Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Trading Enroth would help the tank. It won't happen but I would trade him and worry about our goaltending in the offseason. Who knows if Enroth doesn't want to wait and hit the free agent market after this season anyways?

I just don't think you get anything of value for Enroth at this point in his career. He hasn't demonstrated to be a consistent starter from the perspective of the other 29 teams. It would be a total tank motivated move, and creates a hole in the future where you have to address starting goaltending at some point.

What do we know that other teams don't? If the Sabres think he's a bonifide starter then other teams in the league might as well. If he's not a legit starter in the Sabres eyes then it's in the best interest of this organization to sell him to the highest bidder of a contending team to play as their backup and insurance policy. Because if he hasn't demonstrated this ability by now then we still don't have our answer in net and will have to look elsewhere come the summer. In the meantime he won't be a dynasty shootout goaltender and it will aid the tank.

I think we keep him, won't get much for him anyway. He can be our #1 until a better option is available. He will still not command top dollar after this season. He can help with Ullmark's transition to North America next year and see if Ullie is the future. Tim Murray will want his big goalie when we are ready to contend, not Darcy's leftovers.

Shootout skills may be negated if the league adopts 3 on 3 OT, which they should.

What do we know that other teams don't? If the Sabres think he's a bonifide starter then other teams in the league might as well. If he's not a legit starter in the Sabres eyes then it's in the best interest of this organization to sell him to the highest bidder of a contending team to play as their backup and insurance policy. Because if he hasn't demonstrated this ability by now then we still don't have our answer in net and will have to look elsewhere come the summer. In the meantime he won't be a dynasty shootout goaltender and it will aid the tank.

It's not that we know something the other teams don't, its more that I don't think a playoff team is going to trade for him to be their starter because it's too much of an unknown, and trading him to be a backup isn't going to net us any return what his value to the Sabres is.

It would be purely to tank this season and improve our chances at finishing DFL, since our goaltending would be much worse.

I agree we won't get a ton but I'm just not sure what an unproven UFA goalie's worth is to the Sabres. Watching some of these prospects play in the WJC is making me feel better about not finishing in DFL but there are some game changing prospects at the top of next years draft. What good is Enroth playing lights out for the next three months and ruining our chances at one of these top guys if there is far from a guarantee that a) he is an average to above average starter after this year or b) Enroth may want to parle this great year into a big contract and not resign before July 1.

I agree with you that Enroth has not had enough time to prove himself yet as to whether he can be the long term answer yet. Therefore I don't want it to be him killing the tank. I can live (and be happy with) guys like Girgs, Risto and Zad playing great and us winning games but not an unproven UFA goalie.

Enroth's best value is being off this team. Do anything that's possible to get him off the team, even if it means cutting him for being 5 minutes late to practice. Who cares what we "get back" for him from another team, we'll be gaining a McEichel, Strom, or Hanifin.

My eyes are getting ready to roll...

@BillHoppeNHL: Patrick Kaleta had a pretty strong message for Sabres fans unhappy they're winning. I'll share later.

Of course Kaleta would speak against the tank, all players would. The anti-tank members of the media continue to ask players their opinions on building teams and the tank (including Crosby, Doughty, etc...) - what do you think players are going to say? They seem to think these are points in favor of their position when in fact they are not. Most of the crowd that has been pro-tank this year has never suggested players would buy-in to the idea. Even if a few did, they wouldn't say so overtly. For example, I suspect that Moulson supports the idea a little bit, but he would never say so. Why else would he sign here long-term? The money is good yes, but I think he sees the future as bright for the Sabres.

Edited by SabresFuture

Of course Kaleta would speak against the tank, all players would. The anti-tank members of the media continue to ask players their opinions on building teams and the tank (including Crosby, Doughty, etc...) - what do you think players are going to say? They seem to think these are points in favor of their position when in fact they are not. Most of the crowd that has been pro-tank this year has never suggested players would buy-in to the idea. Even if a few did, they wouldn't say so overtly. For example, I suspect that Moulson supports the idea a little bit, but he would never say so. Why else would he sign here long-term? The money is good yes, but I think he sees the future as bright for the Sabres.

I agree with everything you just said. Setting up the quote is a bit annoying and the fact that players even address it is a bit ridiculous. I've always had a problem with players addressing how fans decide they want to root.

It's especially annoying when players complain about booing when they're getting blown out and have been terrible.

Let's say last place comes down to the final game and Moulson is due up in the shootout. A miss and Buffalo finishes last. What does he do? Dump it in the corner? Fire it over the glass, then rip of his jersey to reveal a McEichel t-shirt?

That's ridiculous. There's no tank in any of these players' game. They play for each other and the head coach.... that's it.

Edited by pi2000

Of

Let's say last place comes down to the final game and Moulson is due up in the shootout. A miss and Buffalo finishes last. What does he do? Dump it in the corner? Fire it over the glass, then rip of his jersey to reveal a McEichel t-shirt?

That's ridiculous. There's no tank in any of these players' game. They play for each other and the head coach.... that's it.

Of course Moulson does everything he can to score. The tank is not about the players intentionally making bad plays it's about the GM manipulating the roster to facilitate the tank. The coaches and the players are not in on it.

That would be the greatest pro-wrestling moment in the history of sports. I'm just imagining Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler calling that.

"Here's Moulson coming in on net and he.....shot it over the glass? He shot it over the glass! Now he's tearing off his Sabres jersey to reveal a half Erie Otters, half BU jersey! He's Team Tank! He's tanking for McEichel!!! Now Meszaros is behind the bench in a Team Tank jersey too and he's beating Nolan with a steel chair!!!"

I'm actually sad that we'll never see something that awesome happen.

That would be the greatest pro-wrestling moment in the history of sports. I'm just imagining Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler calling that.

"Here's Moulson coming in on net and he.....shot it over the glass? He shot it over the glass! Now he's tearing off his Sabres jersey to reveal a half Erie Otters, half BU jersey! He's Team Tank! He's tanking for McEichel!!! Now Meszaros is behind the bench in a Team Tank jersey too and he's beating Nolan with a steel chair!!!"

haha okay this made me laugh a lot

Awesome. Just awesome. :beer:

:w00t:

Outstanding