them in Edmonton to see who leaves on the low road w the best chance for disgusting unplanned accident. Exciting days .. (Just puked in my mouth and can't type anymore ... It's for the greater good)

Is the formatting issue onky in the OP, or is it in the daily updates as well? I am aware of the issue in the OP, and expected that a compromise on the wrap around issue was to leave the OP that way but only add the MPP column to the daily update.

I don't reference the OP on my mobile...too much of a pain in the azz. Not a biggy, I can always turn the screen if for some reason I can't figure out the numbers.

Good interview from Murray, clearly realizes the tank is our best/only option, and that our stats reflect such.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=748304&navid=nhl:topheads

On our winning 10/13 stretch

"No. I think that we played well. I think that we played hard. But the analytics were basically all the same. Our shooting percentage got higher in those wins. I don't want to think completely on that, but the numbers were pretty close to the same as when we lost other than save percentage and shooting percentage. So if you follow that at all you understand, and is that sustainable is the question you have to ask yourself. I answered it to myself and the people in my office, but that didn't change my outlook on this year, no."

On the trade deadline

we're not going to let pending UFAs leave for nothing. We do have to continue to build this; we're not there. No one can be happy with the record we have and I don't blame them, but we are where we are. It is a rebuild. It wasn't a retool. It wasn't a quick fix. It's a rebuild so that we can be good for a long time. That's the mindset. In saying that we signed Brian Gionta, we traded for Josh Gorges, so we were still able to acquire good players, but we have to be able to acquire good players going forward if we're going to fix this fairly quickly."

Current standings through games played 1/13.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS - MPP

Edmonton 44 25 10 9 59 135

Buffalo 44 27 14 3 57 133

Carolina 43 24 14 5 53 131

New Jersey 44 21 15 8 50 126

Arizona 42 22 16 4 48 128

Philadelphia 43 19 17 7 45 123

Colorado 44 17 18 9 43 119

Minnesota 42 19 18 5 43 123

Ottawa 42 17 17 8 42 122

Columbus 40 19 18 3 41 125

MPP = Maximum Possible Points

Punted Lindy's squad. Replaced them w/ Vanek, Pomms, & crew.

Only 4 NHL games tonight but 3 CHLers among them. C-bus, Filly, & Joisey all in action.

Ottawa 42 17 17 8 42 122

Only 4 NHL games tonight but 3 CHLers among them. C-bus, Filly, & Joisey all in action.

Starting to look like a two team race.

Thanks for the update Taro.

Ottawa 42 17 17 8 42 122

Have some more work to do, but the outlook is much brighter than it was a couple of weeks ago.

Can you imagine where we would be without SO Wins against backup goalies?

Next 10 (CHL games in bold)

BUF: MIN, PHI, @DET, @CAL, @EDM, @VAN, @MTL, STL, DAL, NYI . I see perhaps 6-7 wins, giving us about 12-14 out of a possible 20 points.

EDM: @TB, @FLA, @WAS, MIN, BUF, @CAL, @SJ, PIT, @TOR, @NJ. Only 2 home games, yikes! I see them winning maybe 8-9 of those games, 16-18 points.

So BUF could lose some ground to EDM over the next couple of weeks, but things get really interesting in MAR where BUF only has 4 home games, and EDM has a 6 game homestand against some top CHL teams.

BUF: MIN, PHI, @DET, @CAL, @EDM, @VAN, @MTL, STL, DAL, NYI . I see perhaps 6-7 wins, giving us about 12-14 out of a possible 20 points.

EDM: @TB, @FLA, @WAS, MIN, BUF, @CAL, @SJ, PIT, @TOR, @NJ. Only 2 home games, yikes! I see them winning maybe 8-9 of those games, 16-18 points.

So BUF could lose some ground to EDM over the next couple of weeks, but things get really interesting in MAR where BUF only has 4 home games, and EDM has a 6 game homestand against some top CHL teams.

This last little record-breaking streak has put the Sabres in a position where they can likely withstand a little CHL failure. Hopefully any will be short-lived.

Ugh, Edmonton is so brutally bad on the road; 2-11-7. They might only gather 4-5 points on the road in that stretch. And they might only pick up one or two wins out of those three home games.

Ugh, Edmonton is so brutally bad on the road; 2-11-7. They might only gather 4-5 points on the road in that stretch. And they might only pick up one or two wins out of those three home games.

4-5 points in seven games would be above their pace.

The Wild are due, their corsi is outstanding and the Sabres are not exactly a offensive juggernaut. Philly has been playing better of late. And the EDM plays us tough at home, the rest of those games will be ugly.

The Wild will likely be without their best player in Buffalo tomorrow. We'll see.

Meanwhile:

Minnesota Wild pushes practice back a bit here at First Niagara Center, team meeting before-hand...

"Come on, guys, we're playing the Sabres today. We *have* to win this one. I mean, Vanners and Pommie suck (no offence there, guys. hah, no offence, hah) Anyway, they were their best players and they don't even have them any more."

Edited by MattPie

Double ugh. Looks like Arizona wants to come play too. From Puck Daddy about the goaltending trade:

Dubnyk [traded to the Wild] played 19 games with the Coyotes this season, starting 16 and going 9-5-2. He had a 2.72 GAA and a .916 save percentage., completely outplaying Mike Smith, who has been the goaltending equivalent of hot garbage (7-17-2, 3.52 GAA, .885 save percentage).

Has Arizona played the ace that we always had in our sleeve by paring down their goaltending to league-worst? Or does this start up a goalie carousel that sends a Buffalo goalie to the desert, ensuring we kick every other CHL team in the jibblies on our way down the abyss?

Double ugh. Looks like Arizona wants to come play too. From Puck Daddy about the goaltending trade:

Has Arizona played the ace that we always had in our sleeve by paring down their goaltending to league-worst? Or does this start up a goalie carousel that sends a Buffalo goalie to the desert, ensuring we kick every other CHL team in the jibblies on our way down the abyss?

Sounds like Pittsburgh sending a hot goalie to the minors late in the season before they drafted Mario, bringing up a piece of human tofu to replace him in goal.

oh gawd... this is terrible news. ARI making a statement with that trade.